OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

What's a good high top basketball shoe comparable to the kobe 8's? I'm not trolling by any means, I've played ball strictly on Kobe's for I guess a decade now haha and I stopped buying or collecting anything other than Kobe's but I sprained my ankle in December and its still been bothering me.. I don't want to ruin my iii's (my go to shoes when hurt) so I've stopped playing in them.

I've tried on hyperdunks but am not convinced since I hated the first ones for ball.. Too much slippage..

Any thoughts? Suggestions? How are the Melos( looks like good ball shoes but too "futurisitc looking imo)? Lebrons ( feel dirty inside for thinking of them haha) kd's( always felt the were cheaply made and not good for ball)?

Basically I need something light, comfortable, supportive and has great grip(love herringbone)

What's a good high top basketball shoe comparable to the kobe 8's? I'm not trolling by any means, I've played ball strictly on Kobe's for I guess a decade now haha and I stopped buying or collecting anything other than Kobe's but I sprained my ankle in December and its still been bothering me.. I don't want to ruin my iii's (my go to shoes when hurt) so I've stopped playing in them.

I've tried on hyperdunks but am not convinced since I hated the first ones for ball.. Too much slippage..

Any thoughts? Suggestions? How are the Melos( looks like good ball shoes but too "futurisitc looking imo)? Lebrons ( feel dirty inside for thinking of them haha) kd's( always felt the were cheaply made and not good for ball)?

Basically I need something light, comfortable, supportive and has great grip(love herringbone)
chuck taylors

roll.gif

Try any of the hyper series other than the dunks which you already tried.

Thanks for the informative response man... Ill keep that in mind haha
haha I couldnt help it, Im ready to go home and Im bored.

All jokes aside though, if you can find a pair ... Shox BB4 super comfortable and great support, never had a prob with em

haha I couldnt help it, Im ready to go home and Im bored.

All jokes aside though, if you can find a pair ... Shox BB4 super comfortable and great support, never had a prob with em

Loved my bb4's back in the day! Problem is that they're heavy and clunky compared to today's shoes.. Was just checking online for the weights of shoes... Almost everything else available is like 5oz heavier than the Kobe's... Guess I can just stick to taping my ankles for stability and surpressed movement haha

you can never judge a shoe based on a picture.  the way the ASG's look in real life you can't even take a picture of it correctly.  the little details like the 3d speckles on the outsole. it actually feels like a rock from outer space when you hold it.  It's just impossible to get the full experience through a 2d picture.
Because that's what you want a basketball shoe to feel like....

Checkout nightwings reviews because after the Kobe 8, his next best performing shoe that's been released this nba season are the melo m9. But as far as lunar hoopin shoes its probably the Jordan super fly's since hyperdunks aren't your cup of tea

Last edited:
Checkout nightwings reviews because after the Kobe 8, his next best performing shoe that's been released this nba season are the melo m9. But as far as lunar hoopin shoes its probably the Jordan super fly's since hyperdunks aren't your cup of tea

Thanks, was actually toying with getting the Melos, I'm gonna try them on later and see!

Thanks, was actually toying with getting the Melos, I'm gonna try them on later and see!

Anyone wanna share some lace swaps they've done with XMAS, BHM, Sulfurs, Pythons etc?

If you click on any of the pictures in the top right corner you can go to a view that will show every picture ever posted in this thread. There's lots of pics of lace swaps people have done in the eariler pages. Also, you can probably google image search quite a few (I haven't tried so I'm not positive).

pretty sure those teals will be outlet bound. if they are 100 at outlets in future ill prob grab them but even with bday coupon ill pass on the teals. dont need zoom or nike enabled...

pretty sure those teals will be outlet bound. if they are 100 at outlets in future ill prob grab them but even with bday coupon ill pass on the teals. dont need zoom or nike enabled...

Yeah, forget that Nike enabled garbage. Just a way for them to soak us even more. I'm passing.

Back
Top Bottom