OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Ok so I bought sulfurs, pythons in store and red camos online all from footlocker. At the time I wasn't a VIP member. So if I call will they add my total money spent and give me my reward card? I've spent well over $500 at footlocker but my VIP only has about $200 worth. Do I have to call or can I speak to one of their online chat reps?
Why would they add $$ spent when you weren't a member? Think about it....
Someone did say a couple pages back that they will add recent purchases even if you weren't a member at the time.

Don't know if its true or not tho..

Doesn't cost you anything, but they give you rewards for being a member. Doesn't seem like it would work, to me.

But if someone on the last page said they did it, why are you asking if it can be done? Best bet to be 100% would be to call or email customer service.

Try a footlocker. the lithuanian site should work as well. was there a problem with the payment?

Thanks, I'll do that. Yeah, tried twice on the Lithuanian site and no go, THEN my bank called thinking there was some unapproved charge attempts on the card. Annoying.

Wife, son, and I all wore Kobes for Father's Day lunch.

Also this morning I noticed this on pair of MCs on ebay that I think are fake. Heel's upper shape is off and the stitching looks terrible. But what really caught my eye is the box. Unless the guy is selling a fake pair in an authentic box, it seems that the replica manufacturers fixed the dead-giveaway KobeVIIISystem on the box top. I wonder if they removed the Chinese sticker above the box sticker.

You can even stack online because I used $45 worth of VIP rewards for the black/gold elites two weeks ago. I posted it when I made my purchase but here's the order summary from the confirmation email. 

Wife, son, and I all wore Kobes for Father's Day lunch.

Also this morning I noticed this on pair of MCs on ebay that I think are fake. Heel's upper shape is off and the stitching looks terrible. But what really caught my eye is the box. Unless the guy is selling a fake pair in an authentic box, it seems that the replica manufacturers fixed the dead-giveaway KobeVIIISystem on the box top. I wonder if they removed the Chinese sticker above the box sticker.
Nice pic up top.  

And yea, those shoes definitely look fishy.  Not to mention the "Eastbay box".

Thanks, I'll do that. Yeah, tried twice on the Lithuanian site and no go, THEN my bank called thinking there was some unapproved charge attempts on the card. Annoying.
Call them before making the purchase so it doesn't appear like CC fraud. That's what I did the few times I ordered from Europe.

vnds pythons for 95 $ shipped....hmmm should I do it? I'd have to color out that white spot tho

Last edited:
Best way to tell if the MC could be fake is the KB24 stitching in the mesh. Also, the lining around the tongue logo of the authentic pairs are more raised and define whereas the fakes is just raised. Lastly, no ghost logo in fakes.

Fakes (non-existent):

Authentic (pretty visible):

Last edited:
laugh.gif
Thats def not the best way. If you gotta use something pretty visible to judge, it cant be the best.
Okay, you got any better way to compare real vs fakes? Isn't the best way to point out discrepancies is to look for the obvious especially when buying online? What's the best way then, you want me to analyze if the dye of the fabric matches the approved vendors of Nike for them to be authentic. 
laugh.gif

Okay, you got any better way to compare real vs fakes? Isn't the best way to point out discrepancies is to look for the obvious especially when buying online? What's the best way then, you want me to analyze if the dye of the fabric matches the approved vendors of Nike for them to be authentic. 
laugh.gif

:lol:. I couldnt care less what the best way to compare is, but the fact you say the best method is by looking for a somewhat visible design in the stitching is funny and def could not be.

Last edited:
Best way to tell if the MC could be fake is the KB24 stitching in the mesh. Also, the lining around the tongue logo of the authentic pairs are more raised and define whereas the fakes is just raised. Lastly, no ghost logo in fakes.

Fakes (non-existent):

Authentic (pretty visible):

also, real pairs have a thin layer of clear sole at the very bottom. the fakes clearly have a full translucent green sole.

I think the easiest tells on fakes are:
  • Shozoku/snake logo on tongue are shiny instead of stitched-like feel. It doesn't apply to ASGs, MCs, and elites as they don't have a fabric sticker.
  • KOBEVIIISYSTEM on the box top.
  • Chinese sticker where FTL, FTA, etc normally put theirs.
  • Upper feels more like canvas than engineered mesh.
  • Shape of heel is more rounded instead of coming to a trapazoid shape at the top.

Ok so I bought sulfurs, pythons in store and red camos online all from footlocker. At the time I wasn't a VIP member. So if I call will they add my total money spent and give me my reward card? I've spent well over $500 at footlocker but my VIP only has about $200 worth. Do I have to call or can I speak to one of their online chat reps?

Someone did say a couple pages back that they will add recent purchases even if you weren't a member at the time.
Don't know if its true or not tho..

You must be a VIP member first. Sorry for the confusion.

BTW I never said that they would apply recent purchases even if you weren't a member at the time of puchase.

You can also call FTL customer service and have recent purchases applied to your VIP balance, as long as you have the receipt. Takes a few days to appear.

Last edited:
I think the easiest tells on fakes are:
  • Shozoku/snake logo on tongue are shiny instead of stitched-like feel. It doesn't apply to ASGs, MCs, and elites as they don't have a fabric sticker.
  • KOBEVIIISYSTEM on the box top.
  • Chinese sticker where FTL, FTA, etc normally put theirs.
  • Upper feels more like canvas than engineered mesh.
  • Shape of heel is more rounded instead of coming to a trapazoid shape at the top.

asian sticker where FTL, FTA sticker should be doesnt mean fake....

asian sticker where FTL, FTA sticker should be doesnt mean fake....
I only assumed it did since every time I see it, the shoe itself looks fake. Do authentic GCs have that sticker?

As for the KB24 on the upper, I don't see it, but that doesn't mean it's not there. Either way, it doesn't look anywhere near the EM of the authentic pairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom