Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

:smh: so damn dissappointed in Lion guard
It's aimed at kids wh still watch sprout
I thought it would be still cool for something parents can still watch with their kids
Ala avatar the last air bender
Or Ben 10
Or teen titans go
The lion guard show is trash
Like I expected simba daughter be even be waaaaaay older
But looks like she the same age as kion
I also thought we was gonna see tha lion that looks like scar from lion king 2 who liked kiara
Ime and my son are STILL heated at young justice cancellation :smh:

My son is 4 months old.

He does not sleep enough. Dude sleeps maybe 10 hours a day. He's not angry or crying dude just doesn't want to sleep. Me and my wife wake up and dude is looking us laughing.

Only reason I'm concerned is he's underweight. He's in the 90th percentile height wise but the 38th weight wise.

He's exclusively breast fed and I know breast fed babies typically weigh less but I'm worried his sleeping is negativity impacting is weight.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Bruh honestly this ain't nothing to trip off of
weight wise
That percentile thing and being in range stuff can stress new parents out
Some babies just gain weight slowly and then have a big growth spurt weight wise

:smh: so damn dissappointed in Lion guard
It's aimed at kids wh still watch sprout
I thought it would be still cool for something parents can still watch with their kids
Ala avatar the last air bender
Or Ben 10
Or teen titans go
The lion guard show is trash
Like I expected simba daughter be even be waaaaaay older
But looks like she the same age as kion
I also thought we was gonna see tha lion that looks like scar from lion king 2 who liked kiara
Ime and my son are STILL heated at young justice cancellation :smh:
Congrats to all the fathers :smokin.
Mann... I still watch aang and his homies til this day with my tribe. Can hear a pin drop when watching certain episodes

Me and the mini been running through a bunch of Marvel animated movies that are streaming free on Amazon Prime right now.

Ultimate Avengers, Hulk vs. Thor/Hulk vs. Wolverine etc.

We do the same with Avengers Assemble, Justice League Unlimited etc. on Netflix too.

Tried watching some of the Batman animated joints with him as well. Until I quickly realized they are NOT for kids :lol:

He still wants to watch "Under The Red Hood" every day though :lol:

Last edited:
In regards to children tv shows, I decided to check out Caillou one day and realized I aint letting my daughter watch that show. That kid is a whining punk kid.

Don't need my daughter to learn how to whine like him.

Me and my boy watch teen titans go daily.
Like at first I was heated
It was like the old teen titans show but then I sit and watched with my son
And started rollin
In the real though
My son put me on regular show and adventure time
Those 2 shows are so damn underrated
Also that show about the boy who has a gem in his stomach
And fights with other gems
I can't think of the name at the moment
Comes on Cartoon Network
The boys name Steven
EDIT: Stevens universe :lol:

My son tried to put into uncle grandpa
Me and the mini been running through a bunch of Marvel animated movies that are streaming free on Amazon Prime right now.

We do the same with Avengers Assemble, Justice League Unlimited etc. on Netflix too.

Tried watching some of the Batman animated joints with him as well. Until I quickly realized they are NOT for kids :lol:

Yeah ran through those animated joints with my son
I like that hulk agents of smash
Haven't really watched avengers assemble with him
After they cancelled the other avengers earths mightest heroes
And replaced it with that
I said forget it
Also like that ultimate Spider-Man

In regards to children tv shows, I decided to check out Caillou one day and realized I aint letting my daughter watch that show. That kid is a whining punk kid.

Bruuuuuh u ain't eem lyin
Dude always ****** whining about something
I really hate that bald headed kid
Can't front
The theme song is catchy as **** though

Me and my boy watch teen titans go daily.
Like at first I was heated
It was like the old teen titans show but then I sit and watched with my son
And started rollin
In the real though
My son put me on regular show and adventure time
Those 2 shows are so damn underrated
Also that show about the boy who has a gem in his stomach
And fights with other gems
I can't think of the name at the moment
Comes on Cartoon Network
The boys name Steven
EDIT: Stevens universe :lol:

My son tried to put into uncle grandpa

Yeah ran through those animated joints with my son
I like that hulk agents of smash
Haven't really watched avengers assemble with him
After they cancelled the other avengers earths mightest heroes
And replaced it with that
I said forget it
Also like that ultimate Spider-Man

Mightiest Heroes and Ultimate Spider Man are on Netflix too I believe.

So is Young Justice.

There is a whole FB group, YT videos and some more about Caillou. People were saying that they noticed their kids go from being independent to straight up whiny punks after watching him a lot 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/07/31/parents-hate-caillou/

This is the title of that page: 10 Reasons Parents Hate Caillou And Think He Should DIAF 
roll.gif

My little man will catch it here and there but his show right now Super Why.

Edit: Just read a comment on that page.....
Yeah... I don't get why he's bald either. When our kids were really little my husband was once attempting to describe Calliou to me, only he was saying "that show about the little kid with cancer." to which I'm saying "What the hell are you talking about??" It took me ten minutes to realize he was talking about Calliou, a further ten minutes to tell him that he was just bald and didn't have cancer, and a further ten minutes for the two of us to brainstorm why the holy hell we had been talking about that crap show for the last half hour.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
Swear to god i thought phil collins was singing the super why theme

They need to juat call sesame.street .....Elmo

My son is 4 months old.

He does not sleep enough. Dude sleeps maybe 10 hours a day. He's not angry or crying dude just doesn't want to sleep. Me and my wife wake up and dude is looking us laughing.

Only reason I'm concerned is he's underweight. He's in the 90th percentile height wise but the 38th weight wise.

He's exclusively breast fed and I know breast fed babies typically weigh less but I'm worried his sleeping is negativity impacting is weight.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Don't worry bro, as long as the pediatrician says your kid is healthy im sure he's fine
My daughter is in the 90% in height and something like 30% in weight and she drinks more than normal. My aunt's baby is 2 weeks older and :lol:drinks half as much and has 5 pounds easily on my daughter :lol:

Swear to god i thought phil collins was singing the super why theme

They need to juat call sesame.street .....Elmo
laugh.gif

Sesame Street is probably the least educational show on PBS now.

If you want your kid to learn their ABC's stat, get them the Leapfrog "Letter Factory" DVD with the flashcards. Watching that 5x/day our son learned all the letters in two weeks.

Don't worry bro, as long as the pediatrician says your kid is healthy im sure he's fine
My daughter is in the 90% in height and something like 30% in weight and she drinks more than normal. My aunt's baby is 2 weeks older and :lol:drinks half as much and has 5 pounds easily on my daughter :lol:

As long as they are gaining weight and using the bathroom consistently, don't sweat it. My little man (who just turned 1 on Wednesday, is crazy how fast a year goes) stayed in the teens percentage wise, until he was like 9 months. But he's healthy and growing like a bean.

laugh.gif

If you want your kid to learn their ABC's stat, get them the Leapfrog "Letter Factory" DVD with the flashcards. Watching that 5x/day our son learned all the letters in two weeks.
My son learned his ABC's by age 2 because I sang him the song every night when putting him to sleep, then reinforced it with foam letters in the bath that he loved lining up in order along the wall.  My 19 month old daughter, on the other hand, hates to be sung to and just gnaws on the letters in the tub.  The girl won't even sit still long enough for me to read her a board book and plays with a toy for approximately 2 seconds before throwing it down and moving on to another.    I can already tell she's gonna be something else...

On another note, any of you with preschool age kids struggling with health (viral colds, etc) issues?  My son started preschool in August and I swear he has been sick at least 7 times that I can recall.  It's so frustrating... as soon as he recovers from one and I send him back to school he comes home with another.  Seems like a never ending cycle and I'm at my wits end!  I try to preach to him about hand washing, not touching his face or mouth, avoiding other kids who are obviously sick/coughing, but don't think it even matters.  Please tell me it gets better eventually.

Last edited:
Nah man... :lol:

I see it from my niece and nephew who are 7 and 4 respectively....schools and kids are just disease ridden....

Plus, kids are too young to realize just how much STUFF they touch and come into contact with that is still dirty, etc.

:lol:

My son learned his ABC's by age 2 because I sang him the song every night when putting him to sleep, then reinforced it with foam letters in the bath that he loved lining up in order along the wall.  My 19 month old daughter, on the other hand, hates to be sung to and just gnaws on the letters in the tub.  The girl won't even sit still long enough for me to read her a board book and plays with a toy for approximately 2 seconds before throwing it down and moving on to another.    I can already tell she's gonna be something else...

On another note, any of you with preschool age kids struggling with health (viral colds, etc) issues?  My son started preschool in August and I swear he has been sick at least 7 times that I can recall.  It's so frustrating... as soon as he recovers from one and I send him back to school he comes home with another.  Seems like a never ending cycle and I'm at my wits end!  I try to preach to him about hand washing, not touching his face or mouth, avoiding other kids who are obviously sick/coughing, but don't think it even matters.  Please tell me it gets better eventually.
Nah that's normal man
My son was getting sick back to back at school
When he first started
So did my daughter
They gonna build up that immunity so don't trip

I remember one time we were at the hospital visiting my girls mom. (She's a nurse) and the doctor was on the phone with a new mother complaining about her breast hurting. And they kept telling her she needs to pump and there was a language barrier but her husband was freaking out and the wife kept on complaining that she was going to pass out and that they were going to call 911. It was Hillarious cause I can see and hear the frustration on each side.

Sup Dads, I'm on my second day of paternal leave and my daughter been surprisingly good lol.

I'm surviving!

Back
Top Bottom