OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Considering the price of the Lunar Flyknit One's, yes the price on Kobe's is going to jump to ATLEAST 160

do I play basketball?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

where did that come from? I actually almost exclusively wear my shoes for ball unlike the "cool sneakerheads" these days that worry about creases, scratches and dirt.
sick.gif

ohmygosher, I haven't seen the ACTUAL product because they're not made yet. But I have seen the official mock up. And no, not the concept art that was floating around.
Do you feel the traction on your Kobe 8's is wearing off over time?  

My outsole is pretty worn, so I was surprised that my traction was still there when I played on an indoor court yesterday.  Maybe it was the court, I don't know.

Nike dropped the ball on the graffiti's IMO....Was expecting much more than a basic a__ grey/green c/w.
Yea, it is kind of basic, but I can see Nike putting a cool backstory behind it:

Date: July 28, 1983

It was a bright, sunny, summer day in Philadelphia, and Joe "Jellybean" Bryant was taking his son to the new park that opened  to play some soccer.  Clutching his dad's hand and palming a miniature soccer ball in his other, Kobe slowly made his way down the streets.  As he was walking, Kobe turned and saw this beautiful picture on the wall.  This picture seemed to be spray painted on.  It showed a tall guy sporting an afro in midflight, ball clenched in his right hand, left arm extended outwards.  It seemed that he was guiding this ball towards a basketball high above the ground.  

Kobe stopped, turned to the picture, and asked "Daddy, who's that?"  

"Well, son, that's the one and only Dr. Julius Erving." 

"What's he holding in his hand?"

"That would be a basketball."

*Few seconds pause*

"Wait, you can use your hands?"

Introducing the Kobe 8 Graffiti

Release Date: 7/28/13

Retail: $140

Special 30th Anniversary Edition: $200.  Comes with a laminated picture of Dr. J dunking.  The picture that started it all.

Last edited:
Wow, that was pretty thorough...Had dialogue, specific dates, retail price for a limited edition, and everything :lol:

These def arent ids, look at the tounge. Its def not the one color the ids come w/ these are on the shelf in tht overseas footlocker store

Kobe got the serious chicken legs lol. Long road to recovery.

Robocop on the upcoming 8s. But dem Amnesties. I just knows we not gettin.

Last edited:

These def arent ids, look at the tounge. Its def not the one color the ids come w/ these are on the shelf in tht overseas footlocker store

Or, maybe they're just a special colorway/PE that Kobe's former teamate, Josh Powell, was given by Kobe/Nike?

I havent been here in 5 days, 90 pages passed by, what have I missed?

Last thing I remember was an all black upper with orange/red bottom/heal cup? Anything new?

Last thing I remember was an all black upper with orange/red bottom/heal cup? Anything new?

That pair was 1 of 4 upcoming TB releases... others are black uppers with accents of white, blue and green.

Red Boas release 7/27, and they are spectacular...IMO.

Pics of the Graffitis have surfaced... also a nice shoe in its' own right.

And the Kobe 9 thread was started...

That pair was 1 of 4 upcoming TB releases... others are black uppers with accents of white, blue and green.

I absolutely forgot all about the Kobe 9 thread.

There were two colors that were removed from NikeiD, not sure if that was one of them. Looks like it has a silver Kobe signature(default for iD) and the clear fuse on the toe box. Whatever they are, they're whack(colorway).

Awesome, thanks!

Do you feel the traction on your Kobe 8's is wearing off over time?  

My outsole is pretty worn, so I was surprised that my traction was still there when I played on an indoor court yesterday.  Maybe it was the court, I don't know.

nah, mines are still pristine. been wearing them indoors mostly. played a couple times on cement though.

Back
Top Bottom