Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

Hi guys my name's Alex im from France ,wearing those BW since i had 11 years in 1991 ,im 36 now.

So , I owned the 2003 edition then the 2008 Persian edition (not the 2013 unfortunably).

Today i just receveid a pair of the 2016 edition ,wel wel well ....

Just as i imagine outside all the pictures you posted about, these 2016 edition HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL  !!!

Im surprised all the "experts" around have not noticed this one :

-The general form of the front shoe is totally ****** , missed , they are "circular" no that "sharp" or "pointed" like they suposed to be.

-The dimensions of the front strips are not the same from the previous (mesured it :smile:= )

-These 2016 have not these carectiristic litlle "arrow" on the midlle front strips (wich i believe are related to factory process) they surely changed it by the "ultra bw" process ?

-The tongue is ****** (really thin) compared to the REAL one .

-Once upper to the shoes it's hard to figure out wich side it is (ho it's the left or the right ? ) WTF :wow:

-Few minor factory bug (glue , paint around the air bubble , purple licra spotted) on mine.

Finally , im thinking sending back to Nike those "fake" or at least "GENERIC" BW , those 2016 BW persian loosed everything for me , im so so so disapointed ! ,:frown:

Here is my old worn 2008 VS the 2016 "chinese generic style" comprarison ,both are 10,5 US (44,5 FR) .

2r2174j.jpg

160d8hz.jpg

3482ii0.jpg

xe1rf8.jpg

k1z5lu.jpg

Hi guys my name's Alex im from France ,wearing those BW since i had 11 years in 1991 ,im 36 now.

So , I owned the 1991 , 2003 edition then the 2008 Persian edition (not the 2013 unfortunably).

Just as i imagined outside all the pictures you posted about, these 2016 edition HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL SHOES  !!!

-The general form of the front shoe is totally ****** , missed , they are "circular" no that "sharp" or "pointed" like they suposed to be.

-The dimensions of the front strips are not the same from the previous (mesured it :smile:= )

-These 2016 have not these carectiristic litlle "arrow" on the midlle front strips (wich i believe are related to factory process) they surely changed it by the "ultra bw" process ?

-The tongue is ****** (really thin) compared to the REAL one .

-Once upper to the shoes it's hard to figure out wich side it is (ho it's the left or the right ? ) WTF :wow:

-Few minor factory bug (glue , paint around the air bubble , purple licra spotted) on mine.

Finally , im thinking sending back to Nike those "fake" or at least "GENERIC" BW , those 2016 BW persian loosed everything for me , im so so so disapointed ! ,:frown:

Here is my old worn 2008 VS the 2016 "chinese generic style" comprarison ,both are 10,5 US (44,5 FR) .

Hope you'll understand my modest english speaking , what you think about guys ? :smile:

Last edited:
Nike quality control I think we all agree is f*cked apart from the occasional release these days. Most recent pair of huaraches I brought had two different shaped toe boxes and glue stains on both!

So , I owned the 1991 , 2003 edition then the 2008 Persian edition (not the 2013 unfortunably).

Just as i imagined outside all the pictures you posted about, these 2016 edition HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL SHOES  !!!

Hope you'll understand my modest english speaking , what you think about guys ? :smile:
hi Alex welcome here and thank you for your first useful contribution
wink.gif

its nothing new from Nike to change the shape at the upper from the shoes

sadly enough it also happened to the other air maxes like the AM90, 93, 94, 95 etc
sick.gif

a shoe with less material is cheaper to manufacture so that Nike can maximize their profits
mad.gif

mean.gif

Last edited:
Welcome Alex , that's just Nike at it again
smile.gif
Nike quality control I think we all agree is f*cked apart from the occasional release these days. Most recent pair of huaraches I brought had two different shaped toe boxes and glue stains on both!
hence my constant inconsistency with 90s.  og blocking is tight, while regular essential mesh is tts, but leather is big.  idk, i give up. 

For real though, I didn't realise just how different the tongues were in size, shocking!

It's not all about "quality" or quality control , they clearly changed the manufacturing  process ( all the 2016 persian look same) , never seen in my whole life (20 years wearing BW) any Nike BW like this .

All strips dimensions have been changed , the total length of the mesh is much longer then the original product, alright i already said everything , im so in anger now. 

Last edited:
hence my constant inconsistency with 90s.  og blocking is tight, while regular essential mesh is tts, but leather is big.  idk, i give up. 

But then some QS releases are completely on point and they draw you back in...thinking medicine ball AT3, Halloween am95 etc...

Im gonna write a letter to NikY USA , they cannot sell stuff that dont look to a Nike
mad.gif
I also reported it to the french site (Nike.fr) wich is based in Belgium.. (even their location is fake ..).

Even my fake TN's (conscientiously buy in Spain 40€) looks better, the general form is resptecd, thickness of tongue is equal to the pseudo "real BW" .
roll.gif

Check this out , we have 2 right shoes here, the BW look like a left at some points ,unbelievable ! OMG.

Edit :

Found on a french site : Look at that
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom