OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Flash on

not bad

I just "bought back" my purple fades using bday coupon at my local champs. Only if they allow to stack the vip award, oh well....can't be greedy. If you haven't worn yours yet, try if you can buy back with the bday coupon. Technically, it has been over 2 weeks since the release.
FTL let me use the bday coupon and VIP rewards on release day

Purple fades were my first kobes. Played 4 games in them so far. Now I'm not saying they arent a nice shoe but that lunarlon mid sole is so spongy... it doesnt rebound as fast as I would like. They are very comfy but the cushioning is not good enough for me. Great casual shoes but I wont be wearing them to play in anymore. IMO the kd elite is far superior as far as material and cushioning and fit. Like I said its just my opinion and I see so many other players rocking kobes that they must be doing the job for others...

Last edited:
Purple fades were my first kobes. Played 4 games in them so far. Now I'm not saying they arent a nice shoe but that lunarlon mid sole is so spongy... it doesnt reboind as fast as I would like. They are very comfy but the cushioning is not good enough for me. Great casual shoes but I wont be wearing them to play in anymore. IMO the kd elite is far superior as far as material and cushioning and fit. Like I said its just my opinion and I see so many other players rocking kobes that they must be doing the job for others...
Get a pair with zoom insoles....

I didnt know they cme with zoom insoles. Is it built into the midsole so you can remove it like the fades? I cant beleive kobe wiuld use lunarlon.. it doesnt seem explosive enough for a player like him.

I didnt know they cme with zoom insoles. Is it built into the midsole so you can remove it like the fades? I cant beleive kobe wiuld use lunarlon.. it doesnt seem explosive enough for a player like him.
All stars, supernaturals, and elites all have zoom. Elites are the only ones with zoom heel and forefoot. All stars, and supernaturals only have heel.

I think you can order zoom insoles on Nike id as well.

And yes, all insoles on the Kobe 8 are removable and interchangeable.

Last edited:
My purple fades just arrived from lithuania. Anyone else who ordered from my link gets theirs yet?

Hell no im still waiting -__-. It took 7 days to get here from lithuania and that was fine. Usps got it in new jersey, i live in maryland and im like ok ima get it soon like maybe the next day. I check my tracking and it went to nebraska -_____- in the middle of the US and way past me. New jersey is right next to my state. Im pissed

All stars, supernaturals, and elites all have zoom. Elites are the only ones with zoom heel and forefoot. All stars, and supernaturals only have heel.

Thanks. Good to know. I checked out the elites when I picked up the kd elite. I know I'm in the minority but I liked the kd elites better. I will give the elites another look.

Last edited:
I just "bought back" my purple fades using bday coupon at my local champs. Only if they allow to stack the vip award, oh well....can't be greedy. If you haven't worn yours yet, try if you can buy back with the bday coupon. Technically, it has been over 2 weeks since the release.
FTL let me use the bday coupon and VIP rewards on release day
you're lucky then.....my local champs didn't allow me to use the bday coupon during release day.

Hell no im still waiting -__-. It took 7 days to get here from lithuania and that was fine. Usps got it in new jersey, i live in maryland and im like ok ima get it soon like maybe the next day. I check my tracking and it went to nebraska -_____- in the middle of the US and way past me. New jersey is right next to my state. Im pissed
That's pretty dumb but that's your postal service in the US that sucks. 

Back in DC can't wait to see if any spots still have the VBs. really want to see in person and hopefully cop.

Keep missing out on the Gradients. 
mean.gif

Hoping I can spot a pair of them and the Grape V's for retail in the Philippines when I visit in a couple weeks. 

tons of Grapes in most stores. Check nike Stadium Rockwell when you get here... I'll hook you up with a discount homie.

Back
Top Bottom