Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

The Y1's and Y2's are based off 2 NIKE CLASSIC SILHOUTTES!! The Jordan 3 and the Air Tech Challenge are icons in their own unique ways but to say we don't care that its a Nike product is absurd.

Ye put his spin on an already existing platform. Like a custom car shop putting their take on a classic, that's exactly what he's done with great success through hype/exclusivity/minimal marketing.

Ye NEEDED those Nike icons to produce what he's made. Now, let's see him actually design a shoe from top to bottom w/o an existing silhouette and then we can talk about Nike not mattering.

Seriously?

The Y1's and Y2's are based off 2 NIKE CLASSIC SILHOUTTES!! The Jordan 3 and the Air Tech Challenge are icons in their own unique ways but to say we don't care that its a Nike product is absurd.

Ye put his spin on an already existing platform. Like a custom car shop putting their take on a classic, that's exactly what he's done with great success through hype/exclusivity/minimal marketing.

Ye NEEDED those Nike icons to produce what he's made. Now, let's see him actually design a shoe from top to bottom w/o an existing silhouette and then we can talk about Nike not mattering.

I remember reading somewhere that Ye wanted to make his own custom midsole and Nike wasn't having it.

The shoes are based off of two classics, but you can't honestly believe the AJ3 OR the tech challenge 2 sole helped them sell out.

so apparently, here in NTLV there are people lined up for the red octobers. anyone know anything about that? lol

Also the aj5 with the lace lock and back portion. This shoe fuses a lot more than two sneakers. The missile could have been a good idea cuz we've all seen what happens to this crap midsole over time

so apparently, here in NTLV there are people lined up for the red octobers. anyone know anything about that? lol
They lined up on the night before Halloween for a pair also :lol:

Maybe they are there for the LBJ forging irons? Not sure if Niketowns are even receiving them

I remember reading somewhere that Ye wanted to make his own custom midsole and Nike wasn't having it.

The shoes are based off of two classics, but you can't honestly believe the AJ3 OR the tech challenge 2 sole helped them sell out.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying! There's a reason why we've gravitated to them. Because we all know the history of the 3s and ATC's and have grown to love the shoes for their styling and nostalgia.

Kanye.... a rapper...has 2 models with nike

While most athletes can't even get 1 model or 2 at that.

That speaks levels

That makes 0 sense.

Ye has the Air Yeezy. That's 1 model and its on V2.

Lebron is on his XI and has the NSW, KD is on his 7 also has NSW, CP3 on his 7, Kobe on 9th, Melo on I don't even know, etc. etc.

Are you comparing to non-star athletes cuz that makes even less sense since you can't compare the level of fame.

laugh.gif
 @ if you think Kanye is anything but a drop in the bucket for Nike.

Think about the ATHLETES they have.  With Lebron, KD, and Kobe...think of the amount of things they have. Theres an aforementioned version of every article of clothing available besides underwear. Think of the amount of kids that want their stuff. They don't want a Yeezy. Kobe's influence in China alone is ridiculous. How about Cristiano Ronaldo and his HUGE GLOBAL influence? "Futbol" is the #1 sport on the planet (planet...let that sink in for a minute) and hes the #1 athlete in that sport at least in terms of marketability. You have to step back and look at the bigger picture. Believe it or not, not everyone cares about Kanye West... and he only has 6* products with Nike. Ill agree with the statement that he helps move products that aren't his. Ex- Air Max 90 Hyperfuse. But its all minimal in the grand scheme of things for Nike. So he helped move maybe 5 other shoes that aren't Yeezys. 

Dont get me wrong, Kanye is an icon whether some want to admit it or not. The stuff he wears does sell out, but think about how limited everything is to begin with (not just Nike). Think of the worst Lebron or Kobe and then produce it in numbers that are equivalent to products Kanye associates himself with, theyd sell out too.

It almost leads me to wonder if Kanye and his team make his product in limited numbers because they know it wont sell out if it were mass produced.

They lined up on the night before Halloween for a pair also
laugh.gif

Maybe they are there for the LBJ forging irons? Not sure if Niketowns are even receiving them
that could be possible as well. i dunno, i just saw the pic with someone saying it was the line for the yeezys without reading anything else. lol sorry guys

Just to sprinkle facts to put out this horrendous argument that Nike needs Ye.

1. Y1 were easy to grab.

2. Tiffany's have had more impact on the state of shoes as we now see it.

3. Concords fueled the Jordan market to where it is now with every GR selling out.

4. Ye just steals current silhouettes and puts a spin on it and the masses eat it up.

I can go on. To think that Ye, a. jumped over the jumpman or b. is the end all be all of the brand, is preposterous

Y1s were easy to grab by todays standards but at the time camping two days for a pair of shoes was not done by many.

Bit of an update.

My Kobe feature was pushed back until next week so we can focus on the red yeezys. Sneakernews will have a feature on my pair tomorrow at 3pm est.

As promised I will share some pictures with NT tonight via my social media...but the really good detailed pics will be up on sneakernews tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

Seriously?

View media item 652817
View media item 652868
View media item 652870
View media item 652871This is what Kanye wanted the midsole to look like for the Y1. This is 100x better than the existing midsole used. I believe that NIKE didn't want to spend the cash to make a new tooling and that is why the Y1 and Y2 uses the midsoles they use.

I LOVE that midsole. :smokin

Last edited:
This shoe fuses a lot more than two sneakers.

The Y1 is a love letter to shoes of the 80s and early 90s. Those shoes fed my passion for footwear and that is why I gravitate to it. I laugh when I read that these shoes are just hyped "fusions" these aren't a Frankenstein model with no inspiration IMO.

I can go on. To think that Ye, a. jumped over the jumpman or b. is the end all be all of the brand, is preposterous
I think the hype tied to this shoe is above any other nike shoe.

Nike doesn't need Kanye. Kanye doesn't need nike. My point is that his collabs will always sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom