Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

SOTD - PDM Herod

6l5Tj.jpg

They back to the old juice or is it still that reformulation that's extra spicy?

resido resido Yeah I have 1/2 full bottle from a couple years ago which was still the good batch IMO with the better cherry tobacco note.

Last year they reformulated it. Smells more like Spicebomb than the OG Herod.

Threw on Pure Malt today for the first time in like 2 years. It doesn't smell as strong as I remember, there's barely any malt note. I've read that when cologne just sits, it starts to lose potency. Is that true?

Threw on Pure Malt today for the first time in like 2 years. It doesn't smell as strong as I remember, there's barely any malt note. I've read that when cologne just sits, it starts to lose potency. Is that true?

That could very well be true. I've heard of top notes "burning off" of fragrances that have sat for a while. Oxidation could definitely cause the chemical makeup to change or light exposure. Where did you store it?

That could very well be true. I've heard of top notes "burning off" of fragrances that have sat for a while. Oxidation could definitely cause the chemical makeup to change or light exposure. Where did you store it?
I store all my frags upright inside a small leather box cover, which sits inside my drawer, where it's always cool and dark.

I don't know about his bottle, but the pure malt that's being sold in Macy's nowadays is definitely reformulated. I have tried multiple stores, and all the bottles were weaker. The juice doesn't last as long at all.

All my NT Smell Good fam...I was told that Bath and Body Works are supposed to be bringing back the Mahogany Woods cologne. There was a huge demand for it after they discontinued it, so they are bringing it back in a few weeks.

It's good to see that more dudes are wearing cologne from bath and body works. I just recently copped 2 3.4 oz bottles of the Sea Salt Mimosa cologne and the matching lotion and body wash. Joint smells fresh!

Also happy they brought back the Ocean scent. That was my year round go to smell.

The allure of mahogany woods was it was good juice at a cheap price. If it comes back at retail 30 or even higher 50 as mentioned, noone is even going to bat an eyelash.
At that point might as well get rochas man, MJ23, or get in on a split of New Haarlem. All similar profiles to MW, but do it better.

Back
Top Bottom