OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

The only pairs I need are the dolphins and red eagles but how can you spot the fake penny Vs if there is any?

The only pairs I need are the dolphins and red eagles but how can you spot the fake penny Vs if there is any?
Use the eagles as an example, usually on the fakes, the red color of the air bubble will run into the actual sole compared to on the real ones the air max bubble color ends where the bubble ends. if you look at fakes from the side it almost looks as if though the air bubble merges into the sole.  Also, on fake pairs, the pull tab isn't attached and doesn't stand on it's own.  Hopefully that makes sense

Use the eagles as an example, usually on the fakes, the red color of the air bubble will run into the actual sole compared to on the real ones the air max bubble color ends where the bubble ends. if you look at fakes from the side it almost looks as if though the air bubble merges into the sole.  Also, on fake pairs, the pull tab isn't attached and doesn't stand on it's own.  Hopefully that makes sense
Thanks for the info and any other tips would also be appreciated

I saw a video when they first dropped comparing a real to a variant. Search YouTube, I'm sure it'll come up. It was actually earlier in this thread somewhere

Not that it matters, I'm still copping but does anyone know if lil penny is on the back of the volts?

^
900x900px-LL-32ab8cbc_image.jpeg

I think they would look better with a team red/maroon upper

Looks too pink to me

After copping only the Dolphins, Cool Grays and Memphis Tigers, I feel like I overdid the Penny V's

These new c/w's aren't even half as nice as the ones I own already and don't wear.

Last edited:
Imo the best cws to release were the Olandos, Dolphins, Red Eagles, and the Cloaks. (No particular order) but Nike really needs to put something nice out for these if they are expecting them to sell. The new 3 cws are alright at best but nothing that you would need to get on the first day.

guilty of buying into hype? we've all done it

Not really hype, everyone where I am hates the Penny V's.

I just only wear the cool grey c/w, so the other pairs are a waste for me.

Not to mention the fact that I bought them all for retail on RD

Have every colorway released thus far. Will get the Volts on release date. Will hope the Atomic Reds sit for a while and I'm able to scoop on sale. Have no interest at all in camo reds.

Actually hooped last night in the Orlandos (first time hooping in Penny V) and loved it. No break-in time needed, traction was on point, and couldn't be happier overall. Also had the shot working from deep. Had to be the shoes......right?

Not really hype, everyone where I am hates the Penny V's.

I just only wear the cool grey c/w, so the other pairs are a waste for me.

Not to mention the fact that I bought them all for retail on RD

well id consider getting the dolphins pair at retail a good thing, considering what resell prices have become. if you regret it, just sell em. even if theyre used you should be able to get retail money back

Imo the best cws to release were the Olandos, Dolphins, Red Eagles, and the Cloaks. (No particular order) but Nike really needs to put something nice out for these if they are expecting them to sell. The new 3 cws are alright at best but nothing that you would need to get on the first day.

Tough call. Three of those four certainly sold well thanks to lower release numbers. I would say Phoenix did ok too.

The only ones to really hit the sale rack were Orlando, grey, crimson, and some Memphis. I think release numbers will determine how "well" these do.

Nice out for me would be the staple Orlando colorways we've seen through the sig line: need an Atlantic and either a major white based or black based third.

Back
Top Bottom