OFFICIAL NIKE AIR MAG THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the best time to buy is in the middle because the last day people might go frantic since it there last chance

i think the best time to buy is in the middle because the last day people might go frantic since it there last chance

i think nike's just saying that to cover their butts. but they wouldn't have added extra foam for comfort, made them resistant to sweat to protect the electronics, and stuff like that, had they not intended for people to wear them at all.

i think they're just saying don't go wildin' out in these and expect the lights to keep working.

That's possible.  We will find out soon enough....somebody is gonna try wearing them.  I just know if I had a pair I'm not going to be the first.

i think nike's just saying that to cover their butts. but they wouldn't have added extra foam for comfort, made them resistant to sweat to protect the electronics, and stuff like that, had they not intended for people to wear them at all.

i think they're just saying don't go wildin' out in these and expect the lights to keep working.

That's possible.  We will find out soon enough....somebody is gonna try wearing them.  I just know if I had a pair I'm not going to be the first.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Ron... Id go in in the middle to a few days before the 10th day. IMO the middle people will already have pairs and the bidding will have slowed down. The last few days the people that dont have pairs might go in feeling this is their last chance to bid on these.

My .02
Completely agree. When I graph the data points I'm almost positive it will be a reverse bell curve. The best days to buy will be Day 5 and  Day 6 IMO.

If you do plan on bidding, bid late, and dont just plug in an absurd proxy. As you can see in the Size 11's for example yesterday, the top pair sold for $10,200 while the remaining 29 pairs sold for an avg of $4,399.23. Looks like a couple of guys just kept going at it over that specific pair and the "winner" ended up paying much higher than avg market value. Don't end up being that guy. 

Originally Posted by s dubl

Ron... Id go in in the middle to a few days before the 10th day. IMO the middle people will already have pairs and the bidding will have slowed down. The last few days the people that dont have pairs might go in feeling this is their last chance to bid on these.

My .02
Completely agree. When I graph the data points I'm almost positive it will be a reverse bell curve. The best days to buy will be Day 5 and  Day 6 IMO.

If you do plan on bidding, bid late, and dont just plug in an absurd proxy. As you can see in the Size 11's for example yesterday, the top pair sold for $10,200 while the remaining 29 pairs sold for an avg of $4,399.23. Looks like a couple of guys just kept going at it over that specific pair and the "winner" ended up paying much higher than avg market value. Don't end up being that guy. 

Originally Posted by KryptiX

really considering placing a bid for these.

it'll be interesting to see what the prices will do in the next couple of days.

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

s dubl wrote:

My .02

man, the graphs/stats are much appreciated please keep it coming
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by KryptiX

really considering placing a bid for these.

it'll be interesting to see what the prices will do in the next couple of days.

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

s dubl wrote:

My .02

man, the graphs/stats are much appreciated please keep it coming
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I'm not so sure about getting these anymore. Steve, an admin over on ISS, he held them in his hands, said he doesn't think I could wear them all loose like as shown how Marty Mcfly has them unlaced in my avatar pic.

That look is what I like about 'em. If I were forced to keep them all tight all the way up my lower shin, I don't think I'd like that look personally, and I'd end up never wearing them.

Hopefully when they implement auto-lacing it will be an option, cuz I have a feeling, despite what tinker said in that interview, Nike won't be able to resist re-releasing these in 2015 with auto-lacing. This shoe has single handedly made more news for them than anything in many years, they won't be able resist doing it all over again in 4 years. They'll just be modified somehow, like hopefully a mid-cut or something... It's not like they haven't said they'd never retro something but ended up doing it anyways. If they change 'em a 'lil bit they won't have a problem saying screw it, you guys who dropped mega dough on the 2011 version should get over it, you helped a great cause.

I fully expect a new petition for a 2015 version from a lot of salty people who've wanted 'em for years now and these prices are out of their league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom