Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

This limited **** getting played out

It’s ok to let more people buy your product I promise

01E04C62-6DC3-485A-B5E7-D56A36DFB5AA.jpeg
Idk man it's a fine line. Honestly they do have to make some limited product to stay cool. Let's be honest, if they made 500k of these, they'd sit on shelves and hit the outlet. See JB from like 2014-2018 or whatever it was. They flooded the market with every release and the brand wasn't cool anymore. People moved to UB and Yeezy bc every colorway was limited. They even used the bs excuse of "We can only make so much boost!" and people ate it up. So while we can all say we wish they made more, do we really? If they made 500k pairs, would you still cop? You may, but most wouldn't. So yea, some things do need to be limited to keep the brand and a model cool.

While some of the flooding stuff is still kind of a stand alone fact, Yeezy also had something to do with the move in popularity from AD to Nike. Also.. they had 3's, 2's, and 1's to make limited. Why these? :lol:

This limited **** getting played out

It’s ok to let more people buy your product I promise
Let everyone else tell it and it's about Nike creating demand for their products that don't sell. Sounds dumb to me but it's always mentioned when production #'s are brought up. :rofl: I see it's been mentioned

Idk man it's a fine line. Honestly they do have to make some limited product to stay cool. Let's be honest, if they made 500k of these, they'd sit on shelves and hit the outlet. See JB from like 2014-2018 or whatever it was. They flooded the market with every release and the brand wasn't cool anymore. People moved to UB and Yeezy bc every colorway was limited. They even used the bs excuse of "We can only make so much boost!" and people ate it up. So while we can all say we wish they made more, do we really? If they made 500k pairs, would you still cop? You may, but most wouldn't. So yea, some things do need to be limited to keep the brand and a model cool.
I ve always said this sounds dumb but I guess it's just the people that fall into it are dumb. Buying **** you don't like because you couldn't get what you want is as dumb as it gets.

I ve always said this sounds dumb but I guess it's just the people that fall into it are dumb. Buying **** you don't like because you couldn't get what you want is as dumb as it gets.
That's the point, I don't think people buy stuff they don't like. People do like things more when they are limited, hyped, and cool than the otherwise would if they were boring gr releases.

That's the point, I don't think people buy stuff they don't like. People do like things more when they are limited, hyped, and cool than the otherwise would if they were boring gr releases.
No I'm talking about people buying shoes they don't like because they're limited. The idea that people stopped buying Jordans because they were too available and moved to boost because they were limited. It's dumb group think behavior imo.

No I'm talking about people buying shoes they don't like because they're limited. The idea that people stopped buying Jordans because they were too available and moved to boost because they were limited. It's dumb group think behavior imo.
I think you're naive to think you're immune to it. Every thread you post in is mostly Off White, TS, and AJ1. You even peeping NB now that it's hyped. You think it's just coincidence that you like all the limited and hyped stuff? You think you'd like all of that if they were mass produced gr's? I think pretty much everyone on this board falls for the hype at some point. It's natural imo.

It's only worth it if it's limited/hyped/has a high resale value.

That's why the best 1-6s are all collabs

1s: Chicago Off White
2s: Chicago Off white
3s: A Ma Maniere
4s: Union Guavas
5s: Off White Muslin
6s: Travis Scott Olive

You can basically switch any high value pair between them too. IE: Dior 1s instead of OW

These are basically all better than OG colorways

I think you're naive to think you're immune to it. Every thread you post in is mostly Off White, TS, and AJ1. You even peeping NB now that it's hyped. You think it's just coincidence that you like all the limited and hyped stuff? You think you'd like all of that if they were mass produced gr's? I think pretty much everyone on this board falls for the hype at some point. It's natural imo.
I don't like all the limited and hype stuff though 😂, it's rare, and wear massed produced GRs daily. The couple of limited collabs I've wanted didn't want me but I'm good with it. I might like hype now and then but don't fall for it. Shoes I wear and buy are because I like them, I stay in hyped threads tho 😉

I don't like all the limited and hype stuff though 😂, it's rare, and wear massed produced GRs daily. The couple of limited collabs I've wanted didn't want me but I'm good with it. I might like hype now and then but don't fall for it. Shoes I wear and buy are because I like them, I stay in hyped threads tho 😉
I don't think many like all the hyped stuff, but most of the stuff we like is hyped. And not saying you buy shoes you don't like, just saying a lot of the shoes you do like may not be as appealing if they weren't hyped. Idk I just think you're naive to think you're above being influenced by hype. The companies do it for a reason and we all fall victim to it.

I don't think many like all the hyped stuff, but most of the stuff we like is hyped. And not saying you buy shoes you don't like, just saying a lot of the shoes you do like may not be as appealing if they weren't hyped. Idk I just think you're naive to think you're above being influenced by hype. The companies do it for a reason and we all fall victim to it.
I really do. If I like a hyped shoe it because I like something about it, not it's availability. I got in the TS thread because of the OG high and missed then the mochas came out and I was satisfied to have a 1 with brown which was the draw for me.

I really do. If I like a hyped shoe it because I like something about it, not it's availability. I got in the TS thread because of the OG high and missed then the mochas came out and I was satisfied to have a 1 with brown which was the draw for me.
If you're content with thinking you go for only OW, TS, AJ1, and now NB bc there's "something about it, but certainly not the hype!", I'm glad it works for you.

If you're content with thinking you go for only OW, TS, AJ1, and now NB bc there's "something about it, but certainly not the hype!", I'm glad it works for you.
Been wearing NB. I only go for shoes I like and sometimes it's a collab or hyped and missing out on them has never made me interested in a shoe I don't like. Shouldn't be that hard to understand that simple concept.

Been wearing NB. I only go for shoes I like and sometimes it's a collab or hyped and missing out on them has never made me interested in a shoe I don't like. Shouldn't be that hard to understand that simple concept.
Again, I'm not saying you buy shoes you don't like. I'm just saying that you, unless you're the 1 in a million exception, fall victim to hype and like things you ordinarily wouldn't if they were just gr's. You're naive to think you don't. But like I said, if you want to think you're above being influenced, good for you, I guess. I don't see you rocking PUMA or Sketchers though.

This is why I'm ok with them being limited. Nike would be silly to make 10s of thousands of these knowing that demand is going to be weak. And based n appointments still being available these should be obtainable for people who seriously want pairs.

Again, I'm not saying you buy shoes you don't like. I'm just saying that you, unless you're the 1 in a million exception, fall victim to hype and like things you ordinarily wouldn't if they were just gr's. You're naive to think you don't. But like I said, if you want to think you're above being influenced, good for you, I guess. I don't see you rocking PUMA or Sketchers though.
I don't like sketchers that they've put out so far but wear a lot of Puma. I just gave an example of a GR that I like more than a hyped shoe similar to it. If you want to think no one is above nikes marketing rarity marketing ploy, good for you.

This is why I'm ok with them being limited. Nike would be silly to make 10s of thousands of these knowing that demand is going to be weak. And based n appointments still being available these should be obtainable for people who seriously want pairs.

10s of thousands is still small.

10s of thousands is still small.

I know, I used that number to show how many people really care about Air Ships. I think Nike learned its lessons after retroing Air Command Forces, Air Pressures, and Ambush Adjust Forces (lol at $210 retail).

Great shoes but they're not going to sell out because normies don't want em, resellers won't touch them, and the amount of collectors isn't enough to sell through. If you make small batches, give em a lil hype, and put the price low enough it's almost guaranteed sell out.

Back
Top Bottom