Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

There's certainly a ton of hate for the Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. I don't get it and don't understand the hate for it. It smells almost exactly like AHS with a heavier dose of tonka bean. I think it's a great scent for the winter but to each their own I guess.

There's certainly a ton of hate for the Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. I don't get it and don't understand the hate for it. It smells almost exactly like AHS with a heavier dose of tonka bean. I think it's a great scent for the winter but to each their own I guess.

nah man it's over balmy and nasty

^ Phone order from the Dior Las Vegas boutique.

Man, screw those guys who said Terre d'Hermes is only for old people. I just got it and sprayed some on; it's a mature scent but in a good way. It smells sophisticated. It IS something my dad would wear, but that doesn't make it a bad cologne at all :pimp:

Thanks! And your 100% Terre is sophisticated but not for old people, Its ranked #1 on basenotes all time i believe. That should tell you something.

Have a lot of different fragrances but for winter Ive been wearing TV or the original A Men almost everyday. I swear that AMen is a straight up masterpiece. The dry down is arguably one of the best in a fragrance all time.

Was able to sample Tuscan Leather and Italian Cypress in the past few days, awesome scents. If only Tom Ford scents weren't so expensive

Have a lot of different fragrances but for winter Ive been wearing TV or the original A Men almost everyday. I swear that AMen is a straight up masterpiece. The dry down is arguably one of the best in a fragrance all time.

I think you are being a little generous my man; it's okay it's no masterpiece

I think you are being a little generous my man; it's okay it's no masterpiece

You do realize people have different noses and general preferences in a cologne plus they can act somewhat differently on people, right? You might think it's only okay but love Aventus instead and he could feel just the opposite. It's one thing to give input on characteristics or whatever but it's not really fair to try to dictate how others feel about scents.

Sorry if I'm out of line as an infrequent poster in here but that's my opinion.

You do realize people have different noses and general preferences in a cologne plus they can act somewhat differently on people, right? You might think it's only okay but love Aventus instead and he could feel just the opposite. It's one thing to give input on characteristics or whatever but it's not really fair to try to dictate how others feel about scents.

Sorry if I'm out of line as an infrequent poster in here but that's my opinion.

You are out of line but I've seen this type of stuff in other threads from you trying to pick e fights but I generally disregard you

You can really like a cologne but that doesn't make it a masterpiece, A masterpiece is universally loved. I love Sean John I Am King but it's hardly a masterpiece to the masses. The key word is masterpiece if he said I really like it that's a different story. A Men is almost as disliked as it is loved.

Stick to what you know before coming at me.

Last edited:
Anyone use myperfumesamples ? Sorry if it's been discussed before, I just ordered a few samples an was curious. They have decent selection and some prices weren't too bad.

I've never tried it but it's def legit especially nowadays because it's harder to get samples; stores used to hand them out willingly now they make you buy something generally

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just giving my honest opinion of how i smell it although I agree it is a love/hate type of frag. I would disagree with you on saying that a masterpiece of a fragrance has to be "universally" liked. I feel like some of the "safest" and most generic smelling fragrances are usually ones which are best sellers or most favorable to the general public. I'm not a die hard defender of AMen or anything but I feel that even though it was released in 1996, it's still modern and one of the most unique smelling colognes out there.

Last edited:
 I haven't worn pure leather on my skin but have smelt it on paper. Although I watch a lot of fragrance reviews on youtube. A lot of reviewers have mentioned the fact that Pure Leather is basically the original angel men without the harsh tar opening. AMen's dry down is essentially what it is famous for (or popular among those that like it). From smelling it on paper which isn't the best way to judge a fragrance, I agree with those that say it is very reminiscent of the original with a very subdued leather note. All in all, it's a very nice fragrance and I believe it's best suited for fall/winter like most other Mugler colognes.

nsj, keep it 100. I have Pure Malt. I have Pure Havane.

Even worth it to try Pure Leather in your opinion.

Wore Issey Bleue today. I really like it and received multiple compliments (2) today.

My body chemistry and natural smell has had a noticeable change over , probably the past 2 months. Could be due to stress. 

One of the key things I've noticed is that, every single cologne I wear is beast mode for the first 3 hours. This was never the case before, I could rock 3 sprays (use to do up to 10) of YSL l'homme and its projecting like Le Male for hours.

That Serge Lutens is great and you guys should scoop with the quickness especially for winter

I love Pure Havane myself but have never smelled Pure Leather; one of the few TM colognes I have never smelled

What do you think of that Pure Leather?

nsj, keep it 100. I have Pure Malt. I have Pure Havane.

Even worth it to try Pure Leather in your opinion.

Wore Issey Bleue today. I really like it and received multiple compliments (2) today.

I can't really help you guys out, I've never smelled it. I don't want to open to box yet in case I have to return it, as no one has messaged me for either one.
@illphillip I know some people have said pure malt and havanne are interchangable, but personally I find them to be nothing alike. So I imagine the same for pure leather as well

Any recommendations from Bloomingdales ? My buddy has 20% off next week on fragrances on top of his regular discount. I got y'all homme, bulgari aqua, Gucci guilty and Burberry touch already

Back
Top Bottom