OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Anyone put insoles, inserts or orthods in their 8s? My ASG had bottomed out as far as cushioning leaving no cushion and a flat feeling not to mention you can feel the sensors. Got these spence gel total support insoles for only $20 so I figured I'd give them a try. They change the feel and weight of the shoes (14.2 oz to 18.9 oz) with a higher arch but they feel cushiony again. Wore them around the apartment but plan on shooting around tomorrow or play in them Monday. Anyone else change the insoles?

Anyone put insoles, inserts or orthods in their 8s? My ASG had bottomed out as far as cushioning leaving no cushion and a flat feeling not to mention you can feel the sensors. Got these spence gel total support insoles for only $20 so I figured I'd give them a try. They change the feel and weight of the shoes (14.2 oz to 18.9 oz) with a higher arch but they feel cushiony again. Wore them around the apartment but plan on shooting around tomorrow or play in them Monday. Anyone else change the insoles?
wow.. those are just paper thin now man

mad pics all of a sudden, nice guys all looking fresh with the 8s

dude who copped three pairs, what three you get?

How is the fit on the black EXT? Thinking I should make a move. Fit so far has been hit or miss with me and the 8. My Mambacurials are 12, fit great. The Easters are 12.5, also fit great. I tried the blitz blues and the 12 was way too short in length.

How is the fit on the black EXT? Thinking I should make a move. Fit so far has been hit or miss with me and the 8. My Mambacurials are 12, fit great. The Easters are 12.5, also fit great. I tried the blitz blues and the 12 was way too short in length.
They fit TTS imo.

If anything they have a little more wiggle room, not enough to go up or down a half size tho. It felt pretty good.

They are basically non existent. 2 hours of bball and my ankles, feet and knees really feel it.
those are as good as just wearing flip flops now when playing.. let me know if you ever get to make other insoles work with the 8s

Looks like it's the same bright crimson from the port wine ones and not actually orange on the outsoles on the PPs

Last edited:
I broke in a few of my pairs after wearing em like 2 times. I was hooping in em so that's probably why I broke them in so quickly.
Yea hooping in them definitely speeds up the process and makes them feel even better, IMO.  With the couple pairs I have not hooped in I can tell the difference.

From IG.. Same bluish discoloration on the outsoles as mine. Looks like xmas will age this way inevitably. All respect to the orig uploader. Dope shoes regardless.

mad pics all of a sudden, nice guys all looking fresh with the 8s

dude who copped three pairs, what three you get?

Easters, purple fades and blue blitz's i ordered the wrong size tho. 47 instead of 46 which is a 12, easters and purples are gonna get cancelled since they dont have 12 so im just getting the blitz's for now. Hopefully they read my email before shipping out.

Anyone know where I can get 8's in a 12?

Last edited:

I had the ortho inserts ordered offline a while ago, but I still out my orthotics over my most used lunar to give me heel and arch support. The reason I say most used lunar is because since they are so thin from the bottoming out, the overall fit of the shoe isn't affected too much.

With ortho inserts and my orthos it felt a little roomy but still very comfy. I noticed you put yours on top of the + enabled insert. I've noticed that any sock liner between the insert and ortho makes the fit weird, even though you would think something so small would not be felt. If you have used lunar insoles try going with that and the ortho on top. If not loosely lace your kicks with the ortho on top of the insert pictured and then after like 20-30 mins of hooping and running in them you should be able to re-tie them tighter giving you the maximum lockdown and fit and support combo.

Hope this helps, sorry for the thesis I just wrote but wanted to be thorough for all you cats trying to do the same thing. Been hooping in my wih lunar & ortho combo and its butter...

Last edited:
Do you think that since KD got the low version this year that means LeBron will get a low version for the 201*****15 season? And they will just keep rotating, I.e., Kobe has a low top again in 2015/2016.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll ever see LeBron's primary signature be a low, we'll get those low top summer versions but the main signature won't be low for such a big, dynamic player. Just my opinion though.

I wonder if those medical mambas that he posted on that rehab machine are similar to the fly knit midtop version. Makes sense if there is more Achilles support, but once again I have no inside info and I love to speculate lol, so don't hold my words to be true.

Back
Top Bottom