Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they haven't lost money either :rolleyes

If we're talking strictly Yeezys, wouldn't be surprised if they did. A lot goes into producing ONE silhouette (When was the last time Nike dropped 1 style in only 3 colors, all in limited quantities?). Major reason why the Mag was strictly charity.

Speaking of Mags and getting off topic for 2 seconds... Did anyone see this?

I still hate this store for staging that "Yeezy Restock" fcfs which turned into a raffle that coincidentally had no apparent winners

If we're talking strictly Yeezys, wouldn't be surprised if they did. A lot goes into producing ONE silhouette (When was the last time Nike dropped 1 style in only 3 colors, all in limited quantities?). Major reason why the Mag was strictly charity.

Nike has definitely prospered from the yeezy's

The Yeezy's are one of the main reason's why nike can manufacture 500,000 pairs of 1 shoe and sell it out

Remember one of the first Yeezy 2 sightings was in a Kobe commercial

That's why Ye's frustrated b/c he's done so much for the brand and gets so little

Nike has definitely prospered from the yeezy's

The Yeezy's are one of the main reason's why nike can manufacture 500,000 pairs of 1 shoe and sell it out

Remember one of the first Yeezy 2 sightings was in a Kobe commercial

That's why Ye's frustrated b/c he's done so much for the brand and gets so little

I completely agree, I'm speaking solely on revenue directly from the sales of any Yeezy sneaker.

Last edited:
I completely agree, I'm speaking solely on revenue directly from the sales of any Yeezy sneaker.

businesses don't work that way though

Nothing is direct revenue when it comes to fashion

they need the consumer to feel that having their item is just as valuable as air or water.

look at the Doernbecher's.

no way in the world those would sell pre-yeezy (IMPO)

but we've all bought into the brand

they need the consumer to feel that having their item is just as valuable as air or water.

you do realize dorenbecher release's happened before the Y1

they can & did sell pre-ye

Hype does sell and push the brand and theres no denying the impact ye's had in that regard. But he has been telling the world about it too, even saying...right or wrong that the "yezzys jumped over the jumpman." Which in terms of hotness and all that for sure, but Jordan brand is waaaaaay more important to nike than yeezy pushing hyperfuse 90's... Jordan brand is a multi billion dollar devision., they have something like 60 percent of the basketball market, and thats with their performance, no one wants to rock kicks. It is possible hes rubbing some people the wrong way....just saying.

This whole thing w Ye and his disintegrating relationship with Nike was inevitable. His bragadociousness (justified or not) has got to grind on those he collaborates with at Swoosh. He's like the proverbial bull in a china shop. He can't help himself when it comes to pontificating on his own greatness.

Is he talented, yes. Is he a visionary, in a manner of speaking. Is he influencial in the pop/art/fashion world, to a degree. But at the end of the day, my 2 cents is Nike weighed the pros and cons (and there are many with him) and have decided from a business standpoint it's not worth it financially.

Again, he's a rapper, NOT AN ATHLETE. If he want's to make high end, couture label sneaks, he's better off collabbing with the likes of LV and Gucci, which is what he aspires towards. Like in his last interview, he's been knocking on that door but even those in the fashion world can only handle so much of him.

Adidas/Reebok/Pony/Li-Ning, etc. whoever is vying for his stamp will eventually run into the same snags that Nike has. He's just hard-wired to constantly push the establishment and make it about his way and vision.

Like everyone else on here, we love the kicks and hope to be lucky enough to get a pair so best of luck to all trying.

Completely missing what I'm trying to say. :smh:

And Nike DOESN'T sell Doernbechers to make profit.....Nor did they come after Yeezys :lol:

Anything Kanye does will fly off of the shelf. It doesn't matter if it's Nike. Look at the APC collab! Look at the Pyrex pullover he wore at the Hurricane Sandy concert. Anything he wears will get insta-hyped and sell out.

APC handled their collab beautifully. They sold out, and took pre-orders for a new batch. Nike would NEVER do that...

People don't talk about the Nike  Air Yeezy. They talk about the Yeezy. They really did jump over Nike and the Jumpman, because when it comes to his designs, brands don't matter.

I liked the post by Proto where he mentioned the AM 90's and white flyknits flying off the shelves after pics of kanye wearing them showed up. That's the influence of Kanye. Nike doesn't matter. If he stepped out in a pair of Stan Smith's tomorrow it'd be the same thing.

Nike could make 100k RO's and they would still sell out instantly with the exact same level of hype.

Looking forward to the ultimate flex bomb Sami's gonna drop in here later.

Last edited:
Just so no one is waiting early in the am.

3 PM SneakerNews is dropping my Kobe feature.

7 - 8 PM I will be dropping the red yeezy detailed pictures on my social media accounts and here as well.

I showed a few of my trusted NT members the picture last night.

They are amazing...no geno.
I refer to fakes now as Geno.  Did Nike make you sign an agreement not to sell?  Someone posted that the "rumor" is that Nike made you sign something.

Speaking of Mags and getting off topic for 2 seconds... Did anyone see this?

I still hate this store for staging that "Yeezy Restock" fcfs which turned into a raffle that coincidentally had no apparent winners
Some guy ive camped with a few times for shoes says he won a pair of solars from that raffle

Anything Kanye does will fly off of the shelf. It doesn't matter if it's Nike. Look at the APC collab! Look at the Pyrex pullover he wore at the Hurricane Sandy concert. Anything he wears will get insta-hyped and sell out.

APC handled their collab beautifully. They sold out, and took pre-orders for a new batch. Nike would NEVER do that...

People don't talk about the Nike Air Yeezy. They talk about the Yeezy. They really did jump over Nike and the Jumpman, because when it comes to his designs, brands don't matter.

I liked the post by Proto where he mentioned the AM 90's and white flyknits flying off the shelves after pics of kanye wearing them showed up. That's the influence of Kanye. Nike doesn't matter. If he stepped out in a pair of Stan Smith's tomorrow it'd be the same thing.

Nike could make 100k RO's and they would still sell out instantly with the exact same level of hype.

Looking forward to the ultimate flex bomb Sami's gonna drop in here later.
except nike air flight 89s. Those didn't fly off any shelves :lol:

Kanye.... a rapper...has 2 models with nike

While most athletes can't even get 1 model or 2 at that.

That speaks levels

the point i was trying to get at is that Nike does directly profit from things like Yeezy's and Doernbecher's

I think what K kingofny04 is saying is that Nike doesn't make a significant return from DIRECT sales of the Yeezys, while you're point is that they do, but from an INDIRECT standpoint. Meaning, anytime Kanye is seen wearing a pair of Nikes (whether it's the Flyknits or Hyperfuse) or just mentioning the brand in a song, interview, or tweet, Nike indirectly gains from that press, which could potentially lead to sales and paying customers for other Nike products. Therefore, even if they don't stand to make much from the Yeezy line itself, just having Kanye on board with them keeps their brand in the mind of consumers, which could lead to sales.

Last edited:
I think what K kingofny04 is saying is that Nike doesn't make a significant return from DIRECT sales of the Yeezys, while you're point is that they do, but from an INDIRECT standpoint. Meaning, anytime Kanye is seen wearing a pair of Nikes (whether it's the Flyknits or Hyperfuse) or just mentioning the brand in a song, interview, or tweet, Nike indirectly gains from that press, which could potentially lead to sales and paying customers.

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom