OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The solid upper is extremely boring.

I fear that the designers won't get the shoe 100% right. I don't think they ever got the Kobe VII 100% right except for the Invisibility Cloaks. There wasn't another colorway that I looked at and said, "they executed this the way it was supposed to be."

I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. It seems like the Kobe 8 will bring me back on purchasing kobes :smokin

drooling over these.... cant wait to try on a pair... they look soo damn comfy... back to the VI's !!!!

The more I look at the 8s, the more I feel they should have been the 7s kinda like a 6.5 & that's a great thing, I think alot of us who love the 5/6s will be happy on the performance side, far as colorways some will be happy, some wont.

Release the Venomenon 3 if that's what we have to look forward to. i like the midsole/outsole on them better.

The Venomenons looked better with the swoosh down near the toe.

Like these

nike-zoom-kobe-venomenon-iii-2.jpg

Although I wasn't too fond of the VIII's having the swoosh down near the toe. I'm liking that plain upper pair a lot better, but that color blocking still doesn't cut it. It's getting better and better though. The shoe itself looks great, we just need the right colors.

BTW, Dream Season I > all other takedown Kobe's.

Last edited:
Well of course, but I wasn't comparing them to the Kobe VIII's at all. I just said that I prefer that shoe in the picture over the final version of the Venomenon.

Are those Dream Seasons up there? They look good with the swoosh placement just take out the zig zag line on there. I'll take a pair of those in that colorway. The white doesn't get dirty from sweat and dirt because of the material. Don't own a pair with white base since the V because the VI and VII were prone to get dirty easily as will the VIIIs. I want to see an all black upper with white outsole, i think they'll look good there.

From what I understand they WERE the Venomenon III's, but the final version ended up looking like the pairs Kobe wore the other night. Different swoosh placement etc.

i may be wrong but those green/volt joints look like some id's.

look a lil too generic to be an official release...

I hope that finally puts all comments to rest regarding patterns on all colourways

JRodski, Nike has released a lot of plain colourways before.. Doubtful they're ids

I hope that they release a Black / Volt colorway for the VIII's. Disappointed that Nike didn't drop them for the VII's.

I hope that they release a Black / Volt colorway for the VIII's. Disappointed that Nike didn't drop them for the VII's.
Yeah I remember there was a sample black/volt colorway for the VIIs that just never came out but people liked. Pretty sure you can ID that sample or at least something close to it. Even if an "official" volt colorway doesn't drop like the Grinches, I'd be shocked if you can't ID one.

They look like Pippen IV lows (above). I STILL cant wrap my head around this product and realize this is the VIII

I like those green VIIIs. They could throw some color on that swoosh, but they are looking decent.

the shape looks great again, looks like a V x VI hypbrid. also loving the use of volt soles twice already :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom