OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Chronic, Oh thats my bad lol. Buuut you were going hard on saying those grinch 8s were legit. Anywayyy

How accurate is the Footlocker release locator? It says my mall is gettin the YOTS and it even says one of the dead malls over here is gettin em too.

Last edited:
the footlocker Launch locator was updated and it shows my local HOH in LA getting all 4 Kobes this weekend. I thought the black mambas and red suade EXTs were NDC only? oh well easier pick up I guess...im only going for Red camos and Volts anyway.

^^ IMO these shoes don't work well with non performance models. The yots shoes are garbage to me. Keep these for ball and be done with it

About the cracking issue:

All my Kobe's have had that happen after wearing them for over a month. I assumed it was just wear and tear. I promise you the shoe feels no different. If they came like that, I'd understand. But you are hooping in them right? It won't affect the performance at all, trust me.

Are y'all telling me the cracking in that area doesn't happen to any of y'all's Kobe's?

I wish Kobe would come out with more extreme NSW designs like Lebron does. Corks etc.
Give it time, now that they saw how well those sold and how they can build the hype I wouldn't be surprised come summer time they have a few surprises for us. Even Nike said to look for more this year from the NSW department so I'm sure there will be more.

I've had the red suedes and black YOTS's for about a month now and definitely do not regret getting them. Had I known they were coming stateside I would have waited but didn't pay too much over what they will be here. I just like the variety of these two pair. I'd encourage anyone on the fence to get them if you can for casual wear. All Kobe, all the time.

I
 i might have to double up on these 
smokin.gif

Anyone seen these before?

"The Black Mamba demands that the LA Lakers will make the playoffs this year, which has Kobe Bryant in “Gametime” mode these past could games. Here is a look at a brand new Nike Zoom Kobe Gametime model that features a White base with Squadron Green trim and Varsity Crimson accents throughout that can be found now at select Nike Basketball accounts in China" - sneakerbardetroit.com

News to me, they look like an older model

Last edited:
At this point I wonder how nervous Nike is about releasing an elite model of the Kobe 8's and them looking outside in on the playoff picture? Last year at this time had we seen pictures of the elite shoes already??? I wonder if nike is holding off on showing pictures on all models until the lakers fate has been sealed and if they don't make thee playoffs, do they have a contingency marketing plan for pushing a players shoe that is not in the playoffs. Even though Kobe did not wear the elite 7's much last year they were worn by members of the pacers...

- you would think with this being a better performing shoe than the 7 you would want to see kobe wear in on the floor several times,if they don't make the playoffs

Last edited:
At this point I wonder how nervous Nike is about releasing an elite model of the Kobe 8's and them looking outside in on the playoff picture? Last year at this time had we seen pictures of the elite shoes already??? I wonder if nike is holding off on showing pictures on all models until the lakers fate has been sealed and if they don't make thee playoffs, do they have a contingency marketing plan for pushing a players shoe that is not in the playoffs. Even though Kobe did not wear the elite 7's much last year they were worn by members of the pacers...

- you would think with this being a better performing shoe than the 7 you would want to see kobe wear in on the floor several times,if they don't make the playoffs
I personally don't think Nike is to nervous. Lakers are looking good and have a better chance making the playoffs than they did say 2 weeks ago. Plus the Kobe 8 is been pretty successful. I don't see the Lakers not making the playoffs completely ruining the chances of Nike being able to sell the Elite. I think the sales of the Elites will more be based on the tech and style of the shoe rather than whether they are being worn in the playoff's by Kobe. Though it would be smart to have him wear them near the end of the regular season just in case.

Cool write up on the evolution of the upper on Nike shoes. Kobe 8's featured as the future of the upper for Nike Basketball. Really like this pic of the Supernaturals they have with it, wish I could see them in person though.

http://nikeinc.com/news/inside-access-evolving-the-upper

Nice read

Im really digging the engineered mesh on the 8s, gonna really compliment the sexiness of that dark burgundy/red on the camos

Couldnt stop looking down at my pythons yesterday, oh and immediately saw the KB24 with no squinting or anything

If thats what theyre doin then Id say it was a smart move

Id wait to see if the boys were gonna make it as well b4 I put a shoe into mass production

Back
Top Bottom