OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

This is a random question and only tangentially related to the thread, but does anyone here work for Finish Line (preferably corporate). Please message me, thanks.

Also, red camos came in today from NDC and :wow:

Had the Pythons been a part of a Veteran's Day pack or something, or hit with the limited stamp, they would have flown off shelves. It's all good though. Got mine and love them. And I agree, those multicolored Kobe's are heinous.
This, all of this.

I was whatever about em in pics, ended up at the mall on release day to check em out... Walked out with a pair. Def one of the better colorways.

My rebuttal to this shoe as I have gotten mine in tday is

The sole is so bright red it looks kinda sorta kinda sorta reddish pink

I did a lace swap with the python laces tho

Goes great, but overall, not too impressed with the sole

I dont mind the color of this heel cup, but black would set it off tho, with a darker sole
i felt the same way about the sole. i was thinking a black sole but then i thought maybe it will be too dark. or the colorblocking would be off.
I finally tried these on yesterday and was blown away by the comfort factor...

That being said I've still yet to make a purchase and have no intentions on doing so anytime soon...It's sad that Nike has yet to release a nice understated colorway for this shoe and unfortunately this has caused me to pass on picking up a pair...It's the first time since the V's that I haven't copped a Kobe sneaker but unless Nike decides to tone down the loud *** prints or makes some more solid color-up options available over on NikeID I'm still not taking the jump...
imo nike hasnt done an understated CW cuz the shoe is simple. so if they do go with a plain CW it might look boring. Im waiting for a white based model. i was going to ID a pair but waiting 6 weeks is just no bueno for me. and the id options on the upper are so limited.

and the teal pair up there look more like easter colors to me. not really feeling them tho. but I didnt like the original easters when i first saw them but now i gotta have em so maybe these will grow on me. but i kinda doubt it

1- Red camo, flawless, heel clip and all, and nothing compares.

2- All star Games, cause of the detail and pattern

3- Pythons, just a manly animal colorway lol

just for kicks

4-easters

5-Purple gradients

6-christmas

Speaking of pythons I'm feeling ya'll.  I'm debating using my FTL bday card on a pair if they still got 'em around town.  Or if I see some more discounted ones.  It's grown on me, still not sure why  ya'll hate on the white toe accent but to each his own haha.

As for my Top 5 ...

1. BHM*

2. ASG* (how this is on so few list boggles the mind, although i do kinda wanna put these in a display case with black light and not wear 'em lol)

3. Python

4. Christmas

5. Red Suede YOTS

*Copped

BHM (Love that orange)
Un-Sulfurs :tongue:
Pythons (wore them first time today)
iD (Gives me the freedom to create what I like, although the lack of option is a drawback)
X'Mas

Last edited:
Here you go guys...

Still part of a "Superhero" theme?

Maybe its supposed to be Superman as a blur?...

"Faster than a speeding bullet..." and all that.

i keeep missing out on XMAS for $100 over retail..it is getting ridiculous

deciding if id rather have volt over sulfur

easters will be had in place of red camo 

Not sure how I feel about the outlined swoosh, but I do like the reflective on the swoosh and 2/3 adi logo.

About those Kobe 8's in the Kobe 7 box that people are calling the Barca's or the Helicopters or the Play Dohs.

If these aren't fakes I would assume Kobe is a big enough soccer fan to have an opinion on soccer jerseys.
In 2010-2011 season FC Barcelona wore this jersey occasionally

Maybe Kobe liked it. Maybe the designer used it as an influence for the shoe. Who knows. Just a thought. :nthat:

Love this damn shoe. So comfortable. So light. Great performance. Love it.

My list
1. Asg
2. Bhm
3. Red camo
4. Easter
5. Supernatural
6. Pythons
7. Xmas
8. Tie dye pair
9. Sulfurs

Those tie dye pairs are dope damn nike I'm getting so many blue shoes this year

Ok...I'll play.*

1. Christmas
2. Sulphurs
3. Easters
4. Pythons
5. BHM

Honorable mention goes to the ASGs.

*This list will change when the Purple Gradients and the Grey/Purple/Yellows drop...

For some reason, perhaps the off white mid sole and heel clip, the ASG has been the least desirable colorway IMO even with the detail and uniqueness.

1.) BHM
2.) XMas
3.) YOTS Red
4.) Sulfur
5.) Python

For me it's

1. Red Camo
2. Volt
3. Blue Lights
4. Sulfur
5. XMax
6. ASG
7. BHM
8. Easters 
9. Python
99. Black Scales
100. Red Suede

Haha i was going to do that exact same thing with the exts

Last edited:
Received my pair for NDC and Nike getting me mad with this quality control lately smh..

Called my a footlocker 20 mins away and they have a 9.5 hopefully I can pick them up(will try the coupon) and will return this to the outlet.

Why do I have to go through all this..damb you Nike.

Bit the bullet and bought the xmas GC version for a little under $200 shipped. glad i came across them, it was their last pair. now the debate if i should make this my outdoor ball shoes or get a GR GC pair to beat up instead. would be a shame to beat up the xmas pair on the court...:rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom