OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Kobe 8 "Hippie Tye Dye" lol
roll.gif

I balled in the 5's and 6's (3 pairs!) but didn't attempt to in the 7's (only got the cloaks and they're too tight).  i was thinking of picking up a pair of 8's to ball in, the consensus I see is they fit TTS, and the comfort level is like the 6's and not the 7's right? Also I saw the EXTs and I was thinking of trying for those all black snakes but what do you guys think they will be like compared to the regular 8's? Similar to the regular 8's as far as comfort and performance?  Thanks

At this point I wonder how nervous Nike is about releasing an elite model of the Kobe 8's and them looking outside in on the playoff picture? Last year at this time had we seen pictures of the elite shoes already??? I wonder if nike is holding off on showing pictures on all models until the lakers fate has been sealed and if they don't make thee playoffs, do they have a contingency marketing plan for pushing a players shoe that is not in the playoffs. Even though Kobe did not wear the elite 7's much last year they were worn by members of the pacers...

- you would think with this being a better performing shoe than the 7 you would want to see kobe wear in on the floor several times,if they don't make the playoffs

They haven't unveiled the Lebron or KD Elite models yet. A lot of planning goes into it, so I doubt they'll shelve them for any reason. The only one that would affect their decision is if the Kobe 8 model was selling terribly.

In my nightmare tonight, these are gonna turn out to be the "court purple-pure platinum-blackened bl" pair listed for April. Of course I see no actual purple on them but Nike has let me down like this too many times :lol:

I balled in the 5's and 6's (3 pairs!) but didn't attempt to in the 7's (only got the cloaks and they're too tight).  i was thinking of picking up a pair of 8's to ball in, the consensus I see is they fit TTS, and the comfort level is like the 6's and not the 7's right? Also I saw the EXTs and I was thinking of trying for those all black snakes but what do you guys think they will be like compared to the regular 8's? Similar to the regular 8's as far as comfort and performance?  Thanks
8"s are very good comfort and performance wise on the court, I've played roughly 10 games in both the Lunarlon insole and the Nike+ insole. Thought both were very comfortable only question I have is how long with each of the insoles last before wearing down. I own the black YOTS and they are similar in comfort to the on court 8's. When you ask the performance I'll warn you that the black YOTS should not be used on the court they are strictly an off the court shoe but they are quite comfortable as well and come with removable insoles to switch out if you choose one is more comfortable than another.

Kobe 8 is the most comfortable Nike signature shoe i've worn but the that hippy looking tie-dye colorways is just too much for me

L-train, I have most of the colorways and they all have slight variations because of the quality control/ mass production along with changes in the structure of the EM and Lunarlon after several wearings. For me, the Sulfurs fit perfect but the Blue Lights are a little tight in the toebox but a little roomy in the heel for my liking, just to give your an example.

If you have doubts, the only way you would know is to go into a store and try them out with the socks you would use to ball in. Everyone's foot widths and shapes are different, it's really difficult to get determine whether a particular shoe or even the size of that particular shoe will be TTS.

Best of luck in deciding, but I like to use the old motto of buy first and ask questions later because you don't want to regret it later on when you had the opportunity to have them, at worst you can always return them. Hope this helps.

Translucent sole does make them a bit more bearable than that obnoxious yellow.. still an incredibly easy pass though.
nerd.gif

Can't wait for them to lift the coupon restrictions so I can cop the Pythons using a birthday coupon.

This original pic had me sold on these

This new pic may have just changed my mind, I would have to see official pics or in person to determine. It just seems like the color combo doesnt blend it well together. :smh:

agreed

Hi guys I'm new here. Just bought the Pythons and theyre CRAZY comfy! Any word on who will be stocking the black ext year of the snake this weekend? Thanks in advance.

like mentioned looks like EXT & Red Suede are HoH only releases...meanwhile every shoe store in all four malls around me is getting red camos...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom