OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cambosk

Originally Posted by Dc30

Originally Posted by mytran80

i'm getting jean stains on the white leather top piece of the mags if i wear my jeans tucked in, i thought i wouldn't have any problems since my jeans were old and has been washed many times , i think the soft leather are sensitive to stains and may absorb it easily . had to use oil to rub it off every time ,anybody else have this issue ?

Same thing happened to me each time I wore my Mags as well. It's just the fact that the white leather is very sensitive and soft. I used regular Foot Locker sneaker cleaner to scrub it out and the stains came out each time. First pair of jeans I wore were black that had been washed many times, but didn't matter. Stains came out great. 2nd pair I wore was a dark blue, those stains didn't come out as easily and there are some traces left. But no big deal, I'll probably wear them again and I don't plan on selling them, so some "personality" is fine by me!
Are you guys tucking your jeans straight into the shoes, or cuffing them first and then tucking them in? I have been cuffing mine and haven't had any staining issues yet...

Both pairs I have cuffed and tucked the cuff into the shoe, so only the inside of the jean has been touching the collar...it's not a huge deal, but if I can minimize it I would prefer it. Maybe try another pair or 2 of jeans though...you never know.

Originally Posted by Cambosk

i'm getting jean stains on the white leather top piece of the mags if i wear my jeans tucked in, i thought i wouldn't have any problems since my jeans were old and has been washed many times , i think the soft leather are sensitive to stains and may absorb it easily . had to use oil to rub it off every time ,anybody else have this issue ?

Same thing happened to me each time I wore my Mags as well. It's just the fact that the white leather is very sensitive and soft. I used regular Foot Locker sneaker cleaner to scrub it out and the stains came out each time. First pair of jeans I wore were black that had been washed many times, but didn't matter. Stains came out great. 2nd pair I wore was a dark blue, those stains didn't come out as easily and there are some traces left. But no big deal, I'll probably wear them again and I don't plan on selling them, so some "personality" is fine by me!
Are you guys tucking your jeans straight into the shoes, or cuffing them first and then tucking them in? I have been cuffing mine and haven't had any staining issues yet...

Both pairs I have cuffed and tucked the cuff into the shoe, so only the inside of the jean has been touching the collar...it's not a huge deal, but if I can minimize it I would prefer it. Maybe try another pair or 2 of jeans though...you never know.

You know guys I really wish Nike would create an owners thread for the mags so we talk about all kinds of Nike mag related stuff like even a technical thread to share repair tutorials , modification , battery information / preservation , coloring , cleaning etc ...

Now that you mention it, I was kind of hoping that the Back4theFuture site had a little more on it for those who got them. Maybe a directory of owners or something, not that I know what we'd do with it, but hey...something is better than nothing. The map of the US and the number of pairs per state is cool, but maybe a little more. Owner profiles or collection pix...something. Oh well...just happy these damn shoes got made in the first place, beggers can't be choosers! 
glasses.gif

You know guys I really wish Nike would create an owners thread for the mags so we talk about all kinds of Nike mag related stuff like even a technical thread to share repair tutorials , modification , battery information / preservation , coloring , cleaning etc ...

Now that you mention it, I was kind of hoping that the Back4theFuture site had a little more on it for those who got them. Maybe a directory of owners or something, not that I know what we'd do with it, but hey...something is better than nothing. The map of the US and the number of pairs per state is cool, but maybe a little more. Owner profiles or collection pix...something. Oh well...just happy these damn shoes got made in the first place, beggers can't be choosers! 
glasses.gif

glasses.gif

Oh lord speaking of back4thefutre , I forgot to register my shoes lol I should get right on it. The map is cool and I agree we need more! Give us a small forum or even a photo gallery for owners
smile.gif
but I must say having a dedicated forum is a great way to build up a true Nike mag community , I sure hope Nike is listening ......

glasses.gif

Oh lord speaking of back4thefutre , I forgot to register my shoes lol I should get right on it. The map is cool and I agree we need more! Give us a small forum or even a photo gallery for owners
smile.gif
but I must say having a dedicated forum is a great way to build up a true Nike mag community , I sure hope Nike is listening ......

What I love about this thread is that so many of you that were lucky enough to get them have rocked them.  I thought before the release we would only see these on the feet of celebs.  It is awesome that you guys are actually wearing them!  It makes me less upset that I did not get a pair.

Keep rockin on!

What I love about this thread is that so many of you that were lucky enough to get them have rocked them.  I thought before the release we would only see these on the feet of celebs.  It is awesome that you guys are actually wearing them!  It makes me less upset that I did not get a pair.

Keep rockin on!

I haven't followed this release.  But is there a way for you to replace the battery when the shoe stops lighting up?

I haven't followed this release.  But is there a way for you to replace the battery when the shoe stops lighting up?

Originally Posted by shogun

This question was answered a while back I believe. One of the NT'ers emailed Nike customer service asking the same thing and they said that the battery ISN'T replaceable. But at 3,000 hrs approx of battery time...should be good for the life of the shoe, considering most people don't keep them lit all the time. I have worn them out 4 times and only really turned them on while out. Battery only died once while I wore them to work, and that was from 6am till noon. Not a bad run straight through. Aside from that, when they are in my display case they aren't turned on at all...unless I get the urge to pop on the power and stare lol. 
tongue.gif

This question was answered a while back I believe. One of the NT'ers emailed Nike customer service asking the same thing and they said that the battery ISN'T replaceable. But at 3,000 hrs approx of battery time...should be good for the life of the shoe, considering most people don't keep them lit all the time. I have worn them out 4 times and only really turned them on while out. Battery only died once while I wore them to work, and that was from 6am till noon. Not a bad run straight through. Aside from that, when they are in my display case they aren't turned on at all...unless I get the urge to pop on the power and stare lol. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by xfile 11

Keep rockin on!
My thoughts exactly!! While I appreciate that Cudi wore them on Conan and they were the subject of the first half of the interview, all us "regular" people, for the most part have worn them as well. You owe it to yourself to do it if you own a pair. I posted a story of a night out with them on the last page or 2, and I'm hoping to wear them out again. And if Christmas comes around and some pairs are left on eBay for some somewhat "respectable" prices...might just cop #2 and REALLY wear my original pair!

Originally Posted by xfile 11

Keep rockin on!
My thoughts exactly!! While I appreciate that Cudi wore them on Conan and they were the subject of the first half of the interview, all us "regular" people, for the most part have worn them as well. You owe it to yourself to do it if you own a pair. I posted a story of a night out with them on the last page or 2, and I'm hoping to wear them out again. And if Christmas comes around and some pairs are left on eBay for some somewhat "respectable" prices...might just cop #2 and REALLY wear my original pair!

tongue.gif

I remember looking at the manual and the battery disclosure states 3,000 hours " IF UNWORN" , anybody know what that really means ?It'll be nice to have someone on here that knows about Lithium-ion battery preservation to give us some tips on how to maximize the lifespan of the battery .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom