Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Just need one of these. Hopefully they release the ASG pair everywhere. 3 years ago when they released the Orlando's, I believe it was only at House of Hoops and NIketown.

Here ya go.. i'll take new photos later.

Too bad by the time the All-Star/Playoff 1s release, I'm not at the US anymore. :lol:

PI doesn't release that many bball retros from Nike. :smh:

The distinction is that in 1995 they didn't feel like they were made from cardboard.

Even the early 2000s Retro isn't as comfortable as the OGs, but they're still well beyond anything that came after.

I know, Nike are doing what any successful business does, but they do it so consistently, so aggressively, that it makes me not want to give them any more money. 

QFT. I remember buying a pair of wearable OGs back in 2009, and a 9.5 fit like a glove. Really locked my foot down. In 2000, I needed a 9 but the fit wasn't the same for whatever reasons, however there was no heel slippage. Hearing the heel slippage issues on the 2011's and up is disappointing to hear. I also think the brick feel to them is caused from the air units, which have no response, making the brick like feeling in the heel. Also, I thought there was air in the forefoot as well. Did they eliminate that? Hell, bump the price up another 20 on this shoe and give me a proper retro. But as stated earlier in this thread, this shoe will never be worth paying more for without the huge air unit. They are always going to feel like bricks until they fix that issue.

REMASTERED penny 1's coming in 2016 w/ plush air bubble x 3m piping for only $225 and an eighth of your soul
:lol: I'd really have to talk myself out of paying 225 if they actually did that :smh:
Dope from both of you guys :pimp:

Will you guys still be buying these retros even though you still have the OG's?
I wouldn't put it past them for real though :lol:

Adjusted for inflation, the original price of 135 in todays dollars is 210. Give me a proper retro, and Ill pay that easily, minus the birthday coupon of course. :D

QFT. I remember buying a pair of wearable OGs back in 2009, and a 9.5 fit like a glove. Really locked my foot down. In 2000, I needed a 9 but the fit wasn't the same for whatever reasons, however there was no heel slippage. Hearing the heel slippage issues on the 2011's and up is disappointing to hear. I also think the brick feel to them is caused from the air units, which have no response, making the brick like feeling in the heel. Also, I thought there was air in the forefoot as well. Did they eliminate that? Hell, bump the price up another 20 on this shoe and give me a proper retro. But as stated earlier in this thread, this shoe will never be worth paying more for without the huge air unit. They are always going to feel like bricks until they fix that issue.

I agree, I have the OG white penny's and those fit really comfortable.

The recent retros I got that are uncomfortable are Air Max Griffey 1's and 2's. My feet where all jacked up after wearing them for a couple of hours. The only Nike retros that are comfortable in my opinion are the Air Tech Challenge 2's, Air Force 180 and The Gloves.

They should release a Atlantic version of the 1s like the penny 2's blue suede upper white midsole

They should retro the box too. I should've kept mine even though I ruined my shoes by drawing on it with a sharpie 0]

those all whites are sick, if they confirm a release of those before the legend blue XIs do then i will get the all white pennys instead (something very off about the legend blues)

those all whites are sick, if they confirm a release of those before the legend blue XIs do then i will get the all white pennys instead (something very off about the legend blues)

I'd pick up the home joints over the Columbias even if they were in exact og form. Penny's>Jordan's IMO

I'd pick up the home joints over the Columbias even if they were in exact og form. Penny's>Jordan's IMO

You're not the only one I had a choice to pick between Concord XI's and Air Max Penny 1's in 1995. So I went with the Penny's. I had the Orlando's and then my bro was going to get The Black/White Air Sensations, but finishline screwed up and gave him 2 left shoes. So he went with the Home CW of The Air Max Penny 1's.

I'm hoping the Home Colorway drops next spring/summer.

I do not think they will drop, they were released about 3 times over the past 10 years, so it is time for the other OG versions!
yep the blog sites thought they knew what they were posting while a majority of people in this thread knew since the summer that the ASG cw would be dropping not the orlandos 

Back
Top Bottom