Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Being a Dad is hard work. I have twin boys that are 2 years old and my daughter is about to be 4 months. I see why my Dad acted the way he did sometimes now. From bills and work, then coming home dealing with children and the wife it's definitely a job.

Haha how old are your kids?

Hmu hext time you go. I'm right down the highway 15 min. You should check Assateague also its another 15min from OCMD but wild horses and campgrounds and such. Places to kayak and fish. Its coo

I live near Bethany Beach, De. More old ppl way less ppl overall but still close to Rehoboth and OCMD
6, 3, and 1

been to Assateague before but that was about 5 years ago and it was blazing hot so we didn't hardly see any horses...didn't make it there last year but I would like to take my kids there this year

we may drive into Rehoboth to stop at DFH for lunch, especially if our friends go the same week as us...also would want to swing by Dewey Beer Co if they do a release the weekend prior to us getting there

Being a Dad is hard work. I have twin boys that are 2 years old and my daughter is about to be 4 months. I see why my Dad acted the way he did sometimes now. From bills and work, then coming home dealing with children and the wife it's definitely a job.

Just wait until those boys get chores and don't do em. Come home from work expecting the little things be done and they ain't don NOTHIN' with no logical excuse. Welcome to the world of teenagers

I do fear 10-14 may be too old for them to be overwhelmed by the awesomeness.

Hope to get the kids out there by 8 years old...oldest is 4 right now.
Yea 8 should be a good age to take em as well..I feel like any age where they can remember the trip and you dont have to baby them too much would work out for everybody

Not a father as of yet, but salute to y'all brothers for real. I love seeing our generation changing the outdated parenting methods that a lot of our parents used.

my son has traveled a bit for a 6 year old. he's been to the outer islands here a bunch and japan 3x. we went to disneyland, legoland, and san diego zoo when he was 5 and as much fun as it was for us, he only speaks fondly of the zoo. i'm glad my wife did all the prep work for the disney trip because she got whatever the app was and booked all our fast passes and mapped out everything really well. we stayed on property and went back for some much needed naps in the afternoon. at legoland, my son only liked the playground and the disco ball in the hotel elevator :lol:

i don 't think we'll be doing a cali trip again until my daughter is old enough and she can dress up if she wants to.

Last edited:
i will be honest im not ready for those Disney trips.

flights :sick:
food :sick:
hotel stay :sick:
random money :sick:

with 2 kids
Ended goin to knotts berry farm instead. Saved a whole lotta money
who else gona do it?? I’ll be damned if I let my kids struggle without me. We struggle together

my son has traveled a bit for a 6 year old. he's been to the outer islands here a bunch and japan 3x. we went to disneyland, legoland, and san diego zoo when he was 5 and as much fun as it was for us, he only speaks fondly of the zoo. i'm glad my wife did all the prep work for the disney trip because she got whatever the app was and booked all our fast passes and mapped out everything really well. we stayed on property and went back for some much needed naps in the afternoon. at legoland, my son only liked the playground and the disco ball in the hotel elevator :lol:

i don 't think we'll be doing a cali trip again until my daughter is old enough and she can dress up if she wants to.

Man we copped the fast pass and had no idea how to really utilize it until we got there. :lol: Lesson learned, we’ll be better prepared next time

Last edited:
I think the best time to go to Disneyland is in February on a weekday, and get in as early as possible. I live about 20 minutes from Disneyland and my wife works for Disney. So we have castmember passes for the family. Try to go on a weekday if possible, but in the summer months, it might not make a difference at all. Some weekdays are really not that bad at all if you go early. Definitely have a plan. I have 1 and 2 year old girls and we head straight to Minnie's house in Toon Town first to get that out of the way. Then we go next door to Mickey's house if there isn't a long wait. If you go early enough, you can see Minnie and take pictures with her with a 10 to 15 minute wait. Learn the map so you don't waste time roaming around. Even though I know my way around Disneyland, I still hate going there. It takes so long just to park and get inside!

I think the best time to go to Disneyland is in February on a weekday, and get in as early as possible. I live about 20 minutes from Disneyland and my wife works for Disney. So we have castmember passes for the family. Try to go on a weekday if possible, but in the summer months, it might not make a difference at all. Some weekdays are really not that bad at all if you go early. Definitely have a plan. I have 1 and 2 year old girls and we head straight to Minnie's house in Toon Town first to get that out of the way. Then we go next door to Mickey's house if there isn't a long wait. If you go early enough, you can see Minnie and take pictures with her with a 10 to 15 minute wait. Learn the map so you don't waste time roaming around. Even though I know my way around Disneyland, I still hate going there. It takes so long just to park and get inside!

You guys wanna walk me and my family in the park one day? :wink: :lol:

My 19 month old son refuses to talk...Like say anything at all whatsoever.

At 8 months he was saying Apple...and then he just stopped. That was it.

This is beyond stressing me out right now. Already went through this with my daughter but when my son came, he seemed way more responsive and was able to comprehend things very quickly. He hit his milestones much earlier than she did. And now we're at a wall. His comprehension is still growing (though he's a hardheaded mofo) but the kid just refuses to talk. Only reason this hasn't driven me up the wall yet is because I can tell he's understanding words...but it's time to start spitting them back out.

This is beyond stressing me out right now. Already went through this with my daughter but when my son came, he seemed way more responsive and was able to comprehend things very quickly. He hit his milestones much earlier than she did. And now we're at a wall. His comprehension is still growing (though he's a hardheaded mofo) but the kid just refuses to talk. Only reason this hasn't driven me up the wall yet is because I can tell he's understanding words...but it's time to start spitting them back out.

You guys use sign language?

New father to a beautiful baby girl. Her name is Sloan

81C30388-5F08-403E-8030-AD4A1BB9DE01.jpeg

Any educational iOS apps you fellas recommend for a four year old? We want to work on his writing skills as enters summer vacation (he’ll be entering his second year of pre-k next year.)

My kid's school had their version of coachella last week. Pretty cool. Everyday they had something different for the kids. We made a bunch of tupac/nipsey hussle quoted shirts for him and they loved it. One of the Directors was a huge Nip fan. lol (Who would've guessed lol)

It was parents day friday, so they had a outdoor fest and grilled out. Very dope. My kid loved it ran around destroying things as usual. He was also awarded Star student of the month for being able to count to 30 on his own in english, up to 20 in spanish, and 15 words in sign language. I got a little misty-eyed and I am not a crier like that. It's so dope seeing your kid glow up.

These kids are sponges right now.

Do you let him watch a lot of tv or ipad/phone?
Any sign language?
Do you play music (nursery rhymes)? does he sing along?
Do you guys read to him?
What's his doc saying?

Last edited:
New father to a beautiful baby girl. Her name is Sloan
I like the name

all my kids have S names...Scarlett, Stella, and Sullivan

If our third was a girl I didn't really look into names much until after we found out the gender but one I would have considered is Savanna

Back
Top Bottom