*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

11ABD437-6AB8-4F70-9270-446E868FFAB4.jpeg
06D2D88E-4F19-46BE-BE56-5BEF9E6A0137.jpeg
Need these

Any other reason for the LeBron's line demise outside of a few "missteps" in aesthetics?

Want to say the last sought after LeBron model was the XI before he went back to Cleveland. "Flagship" CWs of the following models all were well received, but again, basketball sneakers as a whole just isn't in right now.

I would say multiple factors. But I think a series of mistakes by Nike threw the line off course for the casual fans:
1. The XI had an awesome design and marketing campaign to kick it off (the run through Miami commercial was awesome) But the on court issues Bron had with the XI was covered extensively by the media for the first time in his partnership with Nike.
2. The XII had no marketing campaign, a decent but not loved design, and right off the bat the launch got pushed due to the plastic eyelet issue. Wasn’t a good start for it.
3. XIII was one of the worst LeBron shoes, not a real good looking design, not a great performer and some pretty bad colorways overall. A lot released directly to the outlets.
4. 14, better design but wasn’t launched until after Christmas, and best colorway was super limited and that turned a lot people off right from the beginning.

In my opinion Nike just isn’t giving the LeBron line the attention it deserves and it has lost a lot of the excitement and creativity it had and went away from the more classicly appealing designs it had going before the 12. Colorways have lacked inspiration and the new designs are way too similar to other models.

Graffitis in GS are already out here in Alabama. And YES they do have the writing on the zoom units. To be honest, they don’t look that great in person.
E8D00E8D-63FF-4863-87CB-57FB64735202.jpeg

hmm the cream white then the pure white midsole kinda glaring but... still im copping... if there is no hype i will wait for discount...

also call me weird.... but my favorite lebron sneaker is the shooting stars 13s. I love that shoe. The color, the bulking design. I dont play ball but that color way with blue jeans... very nice looking shoe...

Graffitis in GS are already out here in Alabama. And YES they do have the writing on the zoom units. To be honest, they don’t look that great in person.
E8D00E8D-63FF-4863-87CB-57FB64735202.jpeg

The white just seems off and the small graffiti print is weak, they knew from working with kith that they could embroider on the shoe so why not put some kinda graffti on the whole shoe, missed op right here

1. The XI had an awesome design and marketing campaign to kick it off (the run through Miami commercial was awesome) But the on court issues Bron had with the XI was covered extensively by the media for the first time in his partnership with Nike.
Was the Lunarlon/Zoom setup a negative? I don't play ball, but I didn't feel much difference between the X and XI as far responsiveness in cushioning. XIs weren't exactly great for wide footers either, but was comfortable for wear once I had shoe trees in them.

Was the Lunarlon/Zoom setup a negative? I don't play ball, but I didn't feel much difference between the X and XI as far responsiveness in cushioning. XIs weren't exactly great for wide footers either, but was comfortable for wear once I had shoe trees in them.

I think it had something to do with the front (toe section) of the XI, because the ones he did wear had a modified/raised toe area. It was super weird.

I would say multiple factors. But I think a series of mistakes by Nike threw the line off course for the casual fans:
2. The XII had no marketing campaign, a decent but not loved design, and right off the bat the launch got pushed due to the plastic eyelet issue. Wasn’t a good start for it.
3. XIII was one of the worst LeBron shoes, not a real good looking design, not a great performer and some pretty bad colorways overall. A lot released directly to the outlets.
4. 14, better design but wasn’t launched until after Christmas, and best colorway was super limited and that turned a lot people off right from the beginning.

In my opinion Nike just isn’t giving the LeBron line the attention it deserves and it has lost a lot of the excitement and creativity it had and went away from the more classicly appealing designs it had going before the 12. Colorways have lacked inspiration and the new designs are way too similar to other models.

a27a51dee7a62761c84f003be8437501.png

I love the 15. App specially after the 11-13. 14 was pretty good way to get back on the rails along with the Soldier 10 and 11.

All of the above plus:

5. The LBJ sneaker line popularity was trending alongside the 'sneaker game' or 'sneakerhead' fad. You had cats buying multiples of the same shoe just to stunt on social media. These same cats have moved to retro video gaming, 'Funko Pop' and 'Hot Toys' action figures. It was inevitable that things would taper off.

The soldiers are wack to me.

They're also wack cause this one guy who tries to play ball at my gym wears them and he always rubs his feet before and after the game and I don't want that mfer touching the ball that I'm going to touch.

Back
Top Bottom