OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by s dubl

LeBrons....
30t6p3b.gif
c'mon E. Theres plenty of Vs you can quadruple up on still out there.

comeon now they aint that bad
laugh.gif
anything described as a basketball air max 2009 isworth the money

noble im sure they are messing with E...that freaking hypebeast.
indifferent.gif
lol jk

Haha. I am and I don't give a what what in the butt!!! Haha. They're the dopest lebrons since like 1997 or somethin'. Haha I need some spice in my life Drew

Originally Posted by al3x89

then i'm gonna say it's the clear sole on my ID's... it's good, but my HD's are better.
I experienced the same thing. My V ID's with a clear sole had worse traction than my GR Away's.

The VI has slightly worse traction than the V IMO so far. I'm going to put the VI through the paces tomorrow again so we'll see how they end up panning out. I just was disappointed because I was really hoping they would improve the traction from the V since I think that is the only thing that really needed improvement.

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

then i'm gonna say it's the clear sole on my ID's... it's good, but my HD's are better.
I experienced the same thing. My V ID's with a clear sole had worse traction than my GR Away's.

The VI has slightly worse traction than the V IMO so far. I'm going to put the VI through the paces tomorrow again so we'll see how they end up panning out. I just was disappointed because I was really hoping they would improve the traction from the V since I think that is the only thing that really needed improvement.

maybe the traction needs to be broken in?
ya i def. think it's the clear sole though. gonna return my ID's monday ... sigh 
ohwell.gif
 i didn't have a problem with my GR aways or breds. i'm playing on relatively clean courts at the YMCA.

maybe the traction needs to be broken in?
ya i def. think it's the clear sole though. gonna return my ID's monday ... sigh 
ohwell.gif
 i didn't have a problem with my GR aways or breds. i'm playing on relatively clean courts at the YMCA.
Thats what I'm hoping for at this point. I'm also going to use some B-Sharp on the sole tomorrow before I start to play and see how much of a difference that makes.

The courts I play on are clean as well and I played in the V and VI back to back and noticed the difference.

If you guys want incredible traction try on a pair of Pippen 4 if you can get a hold of a pair. It sticks to any surface like glue!

I bought a pair of Bred Lebron 8(way below retail) as well, I'm not ashamed of it. But I can't see myself buying/wearing the South Beach pair.

Back on topic, The first colorway is reminiscent of the big stages away V. Since I lucked out on them these would have to do until I find a pair.

We're a just about a month away and we've only seen two colorways. Last year it was widely known by now that the Chaos were dropping on 12/26 and that IDs would be available to order too. Just my guess.

Originally Posted by KG21

We're a just about a month away and we've only seen two colorways. Last year it was widely known by now that the Chaos were dropping on 12/26 and that IDs would be available to order too. Just my guess.

no. we got ID's 2nd week of December when Nike introduced the 5's. a few more weeks and we'll know the details 

So after today I can say with absolute certainty that the VI traction is sub par to the V. It was a night and day difference playing a full game in the VI (we lost), then immediately switching to the V (we won the next 7).

The only good thing about the VI traction was it made the V traction feel that much better and responsive. I am highly disappointed and will be picking up as many V's as I can to play in since I wont be playing in the VI's. Maybe, just MAYBE Nike will do something different to the GR before they hit the market to address this major issue.

Side Note: I also used B-Sharp on the VI sole before playing and it made a slight difference but overall traction was still very poor compared to my dirty V's.

you would think the test pairs would have told the designers that the traction is subpar....

Originally Posted by jmizzo

you would think the test pairs would have told the designers that the traction is subpar....

Nike don't care.

Shoe will sell anyway, and Kobe gets PEs with a tweaked outsole.

^^^ I am just hoping Tony got a pair before they fixed the traction problem...probably a shot in the dark though...

Originally Posted by swingshot

Nike don't care.

Shoe will sell anyway, and Kobe gets PEs with a tweaked outsole.
Are you sure about that? Why wouldn't Nike and Kobe want his fans to have the same traction that he has? Why be so overly supportive a company that does things like this?

I don't get it.

I doubt Kobe's pair gets different treatment.

Some Niketalkers that have PE ZK4s/5s/2s don't see a difference. Everything is the same from the laces to the sockliner and insole.
Kobe has played in so many different shoes when he was contract free and all of those shoes were from his personal collection and some PE Js, meaning it doesn't matter what he wears.... He'll play the same IMO, he did score 12 3pointers in some Iversons....

Mugen's pair is fake.
grin.gif

So after today I can say with absolute certainty that the VI traction is sub par to the V. It was a night and day difference playing a full game in the VI (we lost), then immediately switching to the V (we won the next 7).

The only good thing about the VI traction was it made the V traction feel that much better and responsive. I am highly disappointed and will be picking up as many V's as I can to play in since I wont be playing in the VI's. Maybe, just MAYBE Nike will do something different to the GR before they hit the market to address this major issue.

Side Note: I also used B-Sharp on the VI sole before playing and it made a slight difference but overall traction was still very poor compared to my dirty V's.
That sucks to here, hit up Eric Avar's fake facebook and tell him to fix the traction before it's release 
laugh.gif

Do you still beat the other team in your VI's?

^^^ I am just hoping Tony got a pair before they fixed the traction problem...probably a shot in the dark though...
Im hoping for this too...

The overall feel of the shoe is amazing though. If they even made a hybrid ZKVI with a ZKV outsole, OMG - performance BEAST!

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

That sucks to here, hit up Eric Avar's fake facebook and tell him to fix the traction before it's release 
laugh.gif

Do you still beat the other team in your VI's?

No, I only played that one game in the VI.

Abtract, NWT, Blackcat, and I played 4on4 vs some other guys at the gym though and we just ran them off the court. This was after 4 games of 2on2 vs eachother and the other team was fresh.

We had never played together before but did really well meshing our games on the fly to rep NT well.
roll.gif

Have you broken in your VIs? All six pairs of my Vs had to be played in for about 2 weeks before the traction was good.

Either way, you can just tell by looking at the outsole of the VIs that the traction could be subpar. At least the outsole of the Vs resemble a herringbone, the VIs are just circles.

The traction doesn't even look great from the pictures. I hope it's not a big issue when the shoe releases because I'm ready for these.

Also, like mentioned, i'm pretty sure Kobe gets the same pairs as everyone else, thus the PE's being the same.

You gotta remember he wears a brand new pair every game. NBA courts are beyond clean and I'm sure he wouldn't even notice a traction problem if there was one.

They have those mats they also wipe their shoes on before they step on the court as well.

Unfortunately, none of us here are NBA players or play on courts like the NBA. So I hope the traction isn't that much of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom