OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Glad people get the idea. But I do respect those that buy strictly for causal wear.
Not everyone can play basketball and has the time to so the NSW has a niche.

After seeing the real pics of the blacks, I think ill just be getting the red camo pair of the yots pack...

And I agree... Even tho I only rock causally, I still want the tech for the price I'm paying. I bet these will be AT LEAST 175 retail....

I'm with you kobeoverbron!

I buy basketball shoes that performs well on the court and I can also use for working out, at the same time be good looking enough to wear casually. If those NSW pairs with supposedly premium materials are for non-performance use, then I don't see the point in spending extra.

Agree 100%. I dont wear my pairs for ball right away but they eventually become balling sneakers. No need for non performance sneakers.

New Pickups.

I don't totally mind the non-performance aspect of the NSW pairs so much as long as we're getting quality materials. At least for me personally, I plan on getting enough pairs of the VIIIs where I won't exactly be short of having enough pairs to ball in, and I don't usually ball in certain pairs that are my favorite colorways anyway. I can dig a good quality snakeskin leather or suede upper vs the EM on one of my pairs.

Last edited:
^^^problem is what is Nike going to get us for on the nsw pairs?

I know you guys have seen the price hike on the cement 3s basically just for the Nike Air logo... What is Nike going to charge for something that actually will cost them more to make....

^^^ the tech they took out is part of those "quality materials" you speak of.

I wouldn't mind a down grade shoe (mind you I still wouldn't buy them because all my ball shoes get balled in) if they also downgraded the price.

The only thing IMO that would deserve a price hike is if they kept the tech and used, I don't know, gator, snake, fox fur, something worth it!

Last edited:

I know you guys have seen the price hike on the cement 3s basically just for the Nike Air logo... What is Nike going to charge for something that actually will cost them more to make....

aren't the cork Lebron X's retailing for $300? That should give you some idea of the mark up. My guess would be 200-250.

$200-250.... They can keep em for that price. Anything over 170 ill gladly pass and pick up some gr regular releases....

I feel ya. Honestly at the end of the day, it's whatever the change in materials is worth to you. For a guy that's looking for pairs to ball in, and that's the main priority, obviously these aren't gonna do it for them. It's really targeting that specific demographic that buying multiple pairs or strictly for casual wear.

^^^ the tech they took out is part of those "quality materials" you speak of.

I wouldn't mind a down grade shoe (mind you I still wouldn't buy them because all my ball shoes get balled in) if they also downgraded the price.

The only thing IMO that would deserve a price hike is if they kept the tech and used, I don't know, gator, snake, fox fur, something worth it!

Serious question, what's the major difference with the NSW pairs aside from EM being replaced by leather/suede? I understand EM is a major part of the tech that they're trying to pitch, but isn't everything else (cushioning, etc) the same? I'm curious what the exact details are.

Thanks shogun89 for shinin the light. Those all blacks are giving off that dress shoe type of vibe, by looking at the way they redid the heel. Still better than the "suades" though, imo.

I feel ya. Honestly at the end of the day, it's whatever the change in materials is worth to you. For a guy that's looking for pairs to ball in, and that's the main priority, obviously these aren't gonna do it for them. It's really targeting that specific demographic that buying multiple pairs or strictly for casual wear.
Serious question, what's the major difference with the NSW pairs aside from EM being replaced by leather/suede? I understand EM is a major part of the tech that they're trying to pitch, but isn't everything else (cushioning, etc) the same? I'm curious what the exact details are.

Well judging by the lebron corks, which look completely hallowed out, the padding on the inside is all gone along with the insole. Nike themselves said that the shoes are not made for basketball use on their site.

Not sure what they did to the Kobe's but I'm assuming they'd be made the same way. Lord help the KDs which already feel like thay did this too them lol

Wayne... I'm wondering about the cushion set up as well... As far as what we can see, besides the obvious material changes, the heel clip isn't plastic (or tpu as Nike calls it) so it probably doesn't have as much lateral support.

I imagine the cushioning is the same, just a drop in insole so you can interchange with the other set up. The heel clip is the only downgrade from what i can see.

Yeah the cushioning setup would probably be my major hang up about the NSW pairs. If that were drastically changed, I wouldn't consider any of the NSW pairs. But looking at the Corks for comparison, it seems like they're using the same airbag as the regular Xs, even if the ankle padding is mostly gone. So I'd be shocked if the Kobe NSWs didn't keep the same lunarlon setup.

Seems like the main differences with the NSW Kobes from what we can tell from pics are the upper material, heel counter/clip, and maybe padding? Hopefully some more details come out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom