OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Executive76

As far as basketball is concerned Kobe is in the same sentence as MJ but when it comes to shoes/marketability it's no contest.

Take away limited colorways/releases Kobe's shoes wouldn't be doing as well.

a lot of Kobe fans/stans are hypebeast too btw

Well nobody comes close to MJ when it comes to shoes/marketability so that goes out the window when comparing anyone. Nobody has 20+ successful models of shoes let alone retros so that was a pretty bad comparison.

Kobe V and IV GR's sold pretty well for that matter.

And as far as Hypebeasts, that can be said about most people who buy Jordans, Lebrons, Pennys, Kobes.

As far as basketball is concerned Kobe is in the same sentence as MJ but when it comes to shoes/marketability it's no contest.

Take away limited colorways/releases Kobe's shoes wouldn't be doing as well.

a lot of Kobe fans/stans are hypebeast too btw

Well nobody comes close to MJ when it comes to shoes/marketability so that goes out the window when comparing anyone. Nobody has 20+ successful models of shoes let alone retros so that was a pretty bad comparison.

And as far as Hypebeasts, that can be said about most people who buy Jordans, Lebrons, Pennys, Kobes.

Jordan got the US and Kobe got Asia, last time I checked they had over 1 billion people. As far as hypebeasts they are everywhere.

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

Originally Posted by never wear them

Exactly... Like you just stated.... NIketalk is not the real world.... In NikeTalk World... MJ is God....
In the real World... Kobe is debated of having a better legacy than MJ, and he's still playing.

At His Hall Of Fame.... Can you actually think he's not gonna have as good or even a better legacy than Mike?
Who cares about shoes at that point.
Nike talk only holds under 70k users, and only 10k of them actually post something. The World holds billions of "users". Kobe shattered Jordan's and Favres pro sports jersey sales....
He even outsold Yao in his own Country
laugh.gif

NY... Biggest city in the U.S. Has Kobe, numbered 1 in jersey sales. Who cares about his shoes. Ppl want to rep the actual Rapist...

So his shoes have been doing well... I do not see that declining.
'specially when LA is the 2nd biggest city and they support Kobe.

So all I can advise Nike to do is to send over the pairs that North and South Dakota can't move, here to Cali. We'll eat em up.

BULL!

Then after reading this whole post, I am convinced that there is something seriously wrong with you, and the people who think like you.

BTW, MJ's scoring averages and shooting percentage didn't go down in the playoffs, like that of your idol, and he never lost a championship series.

Losing a championship series is not necessarily a bad thing, it could also mean he took a subpar team to the Finals, who should not have made it that far to begin with.

i like this Christmas cw. i think the small red accents serves the whole shoe well and sets it off. i can see myself slipping some black laces in..

It's a fact that limited releases help push GR... what signature model did Nike start releasing multiple pairs of Kobe limited shoes?

Jordan got the US and Kobe got Asia, last time I checked they had over 1 billion people.

So I guess JB's One Billion dollar earnings in 09 came from just US sales...and all 1 billion people in Asia buy Kobe shoes/gear.

Originally Posted by al3x89

... Common sense.
something he doesn't have.

hey nat, any shoe ending up in outlets is a given, but if this thread blows up to at least 500 pages... you gotta delete your account and NOT come back. how's that for a bet?

that will never happen. he has nothing else to do.... the only guy on niketalk more hated than me
laugh.gif

eek.gif
The Kobe VI Christmas edition is nice. Very unique cw. I wonder what the concept is behind this cw. The Grinch? The Green Mamba?

I don't know how it's " BULL "

http://www.nba.com/2010/n...y.sales/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Bryant again reigns as NBA's most popular jersey
By Official Release
Posted Jan 20 2010 12:22PM
NEW YORK -- The Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant has retained the top spot on the NBA's Most Popular Jerseys list, the ranking he has held since the start of the 2008-09 season. The rankings are based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com since the start of the 2009-10 NBA season.

I hope all these people hatin on the Christmas VI stay hatin when the shoe drops. That way I can get my pair.

Nike Zoom Kobe 6 @ XMas not inspired by Green Hornet and Grinch!
(if wrong, pls correct)

76600_10150095561920236_633780235_7672784_422701_n.jpg

^ Hope your not fishing for a stupid nickname by posting irrelevant pics.......

If they are indeed the Christmas release what does the Joker, Green Hornet or green boa have to do with the shoe?

Grinch is kinda ok tho
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by hakbottom

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

You either need to stop posting... Or just quote yourself from your previous comments....

Didn't Kobe "fornicate" A helpless Caucasian a year before that?....
He wasnt even being given fair contracts... You said it yourself... He was not marketable....

Who would wanna buy anything Kobe related in white America? A black man/superstar raping a white female?....

Hell... I wouldn't.... If I cared....

Put ppl still loooooove Big Ben Roethlisberger

C'mon Nat... Just admit it...

You just love to argue...
 Kobe Bryant wasn't marketable before all of that.

I personally thought, due to his own stupidity, that he wasn't handled properly. Much like Barry Bonds, his issue wasn't a Black/White thing.
He was simply a butthole.

His shoes were still ugly though, even the ones for Adidas.

I will admit to the last joints being hot....cheaply made, but hot.

From what I understand, he finally listened to the designers.

It's about time that he listened to someone who knows more than he does.

But the Slimes are horrible, and I wonder whose idea that was....
laugh.gif

Kobe wasn't marketable before Colorado?? Realllyyy?! Do you know how many endorsements he had b4 that? He was the most marketable basketball player at the time.
76-head_up_ass.jpg

Jordan didn't retire until 2003, and at that time he was still the top endorser in all of sports. Kobe was accused in 2003.

This is what cracks me up about these Kobe fans. The truth is just a click away, yet they continue to talk out of their butts.

Nat did you use a camera on a timer for that or have someone take it while you posed bro? i kid, i kid, lol.  This thread has really gotten sour thanks to these Sour Apple VI's, lololol.

Originally Posted by marley

I hope all these people hatin on the Christmas VI stay hatin when the shoe drops. That way I can get my pair.
That's what I said but you know there's no way they won't be running after them.

Originally Posted by marley

Nat did you use a camera on a timer for that or have someone take it while you posed bro? i kid, i kid, lol.  This thread has really gotten sour thanks to these Sour Apple VI's, lololol.

That was funny! But what's even funnier is how you guys are still trying to find a suitable nickname, for that slimey looking shoe!

Sour Apple

laugh.gif

Anytime you have to explain the reason why a shoe looks like it does, it has already failed at doing what it is supposed to do!

It's a fact that limited releases help push GR... what signature model did Nike start releasing multiple pairs of Kobe limited shoes?

Jordan got the US and Kobe got Asia, last time I checked they had over 1 billion people.

So I guess JB's One Billion dollar earnings in 09 came from just US sales...and all 1 billion people in Asia buy Kobe shoes/gear.

Limited shoes only help GR sales if people find them appealing. There's plenty of limited Nike retros that release that sit at HOH. So if people find the shoe appealing, of course limited releases are going to help push a shoe, why wouldnt they? You say that like it's a horrible thing or something.

Kobe is like a GOD in Asia. He's not going to sell more than Jordan Brand/Nike Jordan, which has been around since 1985, but nobody else is touching his star status there. Which is the reason they see models and buy models, that we don't get over here in the United States. There's no current NBA player more marketable than Kobe in Asia.

Anyways, I see no point even mentioning Jordan Brand anymore. Horrible materials and quality they pass off as authentic, they use their past reputation and success to rip people off into paying $175 dollars for A-Grade variants we saw 8 years ago.

Jordan Brand today can be compared to owning a Jaguar when it was a british luxury car, and then owning a Jaguar when Ford bought them. Looks the same, but the quality is terrible.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Limited shoes only help GR sales if people find them appealing. There's plenty of limited Nike retros that release that sit at HOH. So if people find the shoe appealing, of course limited releases are going to help push a shoe, why wouldnt they? You say that like it's a horrible thing or something.

Kobe is like a GOD in Asia. He's not going to sell more than Jordan Brand/Nike Jordan, which has been around since 1985, but nobody else is touching his star status there. Which is the reason they see models and buy models, that we don't get over here in the United States. There's no current NBA player more marketable than Kobe in Asia.

Anyways, I see no point even mentioning Jordan Brand anymore. Horrible materials and quality they pass off as authentic, they use their past reputation and success to rip people off into paying $175 dollars for A-Grade variants we saw 8 years ago.

Jordan Brand today can be compared to owning a Jaguar when it was a british luxury car, and then owning a Jaguar when Ford bought them. Looks the same, but the quality is terrible.

Uhhh, Jordan Brand is Nike. So when you say this, you are actually saying that the quality of Nike shoes is terrible, which is one hundred percent true.
If Nike would use leather and charge 130 dollars for a pair of shoes, this would not be a problem,

24vmo7l.jpg

But since they do charge 130 bucks for this crap, then you cannot suggest that only Jordan Brand has issues.

Only reason to make him stop posting, is to not quote or reply to his comments, once you get a troll going, they go.....

Are you guys all ******ed? Stop responding to his posts or just click the ignore button.  You're only feeding his fire...

Let's please get back to the shoes.....

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Only reason to make him stop posting, is to not quote or reply to his comments, once you get a troll going, they go.....
Yes, can we? Stop replying to him.

If in fact these are the Grinches and he wears them on Christmas, that sets up nicely. I like the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom