OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

how would we know they weren't tried on,
especially if you buy in-store. employees always try them on.. sometimes they even let me try them on before rd if its limited
even online...many people get tried on kicks (of course we can only tell the obvious ones)

youre ruining my whole **** right now bro :x

Bout to drop 219 on the Purple Fades. Whew. I was saving up to get the Superhero Elites but they be sitting at FTL for awhile now. These fades don't seem to last long on the Bay in DS condition. Damn't Kobe!

you must be that desperate for a pair,,chk the B/S forum once in awhile,there was a pair not too long ago for retail price

youre ruining my whole **** right now bro
sick.gif
lol. my apologies
laugh.gif

you must be that desperate for a pair,,chk the B/S forum once in awhile,there was a pair not too long ago for retail price
Damn. I never check that forum. I have to diversify. Trust me I've been trying to find one below $200 in a size 9. This is the lowest I've seen in awhile so I just jumped on it before it was gone. Superhero elites and I should be done otherwise just doubling up on Sulfurs again.

Hey guys, first post here. There is a local guy selling a mint pair of Kobe 8 Pit Viper's for $80, but he says he's keeping the lunarlon insole to use in his other shoes. Is there a way to get another lunarlon insole and is this a good deal? Appreciate any insight.

Hey guys, first post here. There is a local guy selling a mint pair of Kobe 8 Pit Viper's for $80, but he says he's keeping the lunarlon insole to use in his other shoes. Is there a way to get another lunarlon insole and is this a good deal? Appreciate any insight.

If I'm not mistaken I think you can buy the lunar insole directly from nike for 40 bucks. But I'm not totally 100 percent I think I may have read it in this thread awhile back

the lunarlon thirst is real

i might need some too...soon

Last edited:

If you are going to get it, the best thing to do would be looking for the jordans, which have insoles called   "fly through, fly over, or fly around (sorry if the names are wrong, but should be close to those)  but you may be able to find those shoes/insoles are at the nike outlets sometimes. 

IMO...if you are not that picky with the CW or pattern, then just go get a new pair with the lunarlon, this is a great shoe, you wont regret it.   You could always use the bday coupon at footlocker or look on ebay for some decent priced DS pairs it should be easy to find a fair price. 

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to the Kobes.  When I got the Xmas SS, I asked on this forum if I should try to trade up one size because the shoe felt tight in the toe box.  Some great people responded and said hold off and just wear them a bit.  It was great advice.  Now I think it may just have been the lacing or something because these shoes feel amazing.  Today is the first day I have worn them for a full day and they are as comfortable as a nice pair of slippers.  Really great shoe and wish I caught on to them earlier, but I was chasing too many retros Js.  Thanks to the people in the forum who answered the fitting questions.  I think the fit would not have been as good if I went a half size up.

I'm thinking about getting 8s as purely a ball shoe, is it true that the lunarlon dies fast? How long would it last if i balled pickup 3-4 times a week? Also if it bottoms out, can I just replace the insert or does the shoe just go to the garbage?
People are exaggerating how short the lunarlon lasts.  It took me 5 months of constant wear for my lunarlon to fully die out.  And by constant wear, I mean wearing them 5+ days a week.

Balling in bottomed out lunarlon is a bit different, because if you are one of those people who jump a lot you will find out that it hurts a bit more when you land.  However, if you are one of those people, I suggest you change your game to incorporate your perceived disadvantage.

You can replace the insole with another lunarlon one from a pair of Kobe 8's.  That's what I did.

I wear mine with the Jordan 2012 insoles and they feel amazing.Don't really care for the bumps in the Kobe bottom.

Last edited:
Just ordered the blitz blues from amazon, has there been any reports of counterfeit blitz blues? I'll send pictures when I get them.

Back
Top Bottom