Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to find a 9.5 for $800, that is a "Deal" for this shoe. Retail cost doesn't mean nothing to determine a deal. MARKET VALUE determines a deal.

Not even close to production cost. The actual production cost is substantially less. $98 is closer to what re-selling entities [Foot Locker inc., Finish Line inc., etc.] pay for them than what actual production costs are per shoe.
Sneaker climate? We all pay mark up and have created this climate... Word to Retro 4's being $115 only 4 years ago. Now people will line up for a GR release and pay $160 without blinking.
My point is that this has been building for decades. It started with people stocking then re-re-selling for a mark up years later. Now with the explosion of social networks more people are preview to info and this "hobby" which in turn amps demand and drives up prices.
NIKE is simply cashing in. They have had minimal backlash from raising prices while lowering quality, so why would they change?
I could go on for days but I won't clutter this thread with it... My point is that we can't simply point fingers and judge someone on a purchase. We are all in this together, we are ALL part of the equation, therefore part of the problem.
Just my .02

Seriously :smh:

I keep the retail price tag on all my boxs and it breaks my heart to look at the price sometimes :lol:

Not even close to production cost. The actual production cost is substantially less. $98 is closer to what re-selling entities [Foot Locker inc., Finish Line inc., etc.] pay for them than what actual production costs are per shoe.
I agree. My friend owns a shoe store and told me he pays $73 a pair for Lebron IXs!!!!! WTF $170 MSRP!!! Nike gets it!!!

I agree. My friend owns a shoe store and told me he pays $73 a pair for Lebron IXs!!!!! WTF $170 MSRP!!! Nike gets it!!!
It's not $100 pure profit per pair sold.  Its costs a ton of money to run a company like Nike, staff, legal teams, marketing, real estate, wages and benefits, etc.  Then you add in the money they pay to endorse world class athletes, to use their name behind a product.

So, Nike is not really "getting it."  Lebron, Tiger, etc are really making bank.  They get hundred million dollars contracts, and all they have to do is wear all the free gear.

You know you still payed $1800 for some shoes right...no matter what you sold to get to that figure you still payed well over 1k....enjoy your shoes though

It's not $100 pure profit per pair sold.  Its costs a ton of money to run a company like Nike, staff, legal teams, marketing, real estate, wages and benefits, etc.  Then you add in the money they pay to endorse world class athletes, to use their name behind a product.

So, Nike is not really "getting it."  Lebron, Tiger, etc are really making bank.  They get hundred million dollars contracts, and all they have to do is wear all the free gear.
Haha! This dude's coming in here saying Nike isn't getting it. They're definitely getting more than "it". While you went on a tangent of listing staff, you forgot to mention their financing team. While Nike is paying hundred million dollar contracts over X amount of time, they are still a BILLION-dollar company. You're talking like Knight & Parker eat ramen noodles every night...

Last edited:
^ WERD TO YA MOTHER!!!
roll.gif

You know you still payed $1800 for some shoes right...no matter what you sold to get to that figure you still payed well over 1k....enjoy your shoes though
Thats strange because my bank only reflects a $800 loss which is still too high imo...but I wanted them saw a opportunity and jumped. I got my funds and situation secured so it aint hurting me. I didn't want the Plats after constantly worrying about stains and what not and always wanted to Solars. Saw I could flip the Plats and get the Solars...

@PeruWhite
Sneaker game been the same and I've been at for a while. There always been over hyped shoes that people pay top dollar for. I found away around it. I sold one shoe instead of others selling multiple shoes with the same result. How is that bad? On the same token, how I see is you drop the money, trade for them or give up. That's my mentality of every shoe I want. If you say dropping 800 on a 300 shoes is bad then what do you call people who dropped 2k? As far as what your saying about production cost and what not. You should get out the sneaker collecting because none of the shoes are worth retail or what Nike sell them to stores for. The same goes with alot of things in life like clothes, car and etc...it's all relatable and you should probably step back and look at it that way. The cost of the clothes you wear are even cheaper rather their from by Givenchy or Gap.

Honestly happy with my purchase but ofcourse wish I could have paid retail...I wanted to tell you guys that imo the quality on the Solars are much better than the Plats. I didn't believe it until I weared them for a couple of hours. They seem more sturdy and durable. Also maybe it's the shoes but my Solars seem slimmer than the Plats and might be why some are saying TTS and other are saying size up .5. Maybe someone with both CWs on hand can say more about that. The mesh on my solars doesnt look like they will crease at fast but I've barely weared them so IDK yet.

Thats strange because my bank only reflects a $800 loss which is still too high imo...but I wanted them saw a opportunity and jumped. I got my funds and situation secured so it aint hurting me. I didn't want the Plats after constantly worrying about stains and what not and always wanted to Solars. Saw I could flip the Plats and get the Solars...
@PeruWhite
Sneaker game been the same and I've been at for a while. There always been over hyped shoes that people pay top dollar for. I found away around it. I sold one shoe instead of others selling multiple shoes with the same result. How is that bad? On the same token, how I see is you drop the money, trade for them or give up. That's my mentality of every shoe I want. If you say dropping 800 on a 300 shoes is bad then what do you call people who dropped 2k? As far as what your saying about production cost and what not. You should get out the sneaker collecting because none of the shoes are worth retail or what Nike sell them to stores for. The same goes with alot of things in life like clothes, car and etc...it's all relatable and you should probably step back and look at it that way. The cost of the clothes you wear are even cheaper rather their from by Givenchy or Gap.

Y'all "Sneakerheads" are mad soft and sensitive. My comment wasnt even about you, it was about what we as a community of people buying shoes have been reduced to in order to enjoy the products we grew up on. Pull ya skirts down B, I'm not even speaking on you as an individual. I guess y'all got to the point where you are so used to having to defend ridiculous purchases that you automatically take offense to any kind of criticism. I threw a $90 something figure out there just to speak to terms of actually material used to produce the shoe in comparison to what people spend on it but, of course Captain SneakerMan731 to the rescue with all this "False Cost Blah blah blah", man just enjoy your shoes. What you lose dont make me ish. I've been out of "Sneaker Collecting" for years because you geeks turned it into the Comic Book world, its not even about personal style or fashion anymore. You're trying to get a shoe just to impress another man that collects shoes too, hand claps for you. I buy what I like and have no problem getting what I like. Anyway, enough with this pointless rant. However you rationalize spending X amount of dollars on a $2 shoe, good for you. I'm not hating at all. Profit by any means. :rofl:

Last edited:
I heard there was a restock on NDC yesterday...can anyone confirm???

not that it matters at this point but just curious

Not true. LeBron's deal with Nike (what was it $90-100 million?) is not all monetary payment. He doesn't just get $100 million dollars. I forgot who explained it before, might be RockDeep, but they explained how the sneaker endorsement works for your LeBrons as well as your Anthony Parkers.

[Y'all "Sneakerheads" are mad soft and sensitive. My comment wasnt even about you, it was about what we as a community of people buying shoes have been reduced to in order to enjoy the products we grew up on. Pull ya skirts down B, I'm not even speaking on you as an individual. I guess y'all got to the point where you are so used to having to defend ridiculous purchases that you automatically take offense to any kind of criticism. I threw a $90 something figure out there just to speak to terms of actually material used to produce the shoe in comparison to what people spend on it but, of course Captain SneakerMan731 to the rescue with all this "False Cost Blah blah blah", man just enjoy your shoes. What you lose dont make me ish. I've been out of "Sneaker Collecting" for years because you geeks turned it into the Comic Book world, its not even about personal style or fashion anymore. You're trying to get a shoe just to impress another man that collects shoes too, hand claps for you. I buy what I like and have no problem getting what I like. Anyway, enough with this pointless rant. However you rationalize spending X amount of dollars on a $2 shoe, good for you. I'm not hating at all. Profit by any means. :rofl:

You quote me post then say you wasn't talking to me. You tough talk is funny though. You assumptions on me are even funnier. Your argument is broken so you resort to immature small talk.

Thought I was debating someone with intellect. Oh well..

Last edited:
I completely understand your mentality of a "deal" considering what they are going for on the open market but the fact you think you got a "deal" by paying $800 for a $250 retail shoe that only cost $96 to make speaks volumes to what the sneaker climate has become. More power to you tho, do what makes you happy by all means.

People still lurking the Yeezy thread, talking about the production cost versus the market cost.

Um, you on the wrong forum if that bothers you, because all shoes cost incredibly less than what you ultimately pay, EVEN AT RETAIL.

And those dudes talking smack about it I bet don't even have Yeezy's of their own.

I was wondering why this thread started tasting so salty.

You quote me post then say you wasn't talking to me. You tough talk is funny though. You assumptions on me are even funnier. Your argument is broken so you resort to immature small talk.
Thought I was debating someone with intellect. Oh well..

You obviously dont understand social commentary, you happen to be the example in regards to a broad comment in which you too are a victim. If anything you could've read my comment as understanding your plight and sympathizing. Instead you took offense and for that I apologize. Don't know where I started "tough talk" :lol: but if you say so buddy. Once again, dont take things so personal, its a forum board. You and you alone have to live with your choices and what you spend your money on, its too bad you couldnt get it for retail. Goodluck on the next release, I'll skip it to go find some intellect. :tongue:

BACK TO THE SHOES. FOR THOSE WHO WANT A CHANCE TO WIN Air Yeezy 2s and live in Chicago. PM for your chance. Im not gonna put it here cause I hate lurks

For those interested in some clothing matching up with their Black Solar Reds:

Bermuda Red Polo (Dillard's)
Black Lincoln Slim Fit-Low Rise-Straight Leg jeans (Guess)

Without Flash

With Flash

As you can see, very similar.

Last edited:
People still lurking the Yeezy thread, talking about the production cost versus the market cost.

Um, you on the wrong forum if that bothers you, because all shoes cost incredibly less than what you ultimately pay, EVEN AT RETAIL.

And those dudes talking smack about it I bet don't even have Yeezy's of their own.

I was wondering why this thread started tasting so salty.

Wore my Solars for the first time today. These are so comfy. And they glowed like crazy from just walking back and fourth to my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom