OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by lexflex81

I dunno, as much as it is a good thing that the proceeds go to charity this feels like a slap in the face to the true "sneakerhead". I mean, the people that have lobbied and petitioned for this shoe to be released, the people who have been waiting with baited breath for over 20 years, they suddenly miss out on getting a pair of these. Because let's be honest; how many of us on this board REALLY have $4000,- lying around to spend on a pair of shoes (that are not wearable may I add), I mean really? They could have just released this as a QS, hell even as a GR with a slightly price-tag and still donated the proceeds. The more you sell, the more you make, right?

^This

Originally Posted by blacklion23

After seeing M. J. Fox on Letterman I hope they make a huge amount of money off this. I hate to see him like that. He's handling it very well though, still full of life and laughter. Ive accepted the fact I may never own the shoe of my dreams. I'll keep my hopes up for 2015. As sad as it is, this release made me take a look back at all the bad decisions and mistakes I've made over the past decade or so. Hell, bad decisions I've made this year. I should be bidding with confidence instead of playing the spectator role. All I can think of is that Nas line from Still Dreaming, "dwelling on the past when you were alright, when you was getting cash but wasn't too bright". I'm not saying this will be my motivation, my kids are all the motivation I need. But prior to having kids I got caught up and lost my drive to have more. Living>Surviving

^^ Couldn't have said it better.

the tongue on this retro(2011) is no where near the same height as OG(movie stills). They would look totally different w/ the loose fit style. regardless... I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE!!!!!

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Originally Posted by MDkicks

I would never wear these shoes first of all. But I definitely respect te fact that they are for charity. I disrespect ignorant people who want to flip them for a profit. Thats awful. Don't bid on them if that's what u want. Let someone who will pay top dollar to have them at thier house to replicate a good deed they did. And I hope that if you do get your 4 pairs for 5k each that you try to sell them and the highest bids are $500. There's other way to make money. Reselling shoes for profit is cheap and pathetic. I could NEVER sell a pair of my shoes for a penny over retail. Get a real job, or gamble your money in Vegas, or be an angel investor. Do something constructive with your money. This is not a pair of shoes to be a reseller.

laugh.gif
at this guy hurting over a pair of sneakers...they're just sneakers man...plus the guy who buys five pairs of these is donating more money to charity than almost all NTers have in their life...let the guy do his thing

Excuse you, guy, nobodys "hurting". It's my opinion that it's just not righ and ridiculous. I know plenty of people who donate to charity, volunteer, and work on community projects and nobody does it for profit. But then again I bet the guy isn't Even bidding on them nor will he win them so it's whatever.

the tongue on this retro(2011) is no where near the same height as OG(movie stills). They would look totally different w/ the loose fit style. regardless... I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE!!!!!

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Originally Posted by MDkicks

I would never wear these shoes first of all. But I definitely respect te fact that they are for charity. I disrespect ignorant people who want to flip them for a profit. Thats awful. Don't bid on them if that's what u want. Let someone who will pay top dollar to have them at thier house to replicate a good deed they did. And I hope that if you do get your 4 pairs for 5k each that you try to sell them and the highest bids are $500. There's other way to make money. Reselling shoes for profit is cheap and pathetic. I could NEVER sell a pair of my shoes for a penny over retail. Get a real job, or gamble your money in Vegas, or be an angel investor. Do something constructive with your money. This is not a pair of shoes to be a reseller.

laugh.gif
at this guy hurting over a pair of sneakers...they're just sneakers man...plus the guy who buys five pairs of these is donating more money to charity than almost all NTers have in their life...let the guy do his thing

Excuse you, guy, nobodys "hurting". It's my opinion that it's just not righ and ridiculous. I know plenty of people who donate to charity, volunteer, and work on community projects and nobody does it for profit. But then again I bet the guy isn't Even bidding on them nor will he win them so it's whatever.

Horrible idea the way they put it on eBay with no extra registration. So many deadbeats. I doubt a lot of these prices are even real.

Horrible idea the way they put it on eBay with no extra registration. So many deadbeats. I doubt a lot of these prices are even real.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Dude...

nike-hyperdunk-mcfly-back-to-the-future-2015-confirmed-main.jpg

These? Look terrible. If Nike released these with auto lacing, they'd flop, guaranteed. There is no cool factor with this shoe, looks as plain jane as any other generic sneaker out there, save for the cheap materials and quality.
how is this plain?
nike-hyperdunk-2015.jpg

nike-hyperdunk-2010-mcfly-03.jpg

I don't know. And another thing, have you been living under a rock? They sold out and people WANTED these. so I don't know
what you're talking about these not working because THEY ALREADY DID. Can you check ebay as to how much they're fetching?
A power lacing version would be cherry on top.
sick.gif

anyway, that's not the point. What I'm trying to say is that they will release SOMETHING wearable with auto lacing.
Something LIKE the hyperdunks and would be wearable and functional for basketball. Unlike these things that you can't really use
everyday.

For obvious reasons they shouldn't release these again in 2015. That would be a rip off. So doing a fully functional version that looks different
would be logical. IMO
smile.gif

Dude...

nike-hyperdunk-mcfly-back-to-the-future-2015-confirmed-main.jpg

These? Look terrible. If Nike released these with auto lacing, they'd flop, guaranteed. There is no cool factor with this shoe, looks as plain jane as any other generic sneaker out there, save for the cheap materials and quality.
how is this plain?
nike-hyperdunk-2015.jpg

nike-hyperdunk-2010-mcfly-03.jpg

I don't know. And another thing, have you been living under a rock? They sold out and people WANTED these. so I don't know
what you're talking about these not working because THEY ALREADY DID. Can you check ebay as to how much they're fetching?
A power lacing version would be cherry on top.
sick.gif

anyway, that's not the point. What I'm trying to say is that they will release SOMETHING wearable with auto lacing.
Something LIKE the hyperdunks and would be wearable and functional for basketball. Unlike these things that you can't really use
everyday.

For obvious reasons they shouldn't release these again in 2015. That would be a rip off. So doing a fully functional version that looks different
would be logical. IMO
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

-Tinker
laugh.gif

Chances are the shoe with "power lace tech" will look like a Prius, aka ugly as #@%^.

Yeah right Tinker and the moon is made out of cheese also. Listen Nike props to you giving ebay the first round of shoes and getting all this money for the Parkinson's foundation, my dad has Parkinson's so I am glad this is being done but to say that they will never be released again to the public is just nonsense. You will see in time they will incorporate some type of lace system etc and release them again. It's all about the $ Tinker and you know it, if the main boss says release them again I need to add a west wing to my castle then Nike will just do that. In time I believe they will release it to us all and if not hey you can still donate $ that you had for the shoe to the Parkinson's charity or any other charity that is out there.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Are there any plans to ever release them as a regular release later on in the future?

No. To preserve the value of what people will spend for these shoes and the money that will — and hopefully, again, that’ll be as much as we can get for each shoe, so the amount of money to charity is the most we can come up with — In order to preserve that, we’re not going to re-release this shoe and we’re not going to commercialize it any further. What you will see, though, probably sometime in the future is that there will be some– this shoe has already helped inspire some unique design features on some new shoes and we are committed to designing shoes in the future that do come alive and do sense your body and do certain things, so this is a precursor to the future of probably all athletic shoes we design.

-Tinker
laugh.gif

Chances are the shoe with "power lace tech" will look like a Prius, aka ugly as #@%^.

Yeah right Tinker and the moon is made out of cheese also. Listen Nike props to you giving ebay the first round of shoes and getting all this money for the Parkinson's foundation, my dad has Parkinson's so I am glad this is being done but to say that they will never be released again to the public is just nonsense. You will see in time they will incorporate some type of lace system etc and release them again. It's all about the $ Tinker and you know it, if the main boss says release them again I need to add a west wing to my castle then Nike will just do that. In time I believe they will release it to us all and if not hey you can still donate $ that you had for the shoe to the Parkinson's charity or any other charity that is out there.

dude in here who is thinking about flipping these for a profit should get banned and jump off a bridge

scumbag

dude in here who is thinking about flipping these for a profit should get banned and jump off a bridge

scumbag

After seeing M. J. Fox on Letterman I hope they make a huge amount of money off this. I hate to see him like that. He's handling it very well though, still full of life and laughter. Ive accepted the fact I may never own the shoe of my dreams. I'll keep my hopes up for 2015. As sad as it is, this release made me take a look back at all the bad decisions and mistakes I've made over the past decade or so. Hell, bad decisions I've made this year. I should be bidding with confidence instead of playing the spectator role. All I can think of is that Nas line from Still Dreaming, "dwelling on the past when you were alright, when you was getting cash but wasn't too bright". I'm not saying this will be my motivation, my kids are all the motivation I need. But prior to having kids I got caught up and lost my drive to have more. Living>Surviving
all of this.
tired.gif

all of this.
tired.gif

I'm glad that all of the proceeds go to Michael J. Fox's Foundation.

But...

I'm actually quite disappointed in Tinker Hatfield. As a fellow Architect/Engineer...he has had plenty of time to design, redesign and perfect the power lacing system.

Its been done by amateurs with little to no budgets and he has all of Nike's money and resources at his disposal. It's not like he's been working hard on any new releases for Jordan Brand, they've been releasing the same garbage retro crap for years.

All in all, great for charity.

I'm glad that all of the proceeds go to Michael J. Fox's Foundation.

But...

I'm actually quite disappointed in Tinker Hatfield. As a fellow Architect/Engineer...he has had plenty of time to design, redesign and perfect the power lacing system.

Its been done by amateurs with little to no budgets and he has all of Nike's money and resources at his disposal. It's not like he's been working hard on any new releases for Jordan Brand, they've been releasing the same garbage retro crap for years.

All in all, great for charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom