OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrell davis (first 4 years, 95-98)

•season

61 games
6413 rushing yards (105 yards average per game)
1 td average per game (56 rushing, 5 receiving)

•playoffs

8 games
1140 rushing yards (142 yards average per game)
12 tds (1.5 average per game)

3x 1st team all-pro
2x superbowl champion
superbowl 32 mvp
98 nfl mvp
rushed for 2008 yards in 98. he sat out 8 full quarters in the season when the broncos had a good lead in a game. in a sense, he rushed for 2008 yards in 14 games. if shanahan played him for those 8 quarters, the rushing record for a season could have been broken.
2008+125.5+125.5 = 2259 rushing yards (based on davis's average rushing yards per game in 98)
rushing record - 2105 by dickerson

•first 4 years rushing in nfl history

eric dickerson - 6968 yards, 4.8 ypc
earl campbell - 6457 yards, 4.6 ypc
terrell davis - 6413 yards, 4.8 ypc

no member in the hof has more rushing touchdowns than terrell davis (56) in their first 4 years in the nfl

get TD in the hof
nthat.gif
Those playoff #'s
eek.gif
No lie this was my exact same reaction.

I knew TD beasted in the playoffs but cotdamn.
sick.gif

Longevity should be celebrated but so should dominance. You can't tell the story of the NFL without those TD and Broncos years

I respect 55 always sticking up for Shaun. We all have our favorites (see me with tight ends lists and Heath)

Does TD also lose leverage because of Shanahan? After TD was gone it seemed like Shanny was still cranking out 1,000 yard backs. Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Tatum Bell, and Rueben Droughn all ran for that milestone after Boss Hog. It seemed like these guys were picked up off the street and moonwalked to 1,000 yards.

TD is not a HOF'er to me.

I'll tell you what...Let's put him in there, but under the stipulation that his entire offensive line is included with him.

Does TD also lose leverage because of Shanahan? After TD was gone it seemed like Shanny was still cranking out 1,000 yard backs. Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Tatum Bell, and Rueben Droughn all ran for that milestone after Boss Hog. It seemed like these guys were picked up off the street and moonwalked to 1,000 yards.

Clinton Portis too.

it's crazy that in 8 playoff games TD accomplished more than what most RBs would in a whole season. or if he kept that pace he would have 2280 years in 16 games. :x

VonMiller_SuperMan_original.gif

Haven't forgotten about this game.

:pimp:

Franc - see you in Ohio

:smokin

Shaun > TD

lulz

I've said this before, if Kurt Warner is a HOFer, Terrell Davis is a HOFer.

Short and brilliant careers.

yes.

terrell davis (first 4 years, 95-98)

•season

61 games

6413 rushing yards (105 yards average per game)

1 td average per game (56 rushing, 5 receiving)

•playoffs

8 games

1140 rushing yards (142 yards average per game)

12 tds (1.5 average per game)

3x 1st team all-pro

2x superbowl champion

superbowl 32 mvp

98 nfl mvp

rushed for 2008 yards in 98. he sat out 8 full quarters in the season when the broncos had a good lead in a game. in a sense, he rushed for 2008 yards in 14 games. if shanahan played him for those 8 quarters, the rushing record for a season could have been broken.

2008+125.5+125.5 = 2259 rushing yards (based on davis's average rushing yards per game in 98)

rushing record - 2105 by dickerson

•first 4 years rushing in nfl history

eric dickerson - 6968 yards, 4.8 ypc

earl campbell - 6457 yards, 4.6 ypc

terrell davis - 6413 yards, 4.8 ypc

no member in the hof has more rushing touchdowns than terrell davis (56) in their first 4 years in the nfl

get TD in the hof :nthat:

Those playoff #'s :wow:

No lie this was my exact same reaction.

I knew TD beasted in the playoffs but cotdamn. :x

im sayin.

1997 :smh:

TD was a BEAST though. Still love his play in the SB when e couldn't see. Shanahan :lol:

:smokin

Shaun > TD

I can't cosign this

law knows

Those backs were serviceable but TD dominated

this.

TD is not a HOF'er to me.

I'll tell you what...Let's put him in there, but under the stipulation that his entire offensive line is included with him.

lulz. because mark schlereth, tom nalen, brian habbib, dan niel, tony jones, harry swayne and matt lepsis are already in the hof. zimmerman made the hof but was only in denver for 2 of TDs seasons. and those other backs that rushed for 1k were serviceable backs. denver didnt go anywhere with them but missing the playoffs or getting washed in the first round of the playoffs.

side note, TDs 2k season > APs 2k season.

@dwatkinsNBC5: Trouble finds Manziel again. Early this morning FW Police were called to get information about a dispute between he and his GF. No arrests.

Bandziel should just come home to Jerrah already...

if I was an NFL team there would be no point to sign Manziel, he's a douche bum and won't ever amount to anything and he seems to be ok with that

the real question is if dude be hitting the fireball and chugging beers like the BROSKI

This level of bro is once in a lifetime by a pro athlete of that caliber :lol:

Kelce can gain some ground depending on how his dating show goes. He's certainly showing All-Pro bro potential though

Yea AP literally carried a squad that had NO business sniffing the playoffs into the postseason on his back :lol:

Last edited:
# of years played will play a big factor in getting into the HOF. That's why Patrick Willis will never get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom