OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

i want more pics of the SS

disappointed by the gold logo on the back but will cop if not limited

Looks like NikeiD is gonna be launching the "NikeiD Player Edition Program".  In a nutshell it's a program where Nike athletes will build NikeiD colorways that have an influence on something in their lives and also will have a family member influence.  Kobe is listed as one of the players that will participate this year.

Press Relase: http://nikeinc.com/news/inside-access-launching-nikeid-s-player-edition-program#/inline/25838

Website: http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nikeid/player-edition

Players Participating: Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Paul George, James Harden, Jarrett Jack, LeBron James, Ty Lawson, Chris Paul, JR Smith, Deron Williams and Nick Young. 

I'm guessing JR Smith and Nick Young will be the ones ID'ing the Kobe's other than the man himself

JR Smith's Permanent Ink ID

Last edited:
I hope you're optimism is about right because I don't feel like using my lunch break to go get a raffle ticket. I might just chance it on reseller prices. That could backfire badly though.

Hopefully JM (or someone) can give us some more insight. By the way, it's pretty damn weird that they didn't announce the RSVP yet, no? It should be happening tomorrow since it's a Friday release.

Can anyone comment on the responsiveness of the zoom in the elite version? Is it noticeable? I'm really back and forth on which 8 to pick up. Not a fan of the lunarlon in the LJXI, am a huge fan of the flight plate zoom in the xx8 and xx8 se and generally zoom in general but was not impressed with the 6's responsiveness and the 7 was complete trash IMO
The 8s lunarlon comfort and responsiveness does not compare to that of the Lebrons or xx8s. The zoom bags in the elite 8s does compare though. 

I only hoop in the 8s and I have found my heels to hurt after playing on several occasions, even with brand new lunarlon.

JM, thanks for all of your info bro. These What The Kobes are starting to seem much less limited than we all thought just a couple of days ago. Am I right or just being too optimistic?
I was just thinkin the same thing.. A bunch of Footlockers champs and Footaction... Plus online too. I think the chances of getting them are a lot higher than we all thought

Do the 8's GS sizes run big or small? I want to get my girl a pair. She wore a 5y in the 7's and a 5.5y in the 6's. Thanks

Where do y'all live that your Champs gets Kobe's? My local champs never has any Kobe's unfortunately so it's raffle or online for me. My only options. Those SS are dope I like the unique design, yea they're odd but isn't that why we wear sneakers, to be unique and for the style? At least they're something different! Just my opinion tho!

I was just thinkin the same thing.. A bunch of Footlockers champs and Footaction... Plus online too. I think the chances of getting them are a lot higher than we all thought

It'll still sell out. I wouldn't sit back and relax on it. I think quantities are still limited even though more stores seem to be getting them.

Where do y'all live that your Champs gets Kobe's? My local champs never has any Kobe's unfortunately so it's raffle or online for me. My only options. Those SS are dope I like the unique design, yea they're odd but isn't that why we wear sneakers, to be unique and for the style? At least they're something different! Just my opinion tho!
That's true.  I've never seen Kobe's in Champs.

Do the 8's GS sizes run big or small? I want to get my girl a pair. She wore a 5y in the 7's and a 5.5y in the 6's. Thanks

My Kobe 6s fit exactly like my Kobe 8s... adult sizes tho.

Whatever size she wears in the 6s, you should stick with that.

That's true.  I've never seen Kobe's in Champs.

I'm sure JM could give the sort of official answer.

But at Broward Mall in South Florida, the Champs doesn't EVER carry Kobes just the FTL and FTA (and occasional FNL release).

But at Champs University Mall Tampa, they carry Kobe 8s (every release except for the limited ones like MC, X-MAS, WTK, etc).

Guess it just all depends on the store.

this was said about the Xmas lights/Rhino Viper 8s as well. Worst Kobe in fact.

To me, honestly, the new "spiked" release is literally out of the box. How many basketball sneakers look like that man? This is the epitome of the Kobe line, constantly pushing the envelope and daring consumers to get crazy.

I'd rather have this than the yearly green/red lebron Xmas drop.

What happened to you guys?? A spiked shoe and suddenly it can't be worn "in game"? It's like you've never been around the past 6 years. I would ball in my pair if I get one FOR SURE. Those are too sick to hide in my closet.

:pimp:

Well stated.

Back
Top Bottom