*OFFICIAL* OFWGKTA

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

First thing i ever saw and checked for was that Tyler video posted a few pages ago. I clicked outta that with the quickness. 
indifferent.gif
what type of nasty *%@$ is this?

Someone put me on some of they good stuff.

I downloaded Tyler's first album off the strength of this thread and I was like %%* is this mess. It is beyond my understanding why anyone would listen to his material. I decided to give the group another try and I downloaded Frank Ocean's album and I was surprised how great it is. IMO Tyler is just over the top and just too much.
Just did that right now. Yeah i keep hearing Tyler & Earl are the wild ones. Im checking for the Frank Oceans album right now though.

Im def not going to front on their buzz either.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

First thing i ever saw and checked for was that Tyler video posted a few pages ago. I clicked outta that with the quickness. 
indifferent.gif
what type of nasty *%@$ is this?

Someone put me on some of they good stuff.

I downloaded Tyler's first album off the strength of this thread and I was like %%* is this mess. It is beyond my understanding why anyone would listen to his material. I decided to give the group another try and I downloaded Frank Ocean's album and I was surprised how great it is. IMO Tyler is just over the top and just too much.
Just did that right now. Yeah i keep hearing Tyler & Earl are the wild ones. Im checking for the Frank Oceans album right now though.

Im def not going to front on their buzz either.

Out of the entire OF crew I think Frank Ocean and Hodgy Beats are the most tame and mainstream acceptable.

This is a track of Hodgy Beats solo The Denna Tape

@#+@ is smooth
smokin.gif

Out of the entire OF crew I think Frank Ocean and Hodgy Beats are the most tame and mainstream acceptable.

This is a track of Hodgy Beats solo The Denna Tape

@#+@ is smooth
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Taj gibson

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I respect their goals and creativity, but it's something that won't make it on the iPod. It's good for hip hop. Crazy concepts though. I'm 23 now as well, maybe if I was 14-15, I'd be interested.
son you suck at rapping, though.....F a ipod i wouldnt even play your music by accident if you tweeted the link
laugh.gif

I respect their goals and creativity, but it's something that won't make it on the iPod. It's good for hip hop. Crazy concepts though. I'm 23 now as well, maybe if I was 14-15, I'd be interested.
son you suck at rapping, though.....F a ipod i wouldnt even play your music by accident if you tweeted the link
laugh.gif

Frank Ocean's #%%% is way too dope

Regarding Tyler and Earl, these cats are using their counterculture image as a promotional tool. It's that inherent paradox that leads to half of this thread getting uptight instead of just appreciating the music, which is fresh.

Frank Ocean's #%%% is way too dope

Regarding Tyler and Earl, these cats are using their counterculture image as a promotional tool. It's that inherent paradox that leads to half of this thread getting uptight instead of just appreciating the music, which is fresh.

Originally Posted by YoungSleezy

laugh.gif
Cold Blooded
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by YoungSleezy

laugh.gif
Cold Blooded
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm amazed at their skill and give them props on EVERYTHING except their rapping 
laugh.gif

rnb, production, even their art direction + web presence, buzz are all phenomenal for a group of young kids.

the rapping is trash though, but with them being so young, they're only going to get better at it.

I'm amazed at their skill and give them props on EVERYTHING except their rapping 
laugh.gif

rnb, production, even their art direction + web presence, buzz are all phenomenal for a group of young kids.

the rapping is trash though, but with them being so young, they're only going to get better at it.

THEY SUCK and have no business being mentioned in the same breath as the Wu.  I'm a 21 y/o male from NY, there's no way I'm listening to a bunch of garbage freaks talking about how much their life sucks.  My boy is heavy into them and plays this wackness all the time so I'm not just talkin outta my @!#$@ either.  Everyone tries to make the same case for them too "Ohh like they're not about major labels and they wanna stay underground and not talk about money and girls like every other rapper".  Or, people are like "You're just mad because you like 40 y/o rappers who talk about ice and jewelery".  Na son, them dudes is straight babbage. 

THEY SUCK and have no business being mentioned in the same breath as the Wu.  I'm a 21 y/o male from NY, there's no way I'm listening to a bunch of garbage freaks talking about how much their life sucks.  My boy is heavy into them and plays this wackness all the time so I'm not just talkin outta my @!#$@ either.  Everyone tries to make the same case for them too "Ohh like they're not about major labels and they wanna stay underground and not talk about money and girls like every other rapper".  Or, people are like "You're just mad because you like 40 y/o rappers who talk about ice and jewelery".  Na son, them dudes is straight babbage. 

Originally Posted by TheRaygunZ

What? Tyler wants to sell out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheRaygunZ

What? Tyler wants to sell out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i swear you NT dudes are the biggest clowns on the internet...you get a billion rappers that sound the same and pick one of them and say he's the future of hiphop....but when you got some kids thinkng outside of the box they're a fad?

Em was a fad?
Marylin manson was a fad?
linkin park was a fad?

you can't tell me the Wu comparison was a reach because at the end of the day not all of them was nice (ODB, Masta killa, Ugod)...its pretty obvious these kids look up to the wu and is following their footsteps
Once again no these people weren't a fad they are big impacts in their respective genre's OFWGKTA is not that... How long can you survive off these kind of raps.... i hope homie evolves into someone with real content because he does have rap ability i cant deny it. But yall are HIGHLY overating the creativity of these kids, other people dont sound like them because other people dont want to speak on mutilation & raping peoples moms
laugh.gif

i swear you NT dudes are the biggest clowns on the internet...you get a billion rappers that sound the same and pick one of them and say he's the future of hiphop....but when you got some kids thinkng outside of the box they're a fad?

Em was a fad?
Marylin manson was a fad?
linkin park was a fad?

you can't tell me the Wu comparison was a reach because at the end of the day not all of them was nice (ODB, Masta killa, Ugod)...its pretty obvious these kids look up to the wu and is following their footsteps
Once again no these people weren't a fad they are big impacts in their respective genre's OFWGKTA is not that... How long can you survive off these kind of raps.... i hope homie evolves into someone with real content because he does have rap ability i cant deny it. But yall are HIGHLY overating the creativity of these kids, other people dont sound like them because other people dont want to speak on mutilation & raping peoples moms
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom