OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

If the laces were hidden, the damn shoe 'll look all choked up. And "wrinkly" looking and having the upper flare out, since it's flywire, not thick mesh or leather.
The lace system works fine with the flywire upper. Every lace hole is evenly separated.

And I'm pretty sure Eric thought of that due to, He being the designer of one of those shoes you posted.

I don't really like when the lace holes are hidden.....as far as when I'm playing basketball.  I like to tie my shoes fairly tight when playing and when the lase loops are hidden it tends to pull the fabric inside away from the rest of the shoe.  I don't really know how to explain this....
laugh.gif

I don't really like when the lace holes are hidden.....as far as when I'm playing basketball.  I like to tie my shoes fairly tight when playing and when the lase loops are hidden it tends to pull the fabric inside away from the rest of the shoe.  I don't really know how to explain this....
laugh.gif

wow , like that heel cup alot, cant beat the VI's heel cup though , these are just fantastic from heel to toe though

whoever posted ewarly VII info tha Kobe likes his signature on the shoe wasnt kiddin ! lol

thanks for the pictures y'all, wettin the appetite more and more with each shot

wow , like that heel cup alot, cant beat the VI's heel cup though , these are just fantastic from heel to toe though

whoever posted ewarly VII info tha Kobe likes his signature on the shoe wasnt kiddin ! lol

thanks for the pictures y'all, wettin the appetite more and more with each shot

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

These and the VIs already appear to have a one piece seamless upper. I wonder why they never went the route of hiding the lace loops inside of the shoe like the '04 zoom trainer, hyperflight, payton 2, ultraflight:
pic005.jpg
air-zoom-ultraflight.jpg
nike-hyperflight-page.jpg

Even your first lebron shoe had them hidden for the majority of the shoe, with a metallic piece for two exposed loops. The second one was hidden somewhat, with the loops going up the top ridge of the shoeline.

Is it the flywire threads that are tied in with the current lace hole placement?

Maybe thats something for the Kobe VIIIs to look forward to?

If you're already going somewhat seamless and a one piece sleek look, they might as well go all the way with hiding the lace holes.
I HATE eyelet straps.  They fray and in turn cause the laces to fray, all bad.  More pics! They are looking nice.  It is interesting they squared off the outer portion below the toe box.  

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

These and the VIs already appear to have a one piece seamless upper. I wonder why they never went the route of hiding the lace loops inside of the shoe like the '04 zoom trainer, hyperflight, payton 2, ultraflight:
pic005.jpg
air-zoom-ultraflight.jpg
nike-hyperflight-page.jpg

Even your first lebron shoe had them hidden for the majority of the shoe, with a metallic piece for two exposed loops. The second one was hidden somewhat, with the loops going up the top ridge of the shoeline.

Is it the flywire threads that are tied in with the current lace hole placement?

Maybe thats something for the Kobe VIIIs to look forward to?

If you're already going somewhat seamless and a one piece sleek look, they might as well go all the way with hiding the lace holes.
I HATE eyelet straps.  They fray and in turn cause the laces to fray, all bad.  More pics! They are looking nice.  It is interesting they squared off the outer portion below the toe box.  

Originally Posted by just another pair

Wow they look amazing the sole looks amazing the heelcup looks amazing..
...And, what adjective would you use to describe the tongue?

Originally Posted by just another pair

Wow they look amazing the sole looks amazing the heelcup looks amazing..
...And, what adjective would you use to describe the tongue?

Back
Top Bottom