OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

We've seen mine greys and for sure those aren't the inlines, look at it this way Nike has until march to give you a lakers colorway

Some of you guys hoping so much for a lakers colorway that y'all reaching at anything hoping its a laker colorway even tho it includes red

I forgot about that pic from Dion Waiters that was posted. My fault. Pump your brakes.

Caveat to the "includes red" comment, that screenshot says mine grey/court purple. Mentions nothing about red. So just going off of that, inlines would seem almost rational (even though it isn't).

The full colorway is mine grey/court purple/something red

will nike make another xmas 8 cw since no 9s til march ? :nerd:

Million dollar question bro

Last edited:

Better look up close of them

These are the mine grey bro

^ thanks, how long did it take? when I was in the checkout the VAT was subtracted from the total it came to 194 shipped which isnt that bad
I assume you ordered already?  

Tell me how it goes and when you get them.  I may order a pair myself.

Ok, so I let it go, but I come back on here and see that instead of people asking questions, they are trying to get props by clowing because I consider the Pit Viper to be the Chaos of the Kobe 8 line. Funny thing is most of were calling the Christmas KB 7's the Grinch KB 7, when in fact it was more of a Chaos theme (see Christmas/Chaos Kobe 5). With this said read the examples and answer this question for me, what is the difference? Clearly I came to this conclusion due to the colorways, not saying that this is the official name, but what I see.

Oh yeah and I will say this again the Milk Snake/Red Boa, would be the "Lower Marion Aces" of the Kobe 8 line.

Sulphurs - No one had an issue comparing them to the "Del Sol" for this year.
Homes - Different shades of yellow and purple and again there was no issue comparing them to other "Home" tag Kobes.
Concords - Clearly have different shades of a lighter purple, but yet no issue calling them the Concords or "Inlines".
Blue Lights - No issure comparing them to the Miles Davis of the KB 5's.
Fades - Equal Ink of the Kobe 8s.

Even Jordan used different shades of red for the Black/Red shoes, but yet still gets the "Breds" lable.

Lebron uses different shades of red, but yet the Black/Red, still get the "Away" lable.

Last edited:
no I didn't order yet from Bouncewear I'm still looking around, looking for VBs, but also looking for red camos, black gold elites and bltiz blues and whichever I find the best deal on I will order first. Leaning towards the VBs from bouncewear because 194 shipped is the best deal I've seen so far

From Tampa footaction, they have sz 10 and below, he said he can order my size if I wanted but I'm not big on sulfurs like many of yall are. I hadn't been to this mall for a while so I was surprised to see em still there

Which mall in Tampa? Thinking about having a pair shipped. Thx in adv

I think it's time to let the nicknames go... not every colorway needs to line up with a theme or label, especially if you have to reach and explain them. Just let them be. Nike is confusing us enough with these ******ed nicknames and backstories with each release.

^Your comparisons are all fine and good man, but they're also just opinions. Some of us just didn't agree with your Pit Viper/Chaos comparison. That one's definitely more of a reach than saying the Sulfurs are this year's Del Sols since the black/yellow colorway is Kobe's bread and butter that comes out every single year, and it's a more obvious connection. It's cool if you want to say Pit Vipers are like this year's version of the Chaos colorway, but obviously it's not the majority opinion. I mean, you've been on NT long enough to know that's just how things go here, with pics/gifs/whatever. It's just trash talk for the hell of it.

Speaking for myself, the Chaos IV-VI had specific details that were Joker inspired, even if they were each different from sig to sig. But Pit Vipers have no real obvious connection aside from using shades of purple and green, and IMO that "purple dynasty" color even looks a bit more like a burgundy or a reddish shade in some pics. To me they're different enough that they should just stand alone as their own colorway. The nicknames or whatever are honestly not that serious. I just think the color scheme comparison is a stretch.

Last edited:
I think it's time to let the nicknames go... not every colorway needs to line up with a theme or label, especially if you have to reach and explain them. Just let them be. Nike is confusing us enough with these ******ed nicknames and backstories with each release.

I agree with you on the "not every colorway needes to line up with a theme", however the only reason I explained was to keep from people asking the question "how did I come up with my statements". I will admit though, maybe I should have said and will say in the future should something come up, the "remind" me of..... Times that I have disagreed with someone, I have done so without trying clown or sound cool to get NT online props.

In regards to the shoes needing a theme or etc. to sell them, I also feel sports has been this way for awhile. I remember when the NBA came on NBC, we (my generation and even the younger ones who came up under us and many older) would make sure we watched it and if one had to one would record the game (although we hated doing this), without a huge soapopera to market or sell the game. Same thing in the NFL and college sports, but all this is for another conversation, my main point is not everything needs a label.

^Your comparisons are all fine and good man, but they're also just opinions. Some of us just didn't agree with your Pit Viper/Chaos comparison. That one's definitely more of a reach than saying the Sulfurs are this year's Del Sols since the black/yellow colorway is Kobe's bread and butter that comes out every single year, and it's a more obvious connection. It's cool if you want to say Pit Vipers are like this year's version of the Chaos colorway, but obviously it's not the majority opinion. I mean, you've been on NT long enough to know that's just how things go here, with pics/gifs/whatever. It's just trash talk for the hell of it.

Speaking for myself, the Chaos IV-VI had specific details that were Joker inspired, even if they were each different from sig to sig. But Pit Vipers have no real obvious connection aside from using shades of purple and green, and IMO that "purple dynasty" color even looks a bit more like a burgundy or a reddish shade in some pics. To me they're different enough that they should just stand alone as their own colorway. The nicknames or whatever are honestly not that serious. I just think the color scheme comparison is a stretch.

Haha, yeah I agree on the trash talk, which is coo, but I too many talk trash using other words or ideas instead of their own, as well dish it out, but can't take it when it comes back to them. Yes, you are correct in regards to the Pit Vipers having no real connecition aside from the colors and that is and was my whole point, I was referring to the colors.

Anyhow if people disagree that is on them, but there is a way to go about it without trying to look cool and front, especailly if one is repeating others and not their own ideas or words. In the end its all good though, we all like what we and feel what we feel.

As for the shoes I post my collection later on.

STILL THE ONLY ONES THAT I PERSONALLY LIKE AND HAVE OR WILL GET.

Sulfurs
Milk Snake/Red Boa
Elites Black/Gold
Venice Beach
Christmas

Last edited:

AMEN

PREACH

:lol: Kobe is probably wearing that just to model the jersey. I'm sure when he gets the in game jersey it will be XXXL

Back
Top Bottom