Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

i really hope this isn't what this threads gonna turn into, cause if it is i'ma bow out. the rest of the internet has enough of it. on that note i will leave charmcitykid with the following....

a) you can compare designer to niche A LOT. I have some designers that have more depth and complexity (not to mention staying power) than a whole lotta synthetic, watered down, or just a straight up sloppy *** niche compositions will ever have. niche/designer just comes down to branding at this point in time.

b) aventus cologne is nice and all, it's just not all that great. its definitely not groundbreaking (which isnt a terrible thing), but it also smells very generic. (niche used to mean a frag was gonna be unique and probably he of decent quality, it hasnt anymore for a while now)

c) aventus batch variations exist because creed wants it to.... and if it's not on purpose it's just sloppy qc/production. There are plenty of natural ingredient based scents that have been around for years and remain fairly static, and at the enda the day the amount of natural ingredients in any frag isn't all that high. Reformulation does not equal batch variation, its literally just a company increasing the bottom line in most instances.

d) the average person can't tell the difference between any batch of aventus. it all smells the same to them. cold hard fact

I agree 100%

Man you guys get in the weeds with the amount of thought you put into fragrances.

Me: Smells good.
10mins later: Okay I’ll buy it.

I don’t even know WTF N codes and 2010 batches are let alone where to find them 🤣

And to this day, Acqua Di Gio will still get you as many, if not more, compliments than Aventus batch N198Y2872 from 1978 :lol:.

What's everyone's scent of the day?
All this talk of GIT, I realized my decant is empty. Threw on Chez Bond. Not as good but a decent replacement.

image.jpg

Bottles about halfway gone too, gonna have to start prepping for a re-up

Love by the fireplace

Does anyone have or smelt any of the Juliette has a gun fragrances?

I assumed just by the name the fragrances would be feminine.. but Ive seen some included in best niche summer frangrances, especially vanilla vibes

those
I bought AC when it first came out. Immediately started using it as my main frag. Smells good to me.
you won't find many ppl with something bad to say about it. i just wish it performed a little better, but it's definitely mass appealing and non offensive. also great for the office.

Speaking of MMM, ive had this bookmarked forever. I'll get around to buy it eventually.

I've only had jazz club fireplace and barbershop. They were 3 for 3 so I want to try everything else. Whatever leans feminine ill just give to the wife.

Last edited:
SOTD was Dior homme sport 2012 formulation.

this is a sleeper n definitely not a sport fragrance, copped the 3.4 oz on eBay 4 pennies yrs ago n it’s rockin stronger than ever.

Back
Top Bottom