OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Love these.

1znad05.jpg

idk about everybody else, i'm basing off aesthetics, **** the value of it. if they're ugly they're ugly, no limited tag or value will get me to buy/trade them.

Last edited:

Letting y'all's personal opinion cloud judgement. Cloaks for Xmas 8s would be a dumb trade for whoever is getting the cloaks. Xmas 7s(cheetahs) for Xmas 8s would be pretty even.
Anyways I'd rate grinches>cheetahs>Christmas lights = or > Chaos

You're right, personal opinion might be getting in the way bcuz the Cloak's are way nicer to me than those garbage Cheetah's. Find me a size 11 Cloak's for $200.

Christmas Light VIII > Chaos V > Cheetah VII > Grinch VI

Last edited:
Iono man. NT makes me hate the cloaks lol. I remember getting them and being like "oh these are nice in person" but y'all take it to a whole new level. Saying its one of the best Kobe's let alone the best zk7. I don't see it. YOTD, galaxy, xmas, WTK, hell I would even take sharks over them. Clean no doubt but definitely overrated on NT for some reason.

Agreed. You'd have to throw some cash in on top of that, which sounds crazy but the longer people wait to cop the Xmas 8's the more it will end up costing them. I may be wrong on this, but I think people are completely disregarding 7's now that these 8's have come out and feel so much better on feet.
Now I could see someone do a straight up trade of Cloaks for the Xmas 8's, that would be fair no?

thats partly true. I still want a few models of the VII. (wolf grey's, Ace's, and blue cheetahs) but like you said at this point I see my money going towards these 8s now even though I loved the VII's as well.
i have 4 pairs.
but already ordered Sulfurs. Xmas and ID of Kobe 8s. hopefully I'll keep myself contained next year with only 4 shoe purchases all year

As of right now, Cloaks for Xmas 8's seems like a fair trade. Keep waiting and it won't be. I expect these 8's to go up even more later. My 2 cents.

Pretty much Xmas VII's would be more valuable IF.......they didnt come out with the regular cheetah color and the blue leopard color. I feel like that devalued the Xmas kobe VII's

Cloaks would be a better trade but as others said for now....
I'm still a firm believer these will reach 300+ range and possibly soon.

Iono man. NT makes me hate the cloaks lol. I remember getting them and being like "oh these are nice in person" but y'all take it to a whole new level. Saying its one of the best Kobe's let alone the best zk7. I don't see it. YOTD, galaxy, xmas, WTK, hell I would even take sharks over them. Clean no doubt but definitely overrated on NT for some reason.

I understand where u are coming from. That's happened to me with some other shoes here on NT; but I'm not even a kobe guy. I only have one Kobe IV, no V's, one VI, and one VII. Guess which colorway is the VII? :D

I wasn't going to get the Cloak's. I originally passed on them until I was having a coffee in the mall and some dude strolled by with the Cloak's on his feet. I nearly spilled my coffee from the neck snap. Never did I see a shoe shine and change color like that shoe. After that, I was obsessed until I got a pair. :lol:

Last edited:
hell no i'm glad they are selling the socks separate and keeping the price $140. Did ya'll not read the post that the sock caused slipping with the insoles? If it's not working with conjunction with each other then it's another gimmick. For $16, i ain't getting it to complete the look. Your money though.

QFT. **** those gimmicky socks. Dont need a price hike just so people can complete a symbol.

QFMFT.

It's a nice shoe and all, but dudes were gassing it up something serious.

I understand where u are coming from. That's happened to me with some other shoes here on NT; but I'm not even a kobe guy. I only have one Kobe IV, no V's, one VI, and one VII. Guess which colorway is the VII? :D
I wasn't going to get the Cloak's. I originally passed on them until I was having a coffee in the mall and some dude strolled by with the Cloak's on his feet. I nearly spilled my coffee from the neck snap. Never did I see a shoe shine and change color like that shoe. After that, I was obsessed until I got a pair. :lol:
I feel you lol it's subtle but flashy.

QFMFT.

It's a nice shoe and all, but dudes were gassing it up something serious.
Agree

I'm not a fan of the Xmas VII's at all. Shoe doesn't have any character at all. Completely misses the Xmas theme......to me it just looks like a failed nike ID option. I agree, the leopard print back at the time made the shoe somewhat unique, but once the cheetahs came out and all the other animal shoes it was all way too gimicky by then.... ...Personally, I wouldn't pay retail for Xmas Kobe VII's......

Grinches obviously are a classic, no other xmas shoe, lebron or KD included, executed the Xmas theme as well as the Grinches did, and with the 8's, the shoe pops, it's dark, yet it still reminds you of Xmas with the lights theme, not to mention it's the greatest performance basketball ever (IMO.) 

Kobe Christmas Releases:

VI = 8 > V >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VII 

Last edited:
those camos look good.

Still need to buy my first pair of 8s, missed the christmas pair :smh:

I put the thin insoles from my air zoom generations in here cause I didn't like the feel of the textured lunar foam straight icon my foot. Fit feels better and I love the feeling of an actual insole in there, makes it feel a little more plush.

Sharks are the best VII's CW imo.
down played because it was a GR
bet if that limited tag was thrown on the sharks opinions would've been much better.

prolly going to be the same for the pythons if they're GR.. won't be as hyped even though general consensus now is most of us like them.

Last edited:
Still need chaos...
But some of y'all are living in a fantasy land lol. Letting y'all's personal opinion cloud judgement. Cloaks for Xmas 8s would be a dumb trade for whoever is getting the cloaks. Xmas 7s(cheetahs) for Xmas 8s would be pretty even. Cheetahs DS might be worth a lil bit more now. Cloaks sitting at 200-220 where I'm at. You can't find DS cheetahs that cheap.
Anyways I'd rate grinches>cheetahs>Christmas lights = or > Chaos
Agreed. Cloaks for Kobe 8 Xmas = Robbery. I am still looking for a pair of grinches, but I would rate Xmas Kobe shoes as Grinch, Kobe 8, Chaos V, and Cheetahs last (shoe looked disgusting and felt horrible.

I actually went ahead and purchased the asia version of the XMAS edition!!.....kinda like the full sheath/shozoku logo on the back instead of just the 2 lines!!!

Well you have to go by market value for trades. At least to make an offer, whether you accept a trade or not depends on which shoe you want more/ which shoes you don't mind giving up. I agree cloaks for Xmas VIIIs may seem lopsided, but as far as market value goes, Xmas 8s are going to be selling for a lot more than they are right now in a few months (if we don't get some random restock but wouldn't that take away from the whole Xmas theme if they have a restock in like late January?).

Well you have to go by market value for trades. At least to make an offer, whether you accept a trade or not depends on which shoe you want more/ which shoes you don't mind giving up. I agree cloaks for Xmas VIIIs may seem lopsided, but as far as market value goes, Xmas 8s are going to be selling for a lot more than they are right now in a few months (if we don't get some random restock but wouldn't that take away from the whole Xmas theme if they have a restock in like late January?).

christmas 8s>cloaks as fas as looks go... if I didnt sell my cloaks, and someone offered me that trade Id do it straight.

Cloaks do look better in person, but didnt really do it for me to be honest. I wouldnt go as far as saying WTFs are better tho... WTFs were probably the worst VII, up there for the worst Kobe period for me.

Oh wow I didn't notice the Kicks crew version of the Xmas is completely different! No translucent sole and the full shokozu is on the back!

Oh wow I didn't notice the Kicks crew version of the Xmas is completely different! No translucent sole and the full shokozu is on the back!
XDR outsole... IMO its ugly like that, I do wish we got the full shozoku.

I agree the Xmas needs the translucent sole. I'm sure they could make something like an xdr outsole with the translucent look just hsve it be thicker, but I guess that's just too much to ask for lol.

Back
Top Bottom