Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

D42A0C8D-E2B2-4565-95BD-A381D0CC8B2D.jpeg

Young fella nuts hanging low already. :pimp:

What a mf’n feeling man. Such a high.

Got a daughter and son now. 2 and done!

8.2 lbs
Congrats, on a healthy addition to the family.

Congrats!

Fellow dad’s I need some encouragement. My 2 year old is at that unbearable whining stage. Starts from a fake cry to real cry whenever he wants something. Wife and I try to be patient but Holy ****ing **** I’m about to lose it. Had to walk away from him last night, like that bad.

Just a phase, right?
Ignoring it is the best advice, if crying/whining gets them what they want it will only get worse. My daughter is 2 and I always tell her to use her words and bargain with me as she knows I'll let her cry. My wife is still working on not letting it bother her as they whine much more for her as we also have a child whose turning 1 this month.

I gotta visit this thread more. My son turns 2 in May and I could definitely use the advice.

My son seems like he’s really struggling with the stranger danger phase. He literally cries every time he sees my mom because she doesn’t come around as much due to work.

I know it bothers her because she was really looking forward to being a dotting (sp?) grandmother. Any advice how to mend this?

I gotta visit this thread more. My son turns 2 in May and I could definitely use the advice.

My son seems like he’s really struggling with the stranger danger phase. He literally cries every time he sees my mom because she doesn’t come around as much due to work.

I know it bothers her because she was really looking forward to being a dotting (sp?) grandmother. Any advice how to mend this?
My daughter (2) was like that and my son (1) can be like that some times. 2 things we did/do is to have our family and friends respects the kids feelings so we don't force the interaction. also what seemed to really work in getting the kids over this was to celebrate/create excitement about whose visiting making it a more positive feeling.

My brother Howfa (I’m an Igbo boy)

Thank you for the insight I will definitely try this when she comes over to visit. **** stressful bruh. It’s hard telling a parent just chill and let them come to you.

Damn my wife and family keeps pressuring for number 2 since our daughter turns 3 this year. I definitely want another just don’t have the space yet. Trying for this career change also is taking some time.

Haven't been in here in a while. Good to see this thread going strong. My son is turning 5 in a few weeks and my daughter 3 a month after that. Been trying to figure out this whole kindergarten thing the past few months. It's worse than finding day care. haha

i think they all go through this. Daycare tell us how our son hates when guests come to his class. He gets really clingy to his favorite teacher and cries. For family it helps with phone calls at least with my son. My dad calls my son everyday via facetime or a phone call and when he comes to visit they are like bff's.

Almost took my 15 yr old sons head off this weekend.
Trying to get him to use more critical thinking. Bad grades.
He’s a good kid, doesn’t talk back, respects his elder fam but is terrible at applying his mind @ school.
Bout to send him to the homeland to stay with gpa. F alternative school. **** was like a breeding ground for YA

Lol where’s your homeland bro? Give the youngin time 15 can be rough.

Real **** if my BM will allow it I’m definitely
not opposed to send my kid to my fatherland (Nigeria) to stay with my people if he even thinks about going down the wrong path.

I actually have wanted to send him there for a year or two either way to pick up my dads language and to help him understand the beauty of our people but I know my BM ain’t with it.

Haven't been in here in a while. Good to see this thread going strong. My son is turning 5 in a few weeks and my daughter 3 a month after that. Been trying to figure out this whole kindergarten thing the past few months. It's worse than finding day care. haha
my oldest started kindergarten this year

going to the public school in our town within the school district...we just had to get the wrap around care figured out and were lucky to get into the one that is w/ the YMCA

It is held at their school and occasionally at the YMCA facility on days off from holidays or inclement whether so they can swim and use the rest of the facility...much cheaper than daycare

if we didn't get into that we don't know what we have would have done

looked into someone w/ a "daycare" at their house close to the school and it was horrible...telling us to overlook the bottles of wine left behind from her daughter who just moved out :smh:

Lol where’s your homeland bro? Give the youngin time 15 can be rough.

Real **** if my BM will allow it I’m definitely
not opposed to send my kid to my fatherland (Nigeria) to stay with my people if he even thinks about going down the wrong path.

I actually have wanted to send him there for a year or two either way to pick up my dads language and to help him understand the beauty of our people but I know my BM ain’t with it.
Kingdom of Tonga (South Pacific island).
My old lady is Tongan as well. She understands and is for sending him back.
Idk.. going to give him until summer break or I’ll deport his *** lol

Not sure if anyone has heard the latest about this “MoMo” video that’s now been appearing on YT & YT Kids but apparently it’s a video instructing kids to physically harm themselves, to not tell their parents and if they do, they’ll get hurt as well. Only pops up during certain videos. Too ugly of a vid to post but feel free to google it.

Has anyone in here experienced this?

I’ll admit, I’m one of those parents who gives their kids a device but it’s definitely not for long periods of time and not daily either.

My wife and I let our little ones watch YT Kids and my daughter has become obsessed with LOL Surprise, which is one of the videos it apparently pops up during.

We do monitor what the kids look at but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience and if so, what video was your child watching.

Yeah I heard about it, definitely a scary thing for young children. We don’t allow our young ones access to iPads or phones but I do worry about other young kids who may have seen it discussing it at daycare. So we are going’s to speak to them about it today.

Yeah I heard about it, definitely a scary thing for young children. We don’t allow our young ones access to iPads or phones but I do worry about other young kids who may have seen it discussing it at daycare. So we are going’s to speak to them about it today.

I didn’t even think about that. That’s definitely something that parents should be aware of in daycare and schools

Yes. I just had that talk with my daughter about the video. Although she’s 13, I do believe that it’s still important to talk to them about anything dealing psychiatric illness. These teen have these suicide, sex, or/and pregnancy pacts. I had to reassure her about her self worth and understanding about life.

In other news, my daughter has an idea of two things she wants to do. :lol:. Become a diplomat (she speaks 3 languages - English, Spanish and French. She picking up Mandrian in her 9th grade year.) Or, theater :lol: (costume/make up design or stage designer) Great feeling to know which direction she wants to go into, I can now start the involvement (internship, summer camp, programs, etc)

It’s great to watch my teen find her own identity with fashion statement.

8245D635-DB5B-4CAD-BEC9-16D333A06B2A.jpeg

563984DD-B311-454D-8BB0-315659464439.jpeg

I've seen that Momo stuff on FB and thankfully my girls have Kindles so they don't even have access to YouTube unless I'm playing Peppa Pig on the TV and I control that

Back
Top Bottom