OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: R.I.P Jacoby Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bears making a move like that is weird to me. They are borderline needing to go into full rebuild mode. I get they have money to spend but I don’t think Sweat elevates their team to any level near contention.
The Bears gave up Roquan last year, then traded a 2nd for Claypool, just to trade ANOTHER 2nd for Sweat?

Yeah was gonna say that’s 2 straight years now of giving up high draft picks like they’re all-in on a playoff run :lol:

Also, not a Cowherd fan but yesterday he made I thought a good point on their team. Going to be tough to resign Kirk coming off that injury. Why aren’t they blowing the team up and going after a QB in the draft. They could trade Hunter likely for a first. He had the crazy idea to trade JJ, and I don’t think he is wrong. Addison is great to pair up with a young QB and they might be able to get 2 1st rounders for JJ. That is potentially 3 extra first round picks over the next 2 years to go all in on a rebuild.

Not necessary. Vikings are a good team with a young, talented and I can finally say, a good offensive line. Only need a guard and an RB. If you trade JJ, you again need to spend resources looking for a #2. Rebuilding doesn't have to take long in today's NFL...there's also now a possibility Kirk returns at a lower number given his injury. I just don't see how trading the best WR in the game is beneficial. Hunter will leave next season freeing up $...possibly Harrison. They can use FA and the normal set of draft picks to improve the defense - which is actually one of the best in the NFL the last few weeks, lowkey.

Not necessary. Vikings are a good team with a young, talented and I can finally say, a good offensive line. Only need a guard and an RB. If you trade JJ, you again need to spend resources looking for a #2. Rebuilding doesn't have to take long in today's NFL...there's also now a possibility Kirk returns at a lower number given his injury. I just don't see how trading the best WR in the game is beneficial. Hunter will leave next season freeing up $...possibly Harrison. They can use FA and the normal set of draft picks to improve the defense - which is actually one of the best in the NFL the last few weeks, lowkey.
The Vikings are a … good team? I don’t really disagree with any of the other sentences but ain’t no way they’re a good team.

The Vikings are a … good team? I don’t really disagree with any of the other sentences but ain’t no way they’re a good team.

WC at the moment. Top tier offense and improving defense. Yes, now that the turnover bug has ceased, they are a good team. Believe it or not.

Huge caveat now is no QB...but Kirk was about to be in the MVP convo.

The way the Vikes started looking, they legit had a chance to win 6 straight before the game with the Bengals. O-line was playing great and just like 651akathepaul 651akathepaul said, if they had a decent run game they'd be formidable against any team.

Only QB I'd be interested in seeing with them is maybe Jameis. Still want them to get a DT or DE too.

WC at the moment. Top tier offense and improving defense. Yes, now that the turnover bug has ceased, they are a good team. Believe it or not.

Huge caveat now is no QB...but Kirk was about to be in the MVP convo.
Yea, but WC more because the NFC outside of the Top 4 teams is pretty bad. We prob just have different definitions of what good is because that’s a classic purgatory team, IMO. Too good to be really bad, and not close to good enough to actually make noise. And that was before Kirk’s injury

Yea, but WC more because the NFC outside of the Top 4 teams is pretty bad. We prob just have different definitions of what good is because that’s a classic purgatory team, IMO. Too good to be really bad, and not close to good enough to actually make noise. And that was before Kirk’s injury

Yes, definitions. Not a sturdy SB contender, but they've shown they can hang with all the big boys (Eagles/Chiefs) and probably beat them on any given Sunday (49ers). That's a good team, imo.

2-0 in the division and 2 left vs. Detroit. We will see.

Edit: Ian Rappaport just said, "the Vikings are good, their roster is good." So ha! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom