OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2k4 was a classic. I'm glad that i have like 2 pairs for my rotation and 1 to keep on ice

I like the lbj 8s
frown.gif

And those 2k4s are tied with the zk5s as my favorite Basketball sneaker TO PLAY IN! I'd give up my left nut for a lifetime supply of 2k4s (the canyon/Blk and the Blk/prp colorway)

Originally Posted by never wear them

I like the lbj 8s
frown.gif

And those 2k4s are tied with the zk5s as my favorite Basketball sneaker TO PLAY IN! I'd give up my left nut for a lifetime supply of 2k4s (the canyon/Blk and the Blk/prp colorway)

i got close to a life time supply of those 2 cw edwin...we can work a deal LOL jk jk i dont want your balls.
roll.gif

MaximumFoams wrote:
iriepirate21 wrote:
This difference in tone between this thread and the Lebron VIII thread cracks me up.
Kobe VI thread: "Heat!" "Awesome!" "Insta-Cop!" "Wow!"

Lebron VIII thread: "Look like some generic Air Max's." "This is the signature shoe for LeBron James? LOL" "I'm done with the Lebron line."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT
it's like everyone thinks that the 8's are a generic looking sneaker but the 6's has a snakeskin upper with a similar shape to the 5's and everyone is lovin it

You two seem to have forgotten how far the Kobe line & everything that's associated with Kobe has come in the last six years. '04 was the last year Kobe's jersey was #1 in the US up until 2007.  The 2K5 didn't do as well as the 2k4 (primarilly because the '04-'05 season was when Kobe 'broke up the Lakers').  Kobes' first signiature shoe went from $134.99 to $89.99 one week after it first released (here in TN anyway) and was on shelves at ROSS for as low as $29.99; subsequently causing the Kobe II & III not to be sold out here (at least not in the Nashville area) & the IV only sold at the outlets (again, in TN). His popularity hadn't started to get back to where it was until the end of the '08 season.  So if you'd paid attention to his career from '04 to present & to see how well the IV & V did, it's only right to have animated excitement about the VI.  Especially compared to LeBron's shoe(s).

i really dont like to judge kobes shoes until he wears them but i gotta say so far so good...they just need to clean it up around the swoosh and the possiblities of this shoe are endless but ill wait til chirstmas when he brings them out against that stinky miami heat team

gotta see how they look on kobe feet but will be copping just gotta cop my kobe 5 del sol i know im late smh

Pretty cool pic's posted, thanks for sharing.. I'm liking them, ohhh noooooooo, 25 more pairs of Kobes to come for me? LMAOOOOOOOO

At least it's not 25 ID's as well as GR's and LE"s like Edwin and a few of you guy's...... haha

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

MaximumFoams wrote:
iriepirate21 wrote:
This difference in tone between this thread and the Lebron VIII thread cracks me up.
Kobe VI thread: "Heat!" "Awesome!" "Insta-Cop!" "Wow!"

Lebron VIII thread: "Look like some generic Air Max's." "This is the signature shoe for LeBron James? LOL" "I'm done with the Lebron line."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT
it's like everyone thinks that the 8's are a generic looking sneaker but the 6's has a snakeskin upper with a similar shape to the 5's and everyone is lovin it

You two seem to have forgotten how far the Kobe line & everything that's associated with Kobe has come in the last six years. '04 was the last year Kobe's jersey was #1 in the US up until 2007.  The 2K5 didn't do as well as the 2k4 (primarilly because the '04-'05 season was when Kobe 'broke up the Lakers').  Kobes' first signiature shoe went from $134.99 to $89.99 one week after it first released (here in TN anyway) and was on shelves at ROSS for as low as $29.99; subsequently causing the Kobe II & III not to be sold out here (at least not in the Nashville area) & the IV only sold at the outlets (again, in TN). His popularity hadn't started to get back to where it was until the end of the '08 season.  So if you'd paid attention to his career from '04 to present & to see how well the IV & V did, it's only right to have animated excitement about the VI.  Especially compared to LeBron's shoe(s).

It's Nashville TN dude. Nobody live out there
laugh.gif
. Most Kobes shoes (the good colors ) sold out fast here in CA and the West side in general. And btw Kobe popularity was always there. The Lakers popularity took a dive from 05-07 but now it's at an all time high because of the repeat championship and Kobe
pimp.gif

"His popularity hadn't started to get back to where it was until the end of the '08 season"

Hope your talkin bout his popularity with kicks... Dude has been on the spotlight since 96...

His sneakerfame was always there... Any old NTers in here remember how bad we wanted him in Jordan Brand?
Or how many times we kept talking about what shoe Kobe had on that night, whether it be the And1 tai chi or the Answers, or Jordan XIs... Dude has always been into sneakers. His adidas line was real dope till the 2s to be honest.

His sneaker fame has increased in popularity with the 4s for sure.

But his shoes never flopped when it came to performance, that's for sure

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

Pretty cool pic's posted, thanks for sharing.. I'm liking them, ohhh noooooooo, 25 more pairs of Kobes to come for me? LMAOOOOOOOO

At least it's not 25 ID's as well as GR's and LE"s like Edwin and a few of you guy's...... haha

Lol. I wonder what options will be available. I for sure will go all out on ids for sure. That's something you just can never go back and do again.

I wish i had some rotten tomatoes for yall thats sayin 2k5s > 2k4s

With my stash and drew's stash, we'd take both your balls Ed
roll.gif

nh tho

Originally Posted by Phanatik9

BONUS PIC
This is Fisher's locker. Rockin' strictly Kobes from now on I guess.

fisher_locker.jpg
damn. nice homes. i hate how he gets free BS aways and just plays on them. damn pros.
can't wait to get my hands on the VI's. 

Originally Posted by never wear them

His sneaker fame has increased in popularity with the 4s for sure.

But his shoes never flopped when it came to performance, that's for sure

You have a point there. While I have always respected Bryant for his basketball skills, I wasn't feeling his kicks enough to buy them...including his Adidas line. BUT THEN the IV's came out and they honestly blew me away with their build quality and their philosophy (low cut, stable, sleek, lightweight basketball shoes are the future). I was primarily a Lebron shoe fan, but then I got tired of the bulkiness, and I hate Air Max. The Kobe IV and V have permanently changed my way of thinking about hoop shoes. Seems like the VI's are going to continue the tradition.

There is no set back with Eric.
he switched Lunar to Zoom. As comfortable lunar is... He knew what was up.

Can't see him doing something stupid.

(crosses fingers - no double stack please!)

Edwin what's wrong with double stack? I don't think I've ever had a pair of ball shoes like that.

Edwin what's wrong with double stack? I don't think I've ever had a pair of ball shoes like that.

They're just too "supportive" and not as responsive IMO.

I think ENOUGH zoom can lag the responsiveness than a single bag can give...

And how the 2K4 and ZK5 zoom set up is just perfect.

My opinion tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom