OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just makes sense. I rocked with Bortles and Dalton last season and as the weeks passed, I found Andy sitting on my bench. Garbage time points from Ninja Bortles >> but ya gotta figure this season another year of A-Rob, Hurns, and now Ivory.. Blake will be very well off.
Somehow I ended up with Russell Wilson and Cam Newton on my team last year :lol: Never knew who to start last year, especially down the stretch when Wilson was going off.

We've reached the point where the Jets GM will either look like a genius or a straight up fool depending on how this Fitz situation goes. Very risky way to handle it and could sabotage the upcoming season before it even starts.

I can't believe they're playing these games with the most important position in the entire sport.

I still don't have any issues with Fitzpatrick's side of it. Know your worth (in the current market)...

Last edited:

laugh.gif

Watching NFL Networks Top 100. Blake Bortles is in the 50's and Carr is only 100? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

List is bogus. TURNT was 85 and he's better then Bortles.

you tripping.  Bortles is playmaking, acc and arm strength is way better. 
What does acc stand for?
Accuracy...

We've reached the point where the Jets GM will either look like a genius or a straight up fool depending on how this Fitz situation goes. Very risky way to handle it and could sabotage the upcoming season before it even starts.

I can't believe they're playing these games with the most important position in the entire sport.

I still don't have any issues with Fitzpatrick's side of it. Know your worth (in the current market)...

I understand the worth/current market argument but the Jets can't afford (literally and figuratively) to give a journeyman QB $ in that pay range. No doubt his performance Wk 17 hurt his value in the eyes of the team.

Do I want him back? Yes.
Do I want him back at Mike Macc's price? Yes.

It's frustrating to see how this has unfolded. It went from a sure thing once the off-season allowed them, dating back to Week 15 or 16 to 5 months of nonsense. Only the Jets I swear :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Let's be realistically about this jets situation.

It really isn't a big deal if they don't get Fitz.

The jets have the makings of a .500 team this year with that schedule and Fitz.

Just tank it and grab a QB.

come on man you know its more phases of the game outside of the QB. 

I do. My question is how much better do you think Washington is then Jacksonville? According to many in this thread Washington was a fluke that only won the East because of a bad division. Bortles being a better QB then Kirk in a equally bad division should have done a little better IMO record wise. They went 5-11.

Kirk went crazy the last 8 weeks of the season. My pro Washington spill aside, I believe he has to do it for 16 games. I support Kirk 100% but I'm not totally sold yet. This year will determine if he's legit or not. I'd argue however that 8 week stretch was more impressive then anything I've seen from Bortles thus far in the NFL.

Last edited:
Let's be realistically about this jets situation.

It really isn't a big deal if they don't get Fitz.

The jets have the makings of a .500 team this year with that schedule and Fitz.

Just tank it and grab a QB.

I'm trying to kick the bias to the curb, but schedule aside - because let's be real, we play Seattle Wk4 and Russ could be out with a concussion for all we know (meaning the schedule on paper sucks but who knows how teams will look and fair as the season progresses), the Jets have improved offensively. The defense has taken a hit, but still has the making to be very solid again.

Fitz brings the sense of familiarity in at QB, and the guys love him. Whether or not we see Geno succeed with actual weaponry unlike his past is the real debate.

Jets need fitz. Those first 6 weeks would be brutal with the likes of petty, geno marino, or hackenberg under center. 

That defense isn't winning them 8 games.

suspect all last season 

Fitz literally threw them out of the playoffs last year. Guy was feeling himself too much and threw three picks. I think 5 mil a year for him is too much. He's been in the league for mad long and only had one good year and I don't think he's capable of another year of that.

I think I rather talk about Hope Solo's pastrami cave than this Fitz situation anymore :smh: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom