OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that Fitztragic showed up in the season finale, but...

Ryan Fitzpatrick finished last season with 31 TD passes, tied with another player for 10th in the league. The other player is the best QB in the world.

Ryan plays the premium position in the entire sport. The wage scale is different for QB's and always will be.

If you exclude QB's still on their rookie contract and those who had season-ending injuries (Luck and Romo), every other QB within 10 TD's of Fitzpatrick final total is worth at least $16M for this upcoming season.

So if you finished with 21 or more TD passes, and you're not on a rookie deal, there's at least a $16 million cap hit attached to your name for 2016. So he's well within his right to throw that out as a first offer.

But you, I, the Jets, and everyone else knows he's not worth $16M average per season at this stage of his career.

The Jets are offering him HALF of that though. That's disrespectful.

He knows he ain't getting $16M. Which is why he's willing to meet in the middle at $12M and bet on himself with a one year contract.

Jets still ain't budging. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too with that very, very, very team-friendly 3 year deal they're currently offering.

Sorry...I'm with Fitz on this one.

Last edited:
I'm all for the players getting money because the owners are getting billions but Fitz isn't one of those players I will ever side with. He's been mediocre his entire career. If Marshall gets hurt, Fitz numbers will go way down. Fitz being greedy and no one wants him but Denver and they offered him less than the Jets.

How bad is the jets cap?

Seems like that's one of the reasons their playing this game.

Give him 12 Millie and keep it moving.

picgifs-doctor-who-575013.gif

It's up for concern, let's put it that way :lol:

Listen I like Fitz and his one year run for us was appreciated.

But a mediroce / average QB is stop a top 16 - 20 QB when you think about it in the NFL.

For every other position if your top 15/20 your damn near great on the verge of elite at that spot.

It's obvious that Geno / Fitz aren't the long term fixes.

Petty is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

And you can't really throw Hack into the fire cause you might ruin the kid.

Jets have basically put themselfs in this corner.

Listen I like Fitz and his one year run for us was appreciated.

But a mediroce / average QB is stop a top 16 - 20 QB when you think about it in the NFL.

For every other position if your top 15/20 your damn near great on the verge of elite at that spot.

It's obvious that Geno / Fitz aren't the long term fixes.

Petty is 2 years away from being 2 years away.

And you can't really throw Hack into the fire cause you might ruin the kid.

Jets have basically put themselfs in this corner.

i am confuse

Steelers players pick Ravens over Bengals as their top rival
12:43 PM PT
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers won't give the Cincinnati Bengals the satisfaction of coming in first place in anything.

The on-field theatrics of last season were not enough for Cincinnati to usurp the Baltimore Ravens as the Steelers' top rival, two starting players said at organized team activities this week.

no respect :lol:

makes sense though

Last edited:

Steelers players pick Ravens over Bengals as their top rival
12:43 PM PT
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Apparently the Pittsburgh Steelers won't give the Cincinnati Bengals the satisfaction of coming in first place in anything.

The on-field theatrics of last season were not enough for Cincinnati to usurp the Baltimore Ravens as the Steelers' top rival, two starting players said at organized team activities this week.
no respect
laugh.gif

makes sense though
John Harbaugh will find some way to cry about this too.

BUT! First thing he'll whine about is...
Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh was fined $137,123 and the Ravens were stripped of a week of OTA practices last week after it was discovered that the Ravens were using pads at practice. 

Last edited:
49ers favored to win exactly none of their games in 2016
9:22 AM PT
ESPN.com

If you think the San Francisco 49ers struggled in 2015, Las Vegas believes 2016 could be worse. Cantor Technology released the spreads for every NFL game in Weeks 1-16.

The 49ers aren't favored in any of their games. They are a pick 'em -- meaning there is no favorite -- for three home games, Week 7 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Week 9 against the New Orleans Saints and Week 14 against the New York Jets.

The 49ers were 5-11 last season under coach Jim Tomsula. From 2011-13, they reached the NFC Championship game every season. In 2012, they went to the Super Bowl but lost to the Baltimore Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom