OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why think a reseller doesnt have a job? could be extra money on the side... think about making $150 for literally doing nothing just sitting, sleeping, doing things youll be doing on a laptop for a couple of hours... how would you like that job? I get upset at times as well when shoes cannot be purchased with ease, but for the first time i actually camped out for the 3ds and it sure makes the shoe more valuable when you feel like you did something extra to get them... Just like every reseller says why didnt you get there and camp out with them if you really wanted them? I totally agree with that statement... Im no reseller at all, I actually only buy shoes I really love... Reselling=stubhub... tickets sold out? then you have to pay extra for not having season tix... Some games they make more some they dont... same goes for shoes...

Originally Posted by qpcdimplez8

Why think a reseller doesnt have a job? could be extra money on the side... think about making $150 for literally doing nothing just sitting, sleeping, doing things youll be doing on a laptop for a couple of hours... how would you like that job? I get upset at times as well when shoes cannot be purchased with ease, but for the first time i actually camped out for the 3ds and it sure makes the shoe more valuable when you feel like you did something extra to get them... Just like every reseller says why didnt you get there and camp out with them if you really wanted them? I totally agree with that statement... Im no reseller at all, I actually only buy shoes I really love... Reselling=stubhub... tickets sold out? then you have to pay extra for not having season tix... Some games they make more some they dont... same goes for shoes...
imo i was saying it wasnt worth it to me to make $150 for being in the freezing cold over some shoes i didnt plan on keeping or using. Im sure if most of us didnt  have responsibilities and commitments we would be out there camping as well but it is what it is. Cant knock their hustle.  

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by Holiday

Originally Posted by cubanref

Just went by FL on 34th and there are people already camping out SMH lol. Well looks like I'll just wait for march 1st to come

YOU ARE JOKING!
sick.gif
and i bet you the people camping right now are just resellers 
SMH 
30t6p3b.gif
Lets do the math- 30 pairs maybe with a potential resale value of 250-300 max = about 150 bucks per pair profit .  Divide that by the 15 + hours these folks may wait until they have their "re-sellable" pair in hand and that equates to about 10/hour.  Are you telling me that these re-sellers are unable/unwilling/or just flat out too stubborn to find work elsewhere for 10+ dollars an hour?

I get it if you have a "connect" or "in" and can cut that wait time down by 70-80 % if not more, can deal with no lines, elements or other riff raff and turn a similar profit, but in this scenario, the idea of re-selling seems like a major stretch.  On the other hand, maybe I am way in the dark on this and someone else can shed some light on how this would truly make sense for someone to justify.

Great break down... The way I see it buddy, is laziness and desperation! Almost like, an easy way out for cash flow!!!! I swear like 90% of my dealings were with younger kids/guys on here, and big time nickel and dimers... I just live in a different world so when people are so strapped for cash they shouldn't be buying sneaker and frivolous items... This is just an observation from the many ad's I read where people need to pay rent, books for school, this or that, and it makes the dealing such a hassle and resellers hungry, they literally drive the market to where it is and then run it. Nike certainly doesn't help with the limited releases and bs they put us through to try and acquire these sneakers!I'm not bitter, again, just indifferent. I grew up in an era of no reselling and walking into a store a week after or longer release of let's say the XI Concords, with them still being available! It just takes away the frills of actually being a sneaker guy and especially wanting to wear them, when spending absurd amounts of money for them. Financially I'm sound thank goodness, but smart with money, and I do not want to cave in to this madness anymore, just isn't worth the hassle especially with real obligatory responsibilities and life! Just isn't worth it anymore, okay, rant off!!!Bryan hope all is well buddy, happy new year, be well.

I don't think I would ever pay more than like 20 bucks over retail for a new shoe. ESPECIALLY a jordan retro. The person I hooked up earlier with Grinches, I paid $155 after taxes and shipping for them, sold them for $175. Most dudes are asking for $200+. I just hate how people like Steve Tran bring his sorry family to buy shoes like that and take away from people that REALLY want them...It's just annoying and really brings down this whole hobby (or obsession for some of us lol). I think the only time I've ever paid over retail was for a DMP XI/VI pack and OG Bred XI's (by $20), If I want the shoe that bad and people are asking for ridiculous prices I just say to hell with it and won't cop. Trust me, there are tons of shoes I want but refuse to drop the money for them. I wouldn't mind the resellers if they kept to themselves but when they go on here and in the sneaker showcase forum posting pictures of 18 pairs of ____ (insert shoe here) that everyone else really WANTS, it annoys the hell out of me.

i'm way way late in the sneaker game but yeah, it really does suck to have to wake up late and/or stay up late for a release that you've been looking forward to. i hate that camping out and lining up, whether at a store or online, is the norm now.
i was set on coming early TOMORROW and waiting on line for a wristband to get the rice's, but it almost doesn't seem worth it if people are already camping out for them now and it's first 50. i almost wish that when i get there tomorrow that there will be too many people on the line so i can focus on getting me a pair of foams lol.

Can't wait for the Sunsets! Haven't bought shoes in awhile, but I just started again. Grinch, LBJ Xmas, east la, 3d are killing my pockets! But I do look nice on the courts! 4-2 go Dirty Laundry!

I NEED the OCs..i'm gonna b on the phone with eastbay like crazy tonight..one of my favorite colorways..

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

I don't think I would ever pay more than like 20 bucks over retail for a new shoe. ESPECIALLY a jordan retro. The person I hooked up earlier with Grinches, I paid $155 after taxes and shipping for them, sold them for $175. Most dudes are asking for $200+. I just hate how people like Steve Tran bring his sorry family to buy shoes like that and take away from people that REALLY want them...It's just annoying and really brings down this whole hobby (or obsession for some of us lol). I think the only time I've ever paid over retail was for a DMP XI/VI pack and OG Bred XI's (by $20), If I want the shoe that bad and people are asking for ridiculous prices I just say to hell with it and won't cop. Trust me, there are tons of shoes I want but refuse to drop the money for them. I wouldn't mind the resellers if they kept to themselves but when they go on here and in the sneaker showcase forum posting pictures of 18 pairs of ____ (insert shoe here) that everyone else really WANTS, it annoys the hell out of me.
This is what most people are going to end up doing eventually  
I said it before and i will say it again resellers will destroy the shoe market if nike don't put a stop to it 

All nike has to do is have restocks its that simple 

My only attempt is on the phone tonite. Other than that.... I'm screwed.

And I bet you a lot of these stupid, dumb resellers, are gonna return the 3DS.....

Dumb stupid idiots. I swear to god...... Smh.

Sunsets, Rice, chinas, GB and I'm good. (that's like all of em haha)

i happen to have two quick links set to the eastbay countdown and the both of the have different times...one is off by like 50sec even if you reload the page....weird

Good luck everyone going for the Sunsets.
If I can get the Chinas, Rices and ASGs I'm good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by HorrorKid

Originally Posted by s dubl

V...You sound pretty confident lol most had a hard time getting any with the 3Ds. I think NDC still has free shipping on orders over 100 if you're a registered member. Eastbay I'm not sure.

The passed two releases it wouldn't give me free shipping with my Swoosh/NDC account. Both orders well over $100.
You should have called/chatted with a rep.  On the Grinch restock I wasn't signed in and paid for shipping and they looked my account up and refunded me.
Still dno if I wanna try to cop these for myself or not tonight, I've been 3/3 with the releases on NDC but just not feeling these enough, although I do love the orange 

I didn't manage getting either shoe. I knew they didn't charge shipping if it's over $100 but each time it still wanted to charge the $8 for regular shipping.

Originally Posted by qpcdimplez8

"Resellers" very well may have jobs - I don't personally know any so pardon me if I offended anyone who considers themselves one.

This "making 150" argument may hold a little more weight if you were in a mall, say 70 degrees or comfortable in a chair/recliner and doing the activities you mentioned for the time discussed. Not the case with these upcoming releases as far as I am aware of.

I have camped out on numerous occasions for shoes I wanted - typically on weekend nights, when doing so didn't interfere with my JOB and or FAMILY obligations.  If those things are not important to someone or they don't have either, well then, I guess perhaps spending 15 hours in the cold may seem positively appealing.

Lastly, I have paid re-seller prices for shoes and I have re-sold shoes for very reasonable prices and some select few for considerably more.  Most folks on here I've dealt with have been very reasonable in my opinion in what they are asking for or looking to sell.  Ebay and Craigslist however are a different animal.  If I had to guess it would be those two places were resellers really work people over and take things to a different level( to the point that people get chapped ).

Feel free to disagree with me, and feel free to call me a hypocrite.  I've been called worse. 

I don't want to take away from the Zoom VI thread.. but i've got others disrespecting the building.  Local fans couldn't say too much cuz they just lost a game 7 a few weeks prior. 

I like the lakers GOLD HOME w/ Del Sols!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom