OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

GITD soles always need to be charged with exposure to light and the GITD effect will not last very long on most pairs. That's the norm. IMO it's a nice but overrated feature.

I agree a blacklight isn't as effective as the sun's UV rays

Last size 12. Easy.

Last years All-Star KD's had the best glow of any shoe I've seen to date. It's give or take really.

The KD IV ASGs and the Yeezy 1/2s are the only shoes I've seen/had where I felt like the GITD was really worth a damn. For most shoes, the effect is just so weak and short lived that I don't really care that much about it. When it's done right, it's a cool bonus feature though.

The KD IV ASGs and the Yeezy 1/2s are the only shoes I've seen/had where I felt like the GITD was really worth a damn. For most shoes, the effect is just so weak and short lived that I don't really care that much about it. When it's done right, it's a cool bonus feature though.
Yeezys got that GLOW!

loving the cloaks..been holding off on penny v's but always thought the design was sick so im psyched that I finally made the move.

on another note..this is my first shoe with a glow in the dark sole..does the glow always only last for 10-20 mins? or am I doing something wrong?
Put the soles toward a blacklight for almost an hour and they were glowing strong in a dark room afterwards...so I turned the lights in the room back on and went back to what I was doing. 20-25 mins later I decided to check how much glow was left..shut all the lights again and it was completely gone..not glowing at all.

Hoping that I just did something wrong because if that's the extent of the coveted "glow in the dark" soles I'm definitely let down.

Still a great shoe even if that turns out to be the case.
This sucks to hear, I'm still waiting for my pair to ship but I was similarly disappointed with the Area 72 Lunar Force 1s. I'm not sure what the GITD soles are made out of, but if it is like everything else Nike has been making lately they probably have started using lower quality phosphorescent  materials cause high-quality phosphorescent powder can glow from 10-30 hours after being fully charged. If you wanted to give the shoes a real strong glow yourself, you could try mixing some good phosphorescent powder with seaglow and then dying your soles permanently but you would be risking your shoes.

yeah kinda mad i missed out on these wasnt really looking for these until i saw someone wearing them and they looked nice

Gonna order a pair of cloaks ... these look sick in the pictures so i couldn't pass and i passed on most Penny V colorways so this will be my first Penny V can't wait :smokin

Last edited:
Penny's are my favorite all time nikes so comfy too especially the V's!!! i just got on niketalk and its gr8

Walked in at noon. Walked out, was in the mall no more than 5 minutes. Foams sold out in 15 minutes easy from my FTL plug. Not too worried about the GITD, great shoe overall.

These Cloaks pics
nthat.gif
Really the only cw I mess with with this shoe
Same here, haven't bought the other colors and was close on the crimsons, but no just waited for these, and got multiples of them. Wearing them now and it is narrow, but still comfy as heck. One of the best cw of the penny line. Thank you gentry for making this cw on this amazing shoe.

Sunburst, Orlando, and Memphis are all sitting at my local shop, Orlando's are at 120, hope they go down once more.

If the other two go down to that it's an instacop.

Wore my "Dolphin" Penny V's today. Extremely comfortable shoe. Might look at picking up the cloaks a little later down the road.

Back
Top Bottom