OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, Mugen! 
Looking forward to see other cw of KB6. Will definitely cop a pair. Black/ del sol looks plain.

Mugens pics were great. I don't see how I wouldve done any better.

But man I can't wait. I see everyone having fun in the Lebron thread. This shoe should just release when the season starts! Why the f till December???

That's what I can't figure out, it's not like they have a bunch more colorways of the V that they have to try to sell. I'm pretty sure the eastbay rep said the inks were the last pair of Vs they were going to have so why not start on the VI now? I'm sure people would still buy the inks even if the VIs were releasing this week because some ppl have been drolling over the inks or waiting for the inks to be one of their few pairs of Vs. Plus if more people realize how great a shoe the V was and then a week later the VI is in stores ppl would want to get a pair of VIs just to see how they tried to improve on the V. Just my thoughts but obviously it isn't nike's

awesome review mugen. great pics too!
my one question: does the mesh type upper seem durable? not the scale. but the upper itself.
or are they like the hyperfuse? thanks!

Mugen, does the VIs really feel dentical to the V's?coz im hoping for it to be more breathable.and much more responsive

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

OK so here are a few more pics compared to the IV's and V's. Was trying to show the different cuts of the shoes so side-by-sides worked out best.

IV vs VI

V vs VI

These shoes appear to have nearly the same lines.

The toe box of the VI is flatter and wider than the V

Overhead

Traction pattern

The VI has less padding in the heel than the V

Also, the VI only has 6 lace holes where as the V has 7. This leaves wider gaps inbetween laces and exposes the tongue more. The tongues are INDENTICAL between the two shoes.

Hard to tell in the pics but the swoosh actually has a gold glitter in it as well. You can see if you look closely on the black

If anyone has a specific pic request, angle shot or anything else let me know. I obviously havent had a chance to play in them, they just came in but the do feel more a part of your foot. Even more so than the V's do.

Great pictures and comparisons. 
pimp.gif

^^^^next time, don't quote all the darn pictures.....we know which ones you're talking about.

Props for the comparison pictures! 
pimp.gif
 Thanks and can't wait to cop those and play in them (though I might wait for the performance review)!! 

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

awesome review mugen. great pics too!
my one question: does the mesh type upper seem durable? not the scale. but the upper itself.
or are they like the hyperfuse? thanks!
It feels very durable. It is not like a mesh "cloth" type material like the hyperfuse at all. The upper has the same charateristics as the V. Looks to flex and bend the same as well.

Originally Posted by chaose57

Mugen, does the VIs really feel dentical to the V's?coz im hoping for it to be more breathable.and much more responsive
They dont feel identical to the V's but they of course are very similar.

So far the major differences I can tell are:

1. Less vertical clearance in the toe box. It does appear to be wider but I think combined with the material on the upper your toes are definitely restricted. This adds to the overall "lockdown, one with the foot" feel that this shoe has. I can see the casual fan complaining about this though and probably going .5 size up.

2. Less padding around the ankle but there appears to be almost a memory foam type material around the heel. The shoe seems to feel better after the first day.

3. The heel counter feels very different from the V. The way it stretches to the middle of the shoe gives you a lockdown feel from the heel all the way to the back of your arch.

4. There is more cushion in the forefoot. These have a softer ride than the V and again; after wearing the VI's all day Saturday and then switching to the V's they felt "flat" in the forefoot.

This is all with just casual wear and some light running/sprints in the gym. I'm hoping to be able to get some time to ball Wed/Thurs this week so I can give a performance review. For the record I'm 5'11", 180lbs and play a 2/3.

Originally Posted by swooshallday

Originally Posted by Sole Investigator

Been a fan of the inline colorway for the IV's and V's, but it doesn't really look too flattering on the VI's.

inline VI's are the best ones imo.

Prolly the only sixes i'll buy.

And i like the fact that they look like some running shoes. lol.

Not sure if its been covered or not, does it run true to size like the V? Or do you recommend half size up due to the tightness in the toes?

Originally Posted by chaose57

thanks so much for the info Mugen
No worries at all - I just think anyone else would do the same.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Not sure if its been covered or not, does it run true to size like the V? Or do you recommend half size up due to the tightness in the toes?
Overall I would stay true to size but thats just me. I've been a size 10 from the 2K4 - ZKVI including hyperdunks. It's really going to depend on your own preference. I only go a half size up on a shoe I am going to wear casually. This shoe fits like a glove. OJ would be in jail right now...lol

On a more serious note. I've been in these shoes since they arrived late Fri evening. Been through at least 24hrs of casual wear, 6hrs+ of lifting sessions, and played some 1-on-1 really quick. They still look pretty DS with no signs of creasing.

This was taken about 5 min ago...

The shoes feel great. They are light with plenty of cushion up front which gives a softer ride. Responsiveness I would put on par with the V's. The traction though, was sub V performance. My gym floor is usually pretty clean so I cant imagine it being the court. Next time I'm going to bring my V's with me and do a back to back comparision but so far, after tonight I would say the V has better traction. I know this isnt what people wanted to hear but just speaking the truth.

Also, the guy I was playing against landed on my shoe and as I expected no scales fell off although the shiny coating came off of a few scales. Previously I thought the scales were made of a plastic material but now I can tell they are rubber with a hard shiny coating; which obviously will scuff off. Here are a couple pics.

Any other questions just fire them off...

Hahahaha you a fool man.

But thanks Mugen. Ima have to wait and see the traction for myself.

The 6s really need to start off already. This is BS

hmmm...been a fan of the kobe line since iv....

not sure how i feel about the vi's...i get the scales...i just dont know if i like the look...

The coating coming off sucks but you buy them to wear so anything is expected to happen. Thanks for being the guinea pig so we dont wear our favorites to ball in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom