OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing is more important in sports than a franchise QB
Precisely.

I know it's tempting to make fun of the Eagles, but I think this is a worthy gamble.

There isn't a dollar amount or draft pick that equals having a real franchise QB. Those type of players are worth entire draft classes and more. Eagles are banking on their guy turning into that. I'm not gonna kill them for it, not now. They just need to be correct on their analysis.
laugh.gif

Look at it this way...if they get it right on this particular player, the trade will eventually be viewed as a robbery for Philly.

I'm also looking at the exchange differently than most. The teams swapped 1st and 4th rounders. So Philly essentially only gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spread across 3 different seasons. If they end up being wrong, that's a MUCH easier hit to take than multiple high draft picks in the same class.

I don't know what the hell they're gonna do with Bradford, but in theory, you could also recoup some assets by trading him.

I like the gamble. It's absolutely worth taking the risk IF you feel the QB will be one of those guys.
Where are all the folks that said the Rams made a bad deal at????

nerd.gif
Does today's trade magically prevent Jeff Fisher from being eternally mediocre or making risky decisions that usually don't end well?

Eagles have just as good a chance of getting it right at QB since it's pretty much a toss-up between Wentz and Goff. Yet they gave up less than y'all.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Rams "fleeced" Washington for RG3 and where did that get them? no where because they don't have a QB

I will take the gamble

we have our LT of the future (lane Johnson).. one of our 'big' free agent signings was at guard (Brandon brooks)

our immediate Oline needs were at guard and depth.. we addressed those.. our future need is a RT, which you can get later in the draft (see todd herremans)
Hope those new additions work out, but I realize Peters is only getting older and I'd like to see someone take his spot hopefully soon.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.. not sure if serious

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/3/30/11335788/lane-johnson-eagles-dunk-video

They have too much money tied up at the QB position after this deal
again Bradford one a year deal, the money is irrelevant, Chase Daniel is on a two year deal, both won't be in Philly in 2017
chase could be.. chase's deal only escalates if he is a starter I think.. Bradford is definitely gone unless he restructures and decides he's happy being a backup (which I doubt)

Bradford and peters being gone is how we're going afford whatever deal we give fletcher cox

when that girl told me she got her period, one of the greatest days of my life 

I think we've all been there, but this right here, is probably one of the best feelings in the world. :lol:

Especially, when you know you never really liked the girl. Lesson learned indeed.

too much realness

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
After meeting with Jets officials today, free-agent QB Brian Hoyer has decided to head to Denver to visit the Broncos, per source.

pls stay in Denver

y u do dis.

I will reserve judgment

if Carson Wentz turns out to be a McNabb level QB than it is worth it

unless wentz takes the iggles to the bowl and starts yakin up a storm :nerd:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
1 hour ago - View on Twitter
After meeting with Jets officials today, free-agent QB Brian Hoyer has decided to head to Denver to visit the Broncos, per source.

sb sb

Edit: I'm 2 pages late :lol:

:smh:

Jets and Broncos really looking at Hoyer :lol:

elway is coming up with a master plan. you will all see |I

Broncos inquired about Chase Daniel :nerd:

stawph it stillin.

i was thinking about this scenario yesterday during dinner (serious). if the broncos rather have sam instead of kaep, can sam restructure his contract for lower hit and more years? id rather have sam than kaep but only if he restructures for a 3 yr deal. not sure if possible. some @ shefter.

I wasn't even referring to Lane Johnson. I generalized and mentioned the OL, unless LJ will be playing every OL position.
eyes.gif
he's going to be playing Jason peters spot when he leaves (like when peters was out due to injury, lane went from the right tackle spot to the left side).. unless I read this wrong:
but I realize Peters is only getting older and I'd like to see someone take his spot hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Precisely.

I know it's tempting to make fun of the Eagles, but I think this is a worthy gamble.

There isn't a dollar amount or draft pick that equals having a real franchise QB. Those type of players are worth entire draft classes and more. Eagles are banking on their guy turning into that. I'm not gonna kill them for it, not now. They just need to be correct on their analysis. :lol:

Look at it this way...if they get it right on this particular player, the trade will eventually be viewed as a robbery for Philly.

I'm also looking at the exchange differently than most. The teams swapped 1st and 4th rounders. So Philly essentially only gave up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spread across 3 different seasons. If they end up being wrong, that's a MUCH easier hit to take than multiple high draft picks in the same class.

I don't know what the hell they're gonna do with Bradford, but in theory, you could also recoup some assets by trading him.

I like the gamble. It's absolutely worth taking the risk IF you feel the QB will be one of those guys.

Does today's trade magically prevent Jeff Fisher from being eternally mediocre or making risky decisions that usually don't end well?

Eagles have just as good a chance of getting it right at QB since it's pretty much a toss-up between Wentz and Goff. Yet they gave up less than y'all.

Good luck.

totally agree with you...its easier to stomach 3 picks spread over a 3 year span....hopefully it hits i sure am tired of being average...might as well go for broke...

he's going to be playing Jason peters spot when he leaves (like when peters was out due to injury, lane went from the right tackle spot to the left side).. unless I read this wrong:

As of now yes, but position switches aside, we need more depth at OL. Unless I generalized over your head.

The girl I'm currently with also thinks that basically the man supports the whole family while the woman just is a stay at home mom.

I definitely don't have the same views with her on that. I know childcare is expensive, but I'd have to be making $80,000+ to support the whole family and have us living good. Plus, I like a woman with ambition that actually wants her own career as well.

Not sure how this one is gonna work out, NT bros.

I've done this before.

It kinda feels good to it but it can be annoying.

Everything is on you and they can be ungrateful at times.

Also if the dynamics of the relationship ever change it won't be "I wanted to stay home and you supported me" it will become "we agreed that I should stay home and take care of kids"

You're potentially setting yourself up for her getting comfortable in that lifestyle even when the kids are old enough to not have a stay at home mom.

Last edited:
Of course not but, they gave up way too much. 5 picks is a robbery. To be real with you man, I'm not buying this kid Wentz man at all.

The Atlanta Falcons selected Jones with the sixth overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft. Atlanta traded five draft picks to the Cleveland Browns to move up into their spot and take Jones, giving up their 27th, 59th, and 124th picks from the 2011 draft, and their first and fourth round picks from the 2012 draft.
Bruh are you really trying to sale a Panthers fan on the draft process of the weak as Falcons?

When's the last time trading up this far for a qb has worked out? Not a rhetorical question, I just can't think of one.
Vick worked out for a little while but that didn't end well.

As of now yes, but position switches aside, we need more depth at OL.
my original answer:

we have our LT of the future (lane Johnson).. one of our 'big' free agent signings was at guard (Brandon brooks)

our immediate Oline needs were at guard and depth.. we addressed those.. our future need is a RT, which you can get later in the draft (see todd herremans)
other Oline/guard moves for reference:

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...sive-line-penn-state-steelers-jaguars-raiders

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...bin-signs-one-year-contract-guard-tackle-iowa

and the Brandon brooks signing:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14936543/brandon-brooks-agrees-five-year-deal-philadelphia-eagles

Titans and Browns are doing the draft right. Cleveland will still find a way to whiff on every pick, though.

In now hearing SD could be next to move out of #3. would be the first time in 19 yrs the first 3 picks in the draft are moved.

• “Sam Bradford is our starting QB … [and we’re] comfortable with both those guys [Wentz and Goff].”
  • “Although this doesn’t fit an immediate need,” it’s an opportunity they couldn’t pass up.
  • “We’re very sure we’re gonna get the player we want.”
  • They feel they “have some time to prepare for the loss” of picks in future drafts.
  • “You have to be very comfortable with both of those QBs … if you only felt strongly about one, you wait ’til you’re on the clock to make this trade.”
  • “If you commit that you’re gonna invest in quarterbacks … sometimes you gotta put your money where your mouth is.”
  • “Our first goal was to try to get into the top-ten. And once we got into the top ten and had some time to evaluate … we felt that we had to take advantage of it.”
  • “It was weighing the risk of losing out on an opportunity that we thought was unique for our team.”
  • Mentioned more than once that the QB class in upcoming years doesn’t look too impressive.
  • The two QBs: “It’s like pepperoni pizza vs. sausage.” They’re different but both good.
  • “They’re like chocolate and vanilla. I like both chocolate and vanilla.
    • A “What flavor is Sam Bradford” question went unanswered.
  • “We’re not positioned where anyone has to come in here and play this year.”
  • Doug Pederson was “heavily involved” in the process.
  • “We look at it as investing in the quarterback position.” In the past, some have ended up in trades for assets … we’re extremely excited about what we have on the QB depth chart.
  • On if the pick could win the starting job in camp: “I think that goes for any position.”

Of course not but, they gave up way too much. 5 picks is a robbery. To be real with you man, I'm not buying this kid Wentz man at all.
The Atlanta Falcons selected Jones with the sixth overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft. Atlanta traded five draft picks to the Cleveland Browns to move up into their spot and take Jones, giving up their 27th, 59th, and 124th picks from the 2011 draft, and their first and fourth round picks from the 2012 draft.
Bruh are you really trying to sale a Panthers fan on the draft process of the weak as Falcons?
it's an example.. using the parameters of the statement you made

I'm curious what the browns actually netted from that deal in on the field talent

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom