OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by lexflex81

Originally Posted by Jordan0589

They can get mad whatever they want but a general release for a few hundred bucks compared to their stacks aint nothin, if they still makin that much in 4 years they can buy multiple pairs at any given moment

what? 

if these do general release later on and the dudes who bought the auction ones shouldnt get mad cuz they got mad money to get another general release pair with no hesitation whatsoever

They can get mad whatever they want but a general release for a few hundred bucks compared to their stacks aint nothin, if they still makin that much in 4 years they can buy multiple pairs at any given moment

what? 

if these do general release later on and the dudes who bought the auction ones shouldnt get mad cuz they got mad money to get another general release pair with no hesitation whatsoever

what? 

oh yeah, true true. but I couldn't care less about the people copping this release. I care about us, this community, giving the people who have real love for this shoe a chance to own it

what? 

oh yeah, true true. but I couldn't care less about the people copping this release. I care about us, this community, giving the people who have real love for this shoe a chance to own it

what? 

A lot of people have real love for this shoe and it transcends just the sneaker community. If these were to release as a quickstrike, you would see so many people that aren't even into sneakers at all on release day. A lot of sneakerheads would miss out and resell prices would probably be just as crazy as these auction prices. People getting killed for foams, I couldn't even imagine what the scene would look like at stores for these.

what? 

A lot of people have real love for this shoe and it transcends just the sneaker community. If these were to release as a quickstrike, you would see so many people that aren't even into sneakers at all on release day. A lot of sneakerheads would miss out and resell prices would probably be just as crazy as these auction prices. People getting killed for foams, I couldn't even imagine what the scene would look like at stores for these.

eek.gif
 @ the prices...

i'm sorry, but this is TOO ILL looking.

this is exactly how i would rock them.

you can totally see the inspiration for yeezys here:

6129440975_d41f455724.jpg

just wish it showed the whole shoe.

i'm sorry, but this is TOO ILL looking.

this is exactly how i would rock them.

you can totally see the inspiration for yeezys here:

6129440975_d41f455724.jpg

just wish it showed the whole shoe.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Its sad to to see MJF like this. I'm sure people who have the money will have 0 problems dropping money for such a good cause.
Can't wait to see 'Ye rock these 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Its sad to to see MJF like this. I'm sure people who have the money will have 0 problems dropping money for such a good cause.
Can't wait to see 'Ye rock these 
nerd.gif

^
that's super sick. I can def see what proto's been raving about the unlaced look.
damn!

I like the moonboot look yet for earth. LOL
damn.

THEORY #1
There's no way in hell they will not release this in 2015. It's too
cool and nostalgic and AMAZING to pass up. So my guess is, it will look
LIKE the Air Mags BUT will be completely wearable. These shoes being
auctioned off right now is a prop basically that you can wear at your own
risk. They will release a wearable auto lacing version (with or without lights)
that's comfy, and most likely for basketball or skateboarding.

Imagine the Hyperdunk McFlys ONLY with auto lacing. I mean in
2015, who knows? I can also see a lower cut Air Mag made for skateboard.
Very faithful to the original Air Mag's use for the hoverboard.

^
that's super sick. I can def see what proto's been raving about the unlaced look.
damn!

I like the moonboot look yet for earth. LOL
damn.

THEORY #1
There's no way in hell they will not release this in 2015. It's too
cool and nostalgic and AMAZING to pass up. So my guess is, it will look
LIKE the Air Mags BUT will be completely wearable. These shoes being
auctioned off right now is a prop basically that you can wear at your own
risk. They will release a wearable auto lacing version (with or without lights)
that's comfy, and most likely for basketball or skateboarding.

Imagine the Hyperdunk McFlys ONLY with auto lacing. I mean in
2015, who knows? I can also see a lower cut Air Mag made for skateboard.
Very faithful to the original Air Mag's use for the hoverboard.

Dude...

nike-hyperdunk-mcfly-back-to-the-future-2015-confirmed-main.jpg

These? Look terrible. If Nike released these with auto lacing, they'd flop, guaranteed. There is no cool factor with this shoe, looks as plain jane as any other generic sneaker out there, save for the cheap materials and quality.

Dude...

These? Look terrible. If Nike released these with auto lacing, they'd flop, guaranteed. There is no cool factor with this shoe, looks as plain jane as any other generic sneaker out there, save for the cheap materials and quality.

After seeing M. J. Fox on Letterman I hope they make a huge amount of money off this. I hate to see him like that. He's handling it very well though, still full of life and laughter. Ive accepted the fact I may never own the shoe of my dreams. I'll keep my hopes up for 2015. As sad as it is, this release made me take a look back at all the bad decisions and mistakes I've made over the past decade or so. Hell, bad decisions I've made this year. I should be bidding with confidence instead of playing the spectator role. All I can think of is that Nas line from Still Dreaming, "dwelling on the past when you were alright, when you was getting cash but wasn't too bright". I'm not saying this will be my motivation, my kids are all the motivation I need. But prior to having kids I got caught up and lost my drive to have more. Living>Surviving

After seeing M. J. Fox on Letterman I hope they make a huge amount of money off this. I hate to see him like that. He's handling it very well though, still full of life and laughter. Ive accepted the fact I may never own the shoe of my dreams. I'll keep my hopes up for 2015. As sad as it is, this release made me take a look back at all the bad decisions and mistakes I've made over the past decade or so. Hell, bad decisions I've made this year. I should be bidding with confidence instead of playing the spectator role. All I can think of is that Nas line from Still Dreaming, "dwelling on the past when you were alright, when you was getting cash but wasn't too bright". I'm not saying this will be my motivation, my kids are all the motivation I need. But prior to having kids I got caught up and lost my drive to have more. Living>Surviving

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Dude...

I'm still glad I have my pair. That's just me though.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Dude...

I'm still glad I have my pair. That's just me though.

I dunno, as much as it is a good thing that the proceeds go to charity this feels like a slap in the face to the true "sneakerhead". I mean, the people that have lobbied and petitioned for this shoe to be released, the people who have been waiting with baited breath for over 20 years, they suddenly miss out on getting a pair of these. Because let's be honest; how many of us on this board REALLY have $4000,- lying around to spend on a pair of shoes (that are not wearable may I add), I mean really? They could have just released this as a QS, hell even as a GR with a slightly price-tag and still donated the proceeds. The more you sell, the more you make, right?

^This

Originally Posted by blacklion23

^^ Couldn't have said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom