OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiders fan is starting a GoFundMe to help bridge that $5M gap between Kaep & Broncos 
laugh.gif

Raiders really hate Kaep. He's accomplished more than their franchise has in the last five years. That's brutal.

Brick retiring really shouldn't be a shocker

I just hope this doesn't lead us to giving Fitz more money than we originally planned :lol:

Kaep blows and always has. It was that nasty 9ers defense putting in work

It would be the same in Denver but i still wouldnt restructure my contract. If he restructures and plays terribly like
He probably will, then what?

No way Kaep should give up 14 million for basically a 1 year $7 million deal. I'm all for betting on yourself, but there's being smart and being stupid. I'd bet on myself at 14 million on a bad team than for 7 million on a decent team.

This all happened because of his piss poor QB play. Kaep should be happy any team even wants him and is wiling to trade or give him those contracts. Lets not forget how garbage this guy played and it could continue and get worse.

I see what your doing Kaep...the jig is up and he knows it :lol:

damn brick.

only UVA player I like 
laugh.gif
Same.

And Ronde. Tiki played for my team and I ******* hated him. Only player I dislike more on the Giants was Shockey
I think they just hate the Broncos
laugh.gif
My dad is a lifelong Raiders fan. Can confirm he hates Kaepernick but the Broncos are by far his least favorite team. He shows respect to the 49ers rivalry but absolutely despises the Broncos. Kinda like me and the Cowboys.

F the cowboys

Last edited:
as bomani said (im paraphrasing since I cant remember the exact quote) "he saw how he played last year, he would be a sucker to bet on himself.. why give up the sure thing.. why"

Exactly, he would be a fool to leave 7M on the table in the NFL. This isn't your corporate day job we're talking about here.

I don't even think the 2nd year Denver is offering is guaranteed.

If he wets the bed in Denver next season, then what? Lose out on an additional 7M and go sign somewhere as a backup for about 3M? Nah b.

Last edited:
Same.
And Ronde. Tiki played for my team and I ******* hated him. Only player I dislike more on the Giants was Shockey
My dad is a lifelong Raiders fan. Can confirm he hates Kaepernick but the Broncos are by far his least favorite team. He shows respect to the 49ers rivalry but absolutely despises the Broncos. Kinda like me and the Cowboys.
F the cowboys

How does he feel about Pitt :nerd:

Last edited:
Kaep's greatest accomplishment is that Beats commercial

Not reaching the SB or that playoff game in GB?

We've seen Kaep do great things and awful things. The last two years, he was average or bad but so was the team. Harbaugh was having issues with everyone. Last year they hired a waterboy to coach. He's been in a bad situation the last two years. He deserves just as much blame. Seems like an idiot that can't read defenses and makes bad decisions but a change could be what he needs. Taking a 5 or 7 million dollar pay cut is a lot. Elway knows SF wants to get rid of him and they're trying to play him. I know it's a business but Elway is getting carried away.

Kaeps mastery of the Packers up until last year is his shining accomplishment in my eyes :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah Kaep had a nice little Super Bowl run riding the coat tails of the defense. Every once in a while he would have a good gAme, throw a big pass, or break out for a big run. Sounds a little bit like Tebow's career

Point is he's not good enough to take less to play elsewhere and feel like that's a sound financial decision. Take that money

You can try to force your opinion but it doesn't change how I feel or what I would do in his situation

I left a job I hated to go to another job I loved for less money, I'm no pro athlete but I'd rather be happy at the end of the day then be miserable

He wanted to be traded to the Jets, they won't pay Fitz so he would have surely taken a pay cut to go there
See man, I'm with you on your larger point. I'm not one of those dudes who prioritize money over everything else in life. I don't believe in waking up every day full of misery because you're dreading going to work.

Kaep's situation is not comparable though, it's a unique business with a different set of rules.

And who says Kaep really wants out there that bad anyway? Because he doesn't trust the GM? SF might not be his first choice anymore, but I know he's got a fresh start this year with a QB guru coming in trying to "fix" him. Why not make that same bet on yourself with Chip and not lose out on $7M in the process? The risk is there no matter what if he stays or goes. 

What gets me about this whole thing is sort of what bugged me with the Jets & Fitzpatrick. These teams aren't going broke any time soon, making more money than ever with these TV deals, yet their lowball offers are so ridiculous it's basically disrespectful. Nah man.

Work with me on a reasonable solution to fit me under your cap if you want me that bad. Even if you like a certain situation, you have to stand up for yourself and not get finessed out of your own money.

Last edited:
This all happened because of his piss poor QB play. Kaep should be happy any team even wants him and is wiling to trade or give him those contracts. Lets not forget how garbage this guy played and it could continue and get worse.

I see what your doing Kaep...the jig is up and he knows it :lol:

Don't get it twisted...that contract was very advantageous for the Niners. He coulda took them for a lot more but he wanted to give the team flexibility to keep bringing on talent around him. Why should he have to sacrifice on the front end and the back end?

I'm all for players wielding leverage earned through a contract or stellar play. In a league where contracts aren't gauranteed and you could be cut tommorrow...get your paper while you can. John Elway...you want Kaepernick's services... then you need to pay the man.

Last edited:
anyone hear rumors of CBS trying to replace Phil Sims with Peyton? dude at work talking about it but I can't find anything

If Kaep wants his money then stop trying to find a trade partner and commit to the 49ers

You can't have it both ways, Elway isn't gonna budge and they are the only team that wants him

I see what your doing Kaep...the jig is up and he knows it
laugh.gif
Don't get it twisted...that contract was very advantageous for the Niners. He coulda took them for a lot more but he wanted to give the team flexibility to keep bringing on talent around him. Why should he have to sacrifice on the front end and the back end?

I'm all for players wielding leverage earned through a contract or stellar play. In a league where contracts aren't gauranteed and you could be cut tommorrow...get your paper while you can. John Elway...you want Kaepernick's services... then you need to pay the man.
Exactly. Agree w/ everything here and you're absolutely right about the Niners contract.

How does he feel about Pitt
nerd.gif
He probably hates Denver, New England, Kansas City, 49ers, then Chargers in that order before Pitt.

Mostly Denver and New England though. 
nerd.gif

Just like I hate Green Bay more than the Deadskins or the Eagles because we've played against them in the playoffs multiple times in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom