OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'm thinking about getting 8s as purely a ball shoe, is it true that the lunarlon dies fast? How long would it last if i balled pickup 3-4 times a week? Also if it bottoms out, can I just replace the insert or does the shoe just go to the garbage?

Not sure how quickly they'll bottom out, it'll probably depend on your weight and how much force you're putting down into them. The inserts are replaceable, but I'm not sure where you can still get them.

I'm thinking about getting 8s as purely a ball shoe, is it true that the lunarlon dies fast? How long would it last if i balled pickup 3-4 times a week? Also if it bottoms out, can I just replace the insert or does the shoe just go to the garbage
After it "bottoms out" the foam is still goodfor basketball. Yeah you may feel some landings but thats only after 3 or so months for me. Im a 5'10 point guard with pretty good ups and the cushioning lasts decently for me. The fit and grip tho is superb. Probably in my top 3 performance shoe ive ever played in.

After it "bottoms out" the foam is still goodfor basketball. Yeah you may feel some landings but thats only after 3 or so months for me. Im a 5'10 point guard with pretty good ups and the cushioning lasts decently for me. The fit and grip tho is superb. Probably in my top 3 performance shoe ive ever played in.
You feel the landings after 3 months???? That's a ridiculously short half life... I'm 5'8 so they'll probably last me a bit longer but I guess that just means 4 or so months. 

If the lunarlon insole isn't available anymore, is it possible to purchase a zoom air insole and put that in these?

This... I'm scampering for another pair if sulfurs just cause they are that good. For reference I'm 6'6" with arthritic knees that have pretty extensive cartilage deterioration... Only been playing in mine for two month 4-5 times a week but haven't noticed a major difference or bottoming out, not yet at least ... Only thing that I really did noticed is my foot had to adjust to the the cushion setup after using zoom so long but someone had posted that this may actually promote you to rely more and build up more muscles in your feet as intended instead if relying on do much return off a cushion setup. Either way I really like it... Wore my xx8 se today and the whole time was wishing I had brought my 8s

hey guys just joined. got lots of helpful tips from this site, particularly this subforum since i really love the kobe 8s so thanks for that. i just picked up my second pair and wanted to let anyone who is looking for them know that ubiq life is still has the mine greys in stock in a few sizes. 

http://www.ubiqlife.com/kobe-8-system-mine-grey-90673.html

i'm live in CA and got free shipping and no tax! hope this helps. I already copped the YOTH but wanted something a little more muted to ball in as well. GL

Bout to drop 219 on the Purple Fades. Whew. I was saving up to get the Superhero Elites but they be sitting at FTL for awhile now. These fades don't seem to last long on the Bay in DS condition. Damn't Kobe!

Won a pair of WTK8s in a raffle for 25$.. never really cared for that cw..
Would it be a fair trade to flip them for WTK7s strait up? Or which side would need to add the cash?

Won a pair of WTK8s in a raffle for 25$.. never really cared for that cw..
Would it be a fair trade to flip them for WTK7s strait up? Or which side would need to add the cash?
you're the one who won the wereloadLA raffle thing? nice bro. lol guess their raffle is legit. grats

I'm thinking about getting 8s as purely a ball shoe, is it true that the lunarlon dies fast? How long would it last if i balled pickup 3-4 times a week? Also if it bottoms out, can I just replace the insert or does the shoe just go to the garbage?
like they said 3 months  but you can always by the 2012 J's and put the zoom max air or max for really extra comfort.

you're the one who won the wereloadLA raffle thing? nice bro. lol guess their raffle is legit. grats

Yeah bruh thats me.. raffle is legit as it gets.. I peeped it via the ustream link then rolled up a few min after.. lol

I would def hop in the next raffle if ur local.. dude gave me the heads up on the kicks.. all I can say is "wow"

What would Dez do?

i'd flip those WTK take that cash and go get a pair of preludes, but I missed out on the prelude 5s and 6s so I am real thirsty for them

Last edited:
wait a minute..did you win the wtk for $25 or did you meant to say you won the $25/ticket raffle which you also had to pay for the shoes?

Last edited:

You feel the landings after 3 months???? That's a ridiculously short half life... I'm 5'8 so they'll probably last me a bit longer but I guess that just means 4 or so months. 

If the lunarlon insole isn't available anymore, is it possible to purchase a zoom air insole and put that in these?
you feel the landings but not as bad you migh think. if your vert isnt that high I wouldn't worry cuz you probably won't notice. mine off of the run is around 40 to 42 inches so sometimes depending how i land i feel the landings but only slightly. they are great shoes for jumping tho

Wearing other peoples shoes, if they've been worn/tried on, makes my stomach uneasy. Can't do it. Feet are gross mang.
how would we know they weren't tried on,

especially if you buy in-store. employees always try them on.. sometimes they even let me try them on before rd if its limited

even online...many people get tried on kicks (of course we can only tell the obvious ones)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom