OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR MAX LEBRON VII & PS (Post Season) CONGRATS TO LBJ AS 2010 MVP! AM7, PS, Low MVP!

^pics please

Not being much of a LeBron fan, I don't care if he stays or goes.. I just like some of his shoes over the years.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bron say that he wanted his shoes exclusive or limited? Maybe we should be pointing the finger more at him than at Nike...just saying.

and of course, I'd like the HWCs to release, but to be honest I ended up with 6 or 7 pairs, which is more than I intended in the first place and I'm very happy with the ones I got...RCs, Akrons, dunkmans being my favorites

Originally Posted by alliwantiskicks

they need to release those MVP's and those 7/11's.. that would make lebron happy and play better.

laugh.gif
, as much as i agree with this, i still LULZ'd

ok so 2 answer ya question about why arent the "ALL" the colorways he wears coming out... its cause of Jason Petrie (senior designer for nike basketball) and nike... he stated in the SOLE magazine wen asked about the amount of colorways that will released to the public (the lebron 7 issue) on page 30 last paragraph and I quote "compared to the VI, we cut it to almost HALF, and we're going to cut it back EVEN MORE for the next one"......... SMFH

That's lame..... Guess a lot of us gon have to settle for less if a certain colorway is hot and doesn't release.

(prays for Nikeid)....(if the shoe is hot)

Originally Posted by never wear them

That's lame..... Guess a lot of us gon have to settle for less if a certain colorway is hot and doesn't release.

(prays for Nikeid)....(if the shoe is hot)

Lebron/Petrie won't let that happen. That makes too much sense for the company. Meanwhile, ALL of the Kobe V's that he wore this year were for the most part, easy to get. I do not want to think about what it would be like if they kept certain Jordan's exclusive when he was playing
sick.gif

ill post pics in a few days, flew out to florida tonight after shoes came in the am..

I feel like we will see another 7 or two get releaed

Originally Posted by never wear them

inchecksince81 wrote:
  WHOA fellas... Lebron is hurting. He has ''on and off pain'' he and his trainers have said repeatedly. You can tell he isnt himself. Also the cavs arent as deep as the lakers [and the bulls were] Also Lebron didnt have as much time to mature as Jordan did playing for North Carolina. Kobe wasnt a monster like Lebron coming into the league either. Kobe is surrounded by better, more reliable scoring VETS. Hard to call the reigning 2x NBA MVP's soul as suspect. At 100% healthy Lebron is UNSTOPPABLE. He is also playing a veteran Boston team who knows how to win games and has great ''D''. Obviously he felt good with 3 days rest after game 2. Lets see what happens. When the series is over its over.   
wow..... like are you serious?    PCP  got you walkin' on water son...

before i even go off... first, I'm a sports analyst... then a fan.... and i like lebron...

lebron injured?.... boohoo.... i can name you 1 player, who had a BROKEN FINGER.... on his shooting hand... try sleeping with a broken finger... you'll wake up from rubbing it on your pillow.... that one player also had back spasms.... he also had MULTIPLE ankle injuries.... smh....he actually sat out b/c he had to....

and the 2nd bolded statement that i hilighted.... like c'mon.... i dont even think your serious right now... if so.... i really hope your Patrick Ewings age...... other than that... my view on it is different level of competition...

the 3rd statement bolded.... i really dont think your watching the lakers dawg... dont let SportsCenter be your outlet on your point of views.... take Kobe out of the laker squad... promise you lakers woulda been done in game 6/7 at Okla...

4th bold statement.... c'mon.... dont be finding an excuse now.... Rondo gave it to em that one game............ and Jesus Shuttlesworth wrist was healing wounds, Clutch like no other.

My conclusion on this... it aint got sh*t to do with the LBJ7s.....

just the fact that Zoom Air cant even save my dudes image right now... Yahoo's front page just gave it to him right now...

You literally just made me go to yahoo haha
nerd.gif

Nike deliberately create hype to market their shoes. Yes, they're just shoes, but of course people are going to get upset.

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

.... "compared to the VI, we cut it to almost HALF, and we're going to cut it back EVEN MORE for the next one"......... SMFH

Does "We" include 'I'? Maybe he just means "We" as in Nike. I doubt he has much input on what colorways get released or how. Designers are kept on a fairly short leash.
One or two of Pertie's designs have been 'improved' (made cheaper), they even cut Avar short at least once.

As for ID, Lebron doesn't like ID. If Pertie didn't want it on ID, and Lebron did, who do you think would get their way?

I doubt Pertie has much to do with what colorways are created, or where/how/when they're released.

If Lebron wanted certain colorways releaed, it would happen. Pertie is probalby a lot more restricted than some of us realise.

swingshot wrote:
Nike deliberately create hype to market their shoes. Yes, they're just shoes, but of course people are going to get upset.

mYKiCkZArEaG21 wrote:
.... "compared to the VI, we cut it to almost HALF, and we're going to cut it back EVEN MORE for the next one"......... SMFH

Does "We" include 'I'? Maybe he just means "We" as in Nike. I doubt he has much input on what colorways get released or how. Designers are kept on a fairly short leash.
One or two of Pertie's designs have been 'improved' (made cheaper), they even cut Avar short at least once.

As for ID, Lebron doesn't like ID. If Pertie didn't want it on ID, and Lebron did, who do you think would get their way?

I doubt Pertie has much to do with what colorways are created, or where/how/when they're released.

If Lebron wanted certain colorways releaed, it would happen. Pertie is probalby a lot more restricted than some of us realise.

I think you're right.

This isnt Gentry we are talking about. Petrie is a shoe nerd like the rest of us. You think he would think its cool to have so many unreleased colorways? I dont think so. 

I think Nike and LeBron's camp put alot restrictions on him. I wouldnt be surprised if the higher ups in Nike forced him to use the Air Max 360 for the LeBron line for marketing purposes. 

^omg! That's crack right therr son! smh @ nike not releasing those. VII = Fail

=P

Glad everyone is back on top!

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I wouldnt be surprised if the higher ups in Nike forced him to use the Air Max 360 for the LeBron line for marketing purposes. 

Wouldn't be the first time they stuck Air Max in a shoe to make it more marketable.

Going off topic a little, i'm not sure Gentry is entirely to blame for the way JB has gone either.

eek.gif
...just when you thought it was over...Taurasi PE's are kinda
pimp.gif

Time to show and prove tonight for Lebron, I think he just wanted to give up and show exactly how worthless Mike Browns decisions are...Brown needs to stop thinking hes a coach, and let Lebron do what he does, and put in whoever Lebron wants to play with whenever Lebron asks...
mad.gif

imo theres 0% chance that bron goes "international" after this season........ maybe if he won 3 in a row like MJ, then it would b a possibility

there is absolutely 00000000000000000% chance that either Lebron or Kobe go play ball internationally...his fan base is IN the US and then globally who the %##* is gonna watch any of those players in europe? anyone seen a Childress game yet? i haven't. i got NBA TV and League Pass and still haven't caught any of his games...is there gonna be a lebron and kobe channel? You really think nike can sell units based on kobe and lebron highlights on espn? You really think nike wants 2 of there biggest stars bybassing the US market and the NBA?

think about it...

It's been stated by Lebron that he would love to expand "his brand" overseas to become the World's Most popular player as MJ was..

Think about it.......

Teams would pay whatever price possible to lure Lebron away even if it's only for a season guaranteed..

Lebron could easily make 50-60 million in a one year contract overseas..teams won't do that over here nor could they even attempt to nowadays..

Lebron would b smart to expand his brand overseas..i guarantee we would see all his games too..

Back
Top Bottom