Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ye leaves Nike for Adidas how can his shoe be the Yeezy 3? It's not an air yeezy anymore, and with a new company it would be like starting all over. The Adidas Yeezy 1, not 3.

..................... Said by nobody, ever :rolleyes

huh? everyone is saying that. he obviously wants to be in full control of his shoe/product which nike is clearly not letting him do. adidas would definitely be a better fit for him considering how upset he is with the way nike is handling his shoes.

huh? everyone is saying that. he obviously wants to be in full control of his shoe/product which nike is clearly not letting him do. adidas would definitely be a better fit for him considering how upset he is with the way nike is handling his shoes.
In my opinion it would help Adidas' brand and hurt Kanye's "brand"/image.

How can anyone honestly say what's a better fit or not? It could be kanye flexing just to work a better deal with the swoosh.

How can anyone honestly say what's a better fit or not? It could be kanye flexing just to work a better deal with the swoosh.

if Nike turns around and says "ok kanye we'll do what you want" I'm sure he would but I doubt they're gonna do that

Last edited:
did you forget kobe was on adidas. pretty sure people own their own names

Yeezy is not his actual name though. Its more of a moniker/nickname
Only way around nike having a copyright on the name yeezy on the use of a sneaker like that would be if he legally changes his name to yeezy.
He could also modify the spelling a bit, but nike might contest something like that.

He had a successful shoe with LV, and Nike, it will surely be successful with Adidas if it heads there as well. Anyone who thinks otherwise is completely unaware of Kanye' s influence. Dude has people wearing leather everything now. And its not one particular brand. Even the whole monotone red is large in part to Kanye wearing the balenciagas. No matter what he designs or who it's with he is def one of the most influential trend setters right now.

In my opinion it would help Adidas' brand and hurt Kanye's "brand"/image.

so he should stick with Nike even though they are treating him like crap? >D

I'm all in on the Adeezy. Seeing what Rick Owens and Raf Simons have been able to do with adidas plus the Y-3 line... and then comparing that with NSW... is a straight joke. Pretty much across the board.

Only way around nike having a copyright on the name yeezy on the use of a sneaker like that would be if he legally changes his name to yeezy.
He could also modify the spelling a bit, but nike might contest something like that.
i get that but still it was his nickname before he went to nike, i think nike would work something out with him before they let him leave. yeezys with 3 stripes and not a swoosh just doesnt seem right. 

Awe man, those posts about Nike scrapping the RO's completely isn't a good move at all! Whatever is going on between them, they should come to some sort of agreement for the time being, release the RO's and if Kanye decides to leave Nike then so be it.

I'm all in on the Adeezy. Seeing what Rick Owens and Raf Simons have been able to do with adidas plus the Y-3 line... and then comparing that with NSW... is a straight joke. Pretty much across the board.

the rick owens joints are redic, can't wait

rick-owens-x-adidas-collaboration-first-look-2.jpg

ehh....not bad...i definitively see the Rick Owens influence

Nike can contest it all they want, but they realistically have no legal grounds...

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:z0x9iq.4.1

Just searched the US Gov't trademark site and interestingly enough "YEEZY" isn't intellectual property of Kanye OR Nike... it's owned by Mascotte Holdings, Inc. which appears to be a company that manufactures carrying cases for cameras. How it's pertinent to them, I'm not sure, but they certainly own the trademark. Could be a move to obtain ownership of an unowned trademark for future leverage in business a-la the dot com era... But that's pure speculation.

Interestingly enough, though, the original filing for "YEEZY" was placed on May 18, 2009... so the timing being less than a month before the debut of the original Yeezy I would have to think this was a crafty business move pulled off by a random company with a good legal team.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4804:z0x9iq.4.13

So, basically, in the event that Kanye moved from Nike to Adidas this third party could be the only thing that holds the name Yeezy back from being used on future products.... But they don't have a lot of leverage because I highly doubt Adidas nor Kanye would want to recycle the Yeezy name on a piece of footwear that will inevitably be a step forward in Kanye's progression as an artist.

EDIT: I'm dumb, Idk how I missed this part....

"Other Data The name "YEEZY" in the mark is the nickname of KANYE WEST and identifies a living individual whose consent is of record."

Appears that they have Kanye's consent. So they own it, and he can use it freely, is the most likely scenario (Aka he likely had to previously pay them off)

Last edited:
rick-owens-x-adidas-collaboration-first-look-2.jpg

ehh....not bad...i definitively see the Rick Owens influence
Influence? He designed that entire model from the ground up.

It's inspired by the fact he's getting old and wanted to create a training shoe to get himself moving for the benefit of heart health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom