OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

lol.

i hope the dudes bashing the bron colorways

and also ragging on pink and teal shoes arent the same ones beasting over the DMV and video games.

I def dig the video games but im siding w just ID pairs for now, word to the bron X.

so far KDV > BRON X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KB8

I like how there taking things from KD xmas as a young lad. Wish the Nerfs last year was his xmas shoe. These are pretty dope.

any of the NT STL fam know if HoH galleria will be doing a raffle for the Xmas shoes or FCFS? Praying for that FCFS 
grin.gif

Really looking foward to these Christmas KD V's loving the whole video game theme and will be using the fastest shipping possible from NDC so I can have them before the years out. :nthat:

Really want the kd vs. The Xmas colorway is growing on me. I hated the black LeBron 10 Flordians until I seen them in-store maybe I might feel the same with these. . Really want the hulks and if there is a weatherman or nerf colorway have to get them. I like the aways too. If the sit awhile I'll get them.

Those 12/31 ones have to be a new colorway we haven't seen. Most sites are saying Christmas but I don't see grey, violet, or bright crimson on the Christmas ones.

Perfomance Teaser from nightwing2303

When I say the break-in period is grueling… I mean it. The good thing is that you are rewarded for sticking with the KD V as they just keep getting better the more you play in them.

Performance-Teaser-Nike-KD-V-5-Pt.-2-1.jpg

If there were to be one shoe I’d compare these to – in terms of on-court performance – it would be the Hyperdunk 2011… these just happen to have a much better fit and much better traction. I’d still give the cushion to the HD 2011 but these aren’t bad at all… again, after a break-in period.

Performance-Teaser-Nike-KD-V-5-Pt.-2-2.jpg

If you can see the impression at the forefoot then you have just spotted the 10mm Zoom Air unit. I was disappointed in the overall shape because I was expecting something a little closer in feeling to the Melo M8 but if you can break down the foam midsole a bit then your foot will begin to feel and appreciate the Zoom unit. A regular sized 10mm Zoom unit still would have been best but I’ll take what I can get.

Performance-Teaser-Nike-KD-V-5-Pt.-2-3.jpg

From what I’ve been told, KD’s teammates enjoy playing in his shoes and wanted a bit more cushion… this is where the heel Air unit comes into play. For me personally, the heel area feels decent but only after a few nights worth of playing in them. Again, it’s better than having nothing there at all.

Performance-Teaser-Nike-KD-V-5-Pt.-2-4.jpg

I will stress that if you don’t give the KD’s enough on-court time, they will not impress you. So if you plan on picking these up, just make sure that you break them in thoroughly because the only thing these lack is ventilation… and it doesn’t affect their performance in a negative way whatsoever.

If there were to be one thing I’d change… it would be the foam. I think these would have been perfect if Cushlon was used in conjunction with the two Air units. This may have an increased price but I think it would be well worth the few extra bucks.

By the way… these are so awesome that they are suitable for every position on the floor.

Home KD's Drop 8th. DMV KD's drop 15th. Christmas KD's drop on the 26th. "Weathermans"/"Unseen Colorway" drops on Mon. 31st.

Back
Top Bottom